• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No, no, say it ain't so!!

da disney fans

<font color=red>Cast Member!<br><font color=indigo
I heard a rumor about Pirates/Blue Bayou being closed this fall?? Anyone know the source of this horrible rumor? Pirates is one of my main reasons for flying 3000 miles in November, and I will absolutely BAWL if it's closed.

According to Disney's refurbishment schedule, Haunted Mansion is closed in October for holiday install, Small World is closed in late Oct/early Nov for holiday install but opens on November 11. After that, all attractions are scheduled to be open. That doesn't mean they necessarily will be, but that's what Disney's website is saying right now.

Where did you hear that they would be closed? We're going in November, too.

Ugh.

I heard the rumor here on Disboards, but then found it (after MUCH searching all over the internet) on MousePlanet here: http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050808.htm#Rehabs

Oh man, it BETTER just be a "strong rumor". I will be devastated otherwise. :(

I think I'll call and try to make a PS for Blue Bayou (want to do this anyway, for Mom's birthday lunch) and see what they say...

Typically, that is the period of time that Pirates is refurbished. However, there is another rumor going 'round that the Pirates refurbishment will be held off until early Spring -- however, until the powers that be tell us what is going on, it's all conjecture at this point.

Sorry to say it... but, I've heard the rumor from friends at WDI.

HOWEVER, if it isn't on the official maintenance budget/schedule, then I wouldn't sweat it just yet. And, another friend told me that it isn't in the schedule (or the budget).

He said that it's a rumor associated with the "Johnny Depp is doing a voice-over" thing.

Wish I could offer more!

aw man... This will probably be my only trip in a long time....they'd better not close my favorite ride!

I spoke with DL Dining today. The guy was sort of laughing about mouseplanet's info, saying it's often not reliable. I was able to make lunch PS at Blue Bayou for my Oct 5-10 trip. He did say that it was possible that the PoC ride would be closed then, but said that the BB had a rather recent refurb so he didn't think it was likely to close.

I have my fingers crossed that Pirates will not be closed for refurb at that time, too. My family is looking forward to that ride!

I noticed that Mouseplanet also said that Haunted Mansion would be closed starting September 6th, but Disney's official schedule makes it seem like it won't be closed until September 12th...which will give me a day to ride it before it closes! :cool1:
So I don't think anything is really set in stone....No one knows what Disney has up its sleeves! :confused3

Although anything's possible, it would surprise me if Disney would close such a major ride going through the holiday season, especially during their 50th. After New Year's would seem more plausible, but then, what do I know?

I just checked the website and it says nothing about Haunted Mansion being closed in October, is this for real? And Pirates, I will be so disapointed. It didn't *say* anything about either one being closed. Should we cancel and just go at the end of October???

moniquem said:
I just checked the website and it says nothing about Haunted Mansion being closed in October, is this for real? And Pirates, I will be so disapointed. It didn't *say* anything about either one being closed. Should we cancel and just go at the end of October???

Haunted Mansion will be closed in September for its Halloween "Nightmare Before Christmas" makeover, and will be in that mode through New Years. So, it will be open when you're there, but it won't be the classic show - you'll be seeing the holiday scenario.

Pirates is still up in the air, but those in the know say there's a buzz that it will go down for rehab.

moniquem said:

Sorry--that was my mistake. As Mary Jo said, the holiday install for HM is in September--the 12-29 to be exact--not October. I was going from memory, which is often not as reliable as it used to be. :guilty:

Sigh. Couldn't make a PS for Blue Bayou since we're more than 60 days out. Guess we'll just have to cross our fingers!

I got this email from guest relations today regarding the status of POC for this fall:

8/10/2005

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your e-mail to the Disneyland Resort.

You will be pleased to know that Pirates of the Caribbean
refurbishment date has been delayed until early next year.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you
will have the opportunity to visit the Disneyland Resort soon and trust your visit will be pleasant =
in all regards.

Sincerely,

Linda Trump
Disneyland Resort
Guest Communications

I should add that I also called guest services and was told the only thing that would definately be closed at the end of Octobor/early November is It's a Small World. Califnornia Screamin' may or may not still be closed.

Dakota_Lynn said:
I got this email from guest relations today regarding the status of POC for this fall:

8/10/2005

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your e-mail to the Disneyland Resort.

You will be pleased to know that Pirates of the Caribbean
refurbishment date has been delayed until early next year.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you
will have the opportunity to visit the Disneyland Resort soon and trust your visit will be pleasant =
in all regards.

Sincerely,

Linda Trump
Disneyland Resort
Guest Communications

:cheer2: :bounce: :thewave:

Dakota Lynn, you have totally made my night!! Thanks so much! :love2:

WDWhoneymooner said:
:cheer2: :bounce: :thewave:

Dakota Lynn, you have totally made my night!! Thanks so much! :love2:

You're quite welcome! I was also VERY happy to find out that it would be open. It's one of my favorite rides. This will be my sixth trip to DL and I remember it was closed during my third trip. I still had fun, but every time I walked by POC I was so very disappointed! I hope you have a great trip! We'll be there from October 29th until November 6th! I'm counting the days already!

Dakota Lynn, Thank you so much for posting that!! YAY!!!! The thought of POTC being closed during our trip was almost enough to make me consider rescheduling it.

Thank You, Thank You Dakota Lynn!! :cool1: :banana: (doin the happy dance).
We are going Dec. 6th-10th. I was so bummed to read the possible refurb. Glad you got someone at guest relations who knew something. I had no luck with the lady I talked too.

YIPEE :cheer2:

Thanks again!!!

Janelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter