• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more use of showers at Beach Club/Stormalong Bay

BirdsOfPreyDave

Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I saw a report on Facebook the other day where someone was told they couldn't use the gym showers at BCV on their check-out day. This concerned me because we also use the pool on our check-out day when we have a late flight.

I sent an email to DVC member satisfaction and got a call, last night, confirming that there has been a recent policy change. Only people who purchase a spa treatment may use the showers, now. So it you were hoping to fly home without smelling like chlorine, suntan lotion, and sweat... sorry.

Please join me in contacting DVC and sharing with them that you're extremely disappointed in this change.

The policy change doesn't apply at SSR, where the showers are separate from the spa & gym. Member Satisfaction also told me it didn't apply at BWV. I can't speak to other resorts, though.

Contacting DVC won't do anything, it's not a DVC issue. If you want to express your displeasure you should contact WDW.
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I'm pretty sure that the spa at BC is not run by Disney and they probably got tired of paying for the cleaning and maintenance of the shower area when it is being used by non-spa-paying guests.

:earsboy: Bill

Am I confused or is there a shower in one of the restrooms. I could swear I took a shower at a bathroom over by the ice cream place. (I know I have never been in the spa there so..)

We used the shower/locker facilities at BC at loved them!

I AGREE! If it is "connected" to use of spa in some manner, that is ridiculous!:confused:
If shower and locker facilities are still being offered at other resorts,
BC should be no different! Disappointed to hear that!:mad:

Am I confused or is there a shower in one of the restrooms. I could swear I took a shower at a bathroom over by the ice cream place. (I know I have never been in the spa there so..)

Those are the showers I'm thinking of too. And if you can't gon in there, that would suggest to me that you can't go to the bathroom wither-a BIG problem to me! If you can, how do they monitor who goes in there to use the bathroom and who goes in to take a shower?

Yea is this in the workout club? Or do you mean the shower next to the quiet pool of BCV?

bobbiwoz said:
Are there showers in the bathrooms by the villas pool?

No showers in the bathrooms by the villas pool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

Never been in these next to the BC quiet pool-none here either?

ec29ea89-cbf8-47ea-8a03-9539e860fafa.jpg

We are SO disappointed to hear this news!! We use SAB all day long on our check out day and always took a nice shower before our flight, not happy here. But, my husband brings up a good point. If the gym facilities are open and free to use for BC/BCV guests, they can't shower after a workout?? You can only shower now if you pay big bucks for a spa treatment, this just doesn't make sense to me:confused:.

Guess its just the pool rinse showers, grab some soap and have at it. :rotfl:

The locker room is connected to the workout rooms - not just the "spa". This doesn't make much sense.

We are SO disappointed to hear this news!! We use SAB all day long on our check out day and always took a nice shower before our flight, not happy here.

Ditto, we've done this many times.

But, my husband brings up a good point. If the gym facilities are open and free to use for BC/BCV guests, they can't shower after a workout?? You can only shower now if you pay big bucks for a spa treatment, this just doesn't make sense to me:confused:.

Funny, that's the first thing my husband said, too! Hotel guests can use the gym, right?:confused3

Are there showers in the bathrooms by the villas pool?

There is a shower stall in the ladies room next to the BCV pool. Last time I was in there, though, it didn't have a shower curtain or anything. That is a single bathroom with a locking door so I suppose you could use it, but I assumed it was more for showering while in your bathing suit.

There is a shower stall in the ladies room next to the BCV pool. Last time I was in there, though, it didn't have a shower curtain or anything. That is a single bathroom with a locking door so I suppose you could use it, but I assumed it was more for showering while in your bathing suit.

Isn't there a shower on the deck next to the BCV quiet pool?

:earsboy: Bill

We are SO disappointed to hear this news!! We use SAB all day long on our check out day and always took a nice shower before our flight, not happy here. But, my husband brings up a good point. If the gym facilities are open and free to use for BC/BCV guests, they can't shower after a workout?? You can only shower now if you pay big bucks for a spa treatment, this just doesn't make sense to me:confused:.

Now that I think about this further, I wonder if the spa also owns the gym now. Are the resort guests not allowed to use the gym now, and if they are, they can't shower after a workout?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter