no more transatlantics???

Kurby

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou
dh and i have been talking about the transatlantic for months now and i wanted to get an idea of price so i went to dcl's website to look it up and noticed that the last one is sept 2011

even though May 2012 prices are out there is no transatlantic cruise.

because of the new ships have the stopped the transatlantic??

i hope not - i was sooooo looking forward to going on one when the kids were a little older. :(

they haven't announced where the magic and wonder will be summer 2012, so until they do, they won't have any transatlantic posted. i think i read somewhere on here that they will be announcing summer schedules for magic and wonder in march but don't quote me on that.

If the Magic returns to Europe for summer 2012 there will have to be at least one more transatlantic. It's just a matter of waiting until further schedules are released.

That the big question! On the PC was told March / April then was told mid summer., Rumor is Magic will go to Europe and Wonder Alaska or Asia and Hawaii and MR

We have been told in the UK that there will be no more Disney Ships in Europe.

even though May 2012 prices are out there is no transatlantic cruise.

:(

May prices are only out for the Dream and Fantasy. We know they're staying at Port Canaveral. The only transatlantic ship has been the Magic....those prices are only out for through March 2012. Still a possibility.

With gas nearly $12 a gallon in parts of Europe I bet they are thinking about that as well.

If you look at the carpets onboard the Dream, it shows a Disney ship in Europe. I wouldn't think they would show that if they didn't intent to continue their European sailings.

We were told by our TA a few weeks ago that they did not think that DCL would be returning to Europe in 2012....who knows..we will all have to wait and see.

MJ

12 bucks????? and we're bytching that ours just went up 5 cents a ltr over night to a buck 25 a ltr

Please, please, please...someone tell me the TransAtlantic cruises will continue in 2012. I'll cry if they don''t happen anymore...

12 bucks????? and we're bytching that ours just went up 5 cents a ltr over night to a buck 25 a ltr

Right now in the UK, petrol is just over $10 a gallon (£6.37) or $2.30 a litre (£1.40). I would love another Med cruise next year but right now those gas prices are high!!

My friend was on the Magic President's week and the captain told them that the Magic will be sailing out of New York for the summer of 2012. We are certainly hoping that comes to pass!

There are many rumors abounding at this time about transatlantic in 2012. But, keep this in mind. The Magic is coming back stateside in September of 2011 (We will be on board). And the long term plans for Disney "typically" reference one of their ships servicing Europe. So at a minimum, I would have to believe that there should be an Eastbound transatlantic just to get the ship positioned.

I would say if you see one posted, book immediately. You can always get a return but if it is advertised as the last TA for a while....it will be packed.

Have done transatlantic on both Disny and NCL.....NO COMPARISON WHATSOVER!

Hmmm...I'm seeing 1.55 EUR per liter, around 8.50 US in Germany and Italy. That really puts a cramp in touring the country by car.

My friend was on the Magic President's week and the captain told them that the Magic will be sailing out of New York for the summer of 2012. We are certainly hoping that comes to pass!

That would be lovely but I can't see the Captain saying that before an announcement was made...I could see some of the staff saying it, but not the Captain.

I would love for that to be true....

MJ

So many rumors, but I was also told the Magic was going to sail out of NY Summer of 2012 by an DCL employee.... but who knows if it true.:) She says it will be announced in April... so I'm waiting....

Husband's family is in Croatia and while over there it was $ 9.75 now close to $12

do they even drive anymore????? that's just insane

so is the price in the UK - my aunt lives near Manchester so i know it's always been high but now that's much higher then ever before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter