No more towel characters

Very sad. I love the little touches like towel animals. I was given a little Cinderella bird from one of the mousekeepers. It is a real treasure to me.!

We just returned from a trip that lasted from 10/11-10/22 and over thr course of three different resorts, we didn't once get the towel animals. I should mention that we are two adults, no kids in our early thirties, but I was still a little disappointed to realize that the towel animals were not being left. I thought it might be because we were two adults, but now I see that it is has become a thing not to do them. I also call B.S on the "cleaner room" excuse, our rooms at FW and PORiv. didn't look like they had been dusted in weeks....
It certainly didn't ruin our trip, but when out last trip was two years ago and they were still doing the animals at Art of Animation.

I was at Port Orleans Riverside about ten days ago and on three days during my seven day stay I received towel animals. On my first full day at the resort, the housekeeper left three towel animals. I was really surprised as I had read this thread about them not being left in guest rooms anymore.

I was at Port Orleans Riverside about ten days ago and on three days during my seven day stay I received towel animals. On my first full day at the resort, the housekeeper left three towel animals. I was really surprised as I had read this thread about them not being left in guest rooms anymore.
Maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but since you were just at the Port Orleans Riverside and we will be staying there in 10 days - can you tell me if they have mini refrigerators in the rooms? I seem to get different answers when I look.

Maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but since you were just at the Port Orleans Riverside and we will be staying there in 10 days - can you tell me if they have mini refrigerators in the rooms? I seem to get different answers when I look.
Yes they do every room does.

Yes, all of the guest rooms at Riverside and French Quarter now have mini-fridges. I believe that most of the Disney Resorts now have mini-fridges including the value resorts.

A little sad, but we never really got towel animals anyway. I think we always lucked out. So I'm not too sad about it - to be honest, I'd rather them spend that extra 30 seconds cleaning like the referenced survey said.

Our fridge was hit and miss...
The first couple of days it wouldn't cool anything, after I cranked the dial it froze everything on the top shelf....
*shrug*

So sad to hear this. We would always leave a pair of sunglasses, a hat or other accessory and when we got back to the room there would be a towel animal with the accessory. During a visit at Christmas we left a stand of lights on the table next to the tree. When we got back to the room the monkey was hanging, all wrapped up in the lights. And we always had a clean room.

Just received word from housekeeping and front desk management that their will no longer be anymore towel animals made in the disney world resort properties. Management said a focus survey stated guest would rather have cleaner rooms then towel characters. I'm lost on this but I just checked out of the cabins in Fort wilderness and saw supervision tell a 27 year employed housekeeper she would be reprimanded if she made any characters. Oh how the times have changed.

haha this makes me laugh. like NO you can't make animal towels. I really don't think its that big of a deal if there are towel animals on the beds or not.. like for me when i get in my room I throw them right on the group and take like a 20 min nap lol!

We stayed at BCV and now at BLT. No towel animals. Not even the Mickey head made from towels on the bed.

Folding, then rolling a towel. Put three together, takes moments. However add glue and eyes and stage them properly and I can see the lost time. I can understand the decision as "cut it out" as any addition or craftiness would impact the number of rooms served / day ratio

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter