No more testing to return to Canada!!!

it sounds like we will continue to use ArriveCAN to upload proof of vaccination. There is also the potential for random testing once you arrive at the airport. CBC just reported the announcement may be made as early as tomorrow.
As someone whose youngest had to do the arrival testing, it should not be a stressor or concern to anyone, unless you have a tight connection. Truly.

May I ask where you got your doctors letter for travel (assuming you did)? My PCP won’t give me one unless I continuously test positive. Grrr.
Nope. He wanted to charge $35 for it. I can get an Antigen for under $20. I’ll just do that. Hopefully US lifts the test requirement soon to.

As someone who just returned today from March break, this was too late to help with this trip but clears the way for 2 trips we’re planning over the summer so I am *thrilled*.

(and for what it’s worth, in Dominican Republic they didn’t even check our COVID test results so I guess that was a waste of $300 - lol.)

So what exactly is the policy should we test positive on the Switch testing for the return flight home? The airlines won't let you on - are you then on the hook for finding a place to stay for how many days?

So what exactly is the policy should we test positive on the Switch testing for the return flight home? The airlines won't let you on - are you then on the hook for finding a place to stay for how many days?

Before April 1? Yes, you are on the hook for finding a place to stay for 10 days.

Before April 1? Yes, you are on the hook for finding a place to stay for 10 days.

But as the airlines are not going to be asking for proof of testing as of April 1st, then we'd have to find a place to stay until April 1st right?

But as the airlines are not going to be asking for proof of testing as of April 1st, then we'd have to find a place to stay until April 1st right?

The US has said that you shouldn't fly for 10 days after a positive test. Someone on the boards here reported being contacted to make sure they were quarantining.

As someone who just returned today from March break, this was too late to help with this trip but clears the way for 2 trips we’re planning over the summer so I am *thrilled*.

(and for what it’s worth, in Dominican Republic they didn’t even check our COVID test results so I guess that was a waste of $300 - lol.)

Did they not check it upon arrival to Dominican or when leavin gi tot return to Canada?

Does anyone know if it matters if you have a connecting flight in the US? Let’s say I’m flying from MCO to New York to Toronto (just as an example) do I need to provide anything for the MCO to New York flight? (I don’t think so but I’m paranoid!)

We have not travelled since 2019, but are considering Disneyland this summer. I see that we don't need a test to fly back into Canada, but what kind of a test is needed to fly into the States right now? Is an at-home test enough? If not, where do you get the test, what kind of test is it (nasal swab, gargle test...?) and how much does it cost? We are in Vancouver. Thank you!

If not, where do you get the test, what kind of test is it (nasal swab, gargle test...?) and how much does it cost? We are in Vancouver. Thank you!

Antigen Test. Can be via telehealth (ie the Switch Health Antigen Test). There are a number of options available. Do it yourself with out supervision is not accepted.

Things change constantly, so you will want to check latest requirements shortly before your trip.

Did they not check it upon arrival to Dominican or when leavin gi tot return to Canada?

Neither one! There's no requirement to test to enter DR, so that's fine, but the Westjet agent should have verified our test results before checking us in for the flight home. We started to pull them out, and she just kind of waved them away.

Neither one! There's no requirement to test to enter DR, so that's fine, but the Westjet agent should have verified our test results before checking us in for the flight home. We started to pull them out, and she just kind of waved them away.

are They supposed to scan something? Are we supposed to bring paper copies of our results or are copies on our phones ok?

are They supposed to scan something? Are we supposed to bring paper copies of our results or are copies on our phones ok?

Results on your phone are fine. When you fill out your Arrivecan form you upload your vaccination proof. You have to attest to a negative covid test but you don't need to upload your results, just bring them with you.

We just got back today, one Westjet agent asked if we had our testing results when we were lined up in Orlando, I started getting my phone out and she said she did not need to see it? No one else asked the rest of the trip.

At the Punta Cana airport today, they asked to see our results at multiple points. Granted they didn't spend a lot of looking at the actual reports - but they did make a point to ask for them.

Do I need tests if I'm flying within USA? I'm having a tough time figuring that out!

Planning Apr 23-May1 and thinking about flying Detroit-MCO as we're about a two hour drive from DTW.

Do I need tests if I'm flying within USA? I'm having a tough time figuring that out!

Planning Apr 23-May1 and thinking about flying Detroit-MCO as we're about a two hour drive from DTW.
DD & I are flying DTW-MCO over Easter (woohoo 😆) & no testing required.

No testing is required to fly domestically within the US or to drive over the land border.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter