• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more Tennant's Lager at Rose and Crown!

Dodie

<font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font
I forgot to share this piece of sad news from our recent trip.

It was tradition for us to stop in the Rose and Crown so I could get a Tennant's. DH isn't a big beer drinker, but I do like it, so he would always make a big production over making sure we got to the pub during our trip so I could treat myself.

This time --- no Tennant's! :( She said that they stopped serving it about 4 months ago. I can't remember what the stuff was that replaced it, but I tried it and it just wasn't the same.

You can't get it anywhere around here (which is maybe a good thing). I am so I am sad that one of my Disney traditions is gone. :sad:

Say it isn't so !!!!!
I was just there in April and had a few pints.
The Pub is always our last (and favorite) stop for drinking around the world.

First they turn the Junkanoo bus into a character carivan (Junkanoo bus was mobile bar w/ a band on top in Epcot with Gumbay Smashes a fruity rum drink) and now this.

They did this last year around this time. Then when we went in December it was back.

It just better be back in April :drinking1

I'm a beer lover, so this thread caught my eye. I prefer something fresh and local rather than an import. Are there good microbrews available on Disney property?

JP-STL,

Try the Big River Brew Co. at Boardwalk, it's walking distance from the R&C.

Jim,

Got your e-mail. We're booked at POR at the AAA rate for now. Daughter and SIL didn't want to go for half of a 2 bedroom unit, POR is about $100 less per night than their share would be. I'm still looking to deal for Swan or Dolphin at the Teacher's Rate for all or part of the trip.

Bill From PA

Grumpy92 said:
Here's hoping that the new irish pub at PI will have it.

Sorry but Tennants is Scottish - I used to live around the corner from where it was brewed!

TartanFan said:
Sorry but Tennants is Scottish - I used to live around the corner from where it was brewed!

All the Irish pubs around the rest of Orlando have brews from all around the UK/Ireland, though :) The one we usually go to has the usual suspects from the Rose and Crown plus more.

JP-STL, we haven't been, but yes, the Big River Grille's beers tend to be fairly well rated:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1049/

We also have Hops that originated in Clearwater, but I don't remember if there's one by Disney anymore, they've been closing some of them.

OK, so there is a microbrew...that's a definate stop for me. One more question. Do other restaurants serve the beers brewed at Big River, or are they onlyl available there? And, are there any other local beers/ales/stouts served at WDW restaurants?

...OK, that was two questions. So sue me.

JP-STL said:
OK, so there is a microbrew...that's a definate stop for me. One more question. Do other restaurants serve the beers brewed at Big River, or are they onlyl available there? And, are there any other local beers/ales/stouts served at WDW restaurants?

You can only get Big River beer at the Big River Grill...and it is the only local you'll find on Disney property. IMHO they make decent, not great beers.

JP-STL said:

Bud does a small batch beer for AK and AKL...safari amber, it is quite good.

Wilderness Lodge used to have a special beer also, I don't believe they do anymore though.

We love the microbrews at Big River. It is a great place to enjoy an afternoon snack/meal and people watch while enjoying some beer. Nice bartenders as well.

I agree with cdtommie. The beers at BRG are good, but not spectacular. If you go, try the beer sampler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter