No more Spectromagic?

mcgill93

Mouseketeer
I just saw a post that alluded to the fact that the Spectromagic parade doesn't exist anymore! Please tell me this is not true! :scared1:

For the indefinite near future, it has been replaced by the Main Street Electrical Parade. Spectro will probably return again once MSEP has run for a while.

For what it's worth, I was disappointed when they originally replaced the MSEP with Spectromagic. I like MSEP more, and was happy to see it again.

David

Same here. We didn't go this summer due to a larger fall trip planned and DH and I are VERY excited that MSEP is still there. We haven't seen it since our honeymoon 10 years ago so I can't wait!!

Spectromagic will probably eventually be back.

And not that I dislike Spectro, but I am way happier that MSEP is back! I've gone on and on in several threads and my TR about how THIS parade was the parade I grew up with. I was higher than cloud 9 and in Disney heaven on this last trip when I got to see it again. :cloud9::love:

I'm anxiously counting down the days to when I get to see it again at the beginning of October!

Is this the end of the night parade? And what are the differences?

Yes this parade is the parade before wishes (and sometimes after). It is different from Spectro (which i personally like a slight bit better) in the music and floats. So pretty much everything is different except that it is in magic kingdom and it has the same characters for the most part. :)

Yes - this is the night parade.

MSEP is the OLD parade - Disney Old School! So for those of us of a certain age and older who grew up in the 80's (me!) or the 70's (and who went to Disney during those years), this is what takes us back to our childhood!

There's not TOO much of a huge difference between the parades.

One difference is the lights - MSEP is multi colored lights and Spectro was white lights.

And the biggie is the music! And it's the music that does it to me! The MSEP is very "synthesizer" sounding and was really innovative for its time. But again, like so many memory "triggers" we carry with us, the music really is one of the best elements of taking me back to a time when I was 8 and 9 years old.:goodvibes

Spectro has great music too - it's just different. And I love it too! But it wasn't around until I was older, so I don't have that same connection with it.

No matter what parade is playing, you'll all enjoy it and have a great time!:thumbsup2

I noticed the week we are there the MSEP is only on once.
Would it affect crowd levels the same way F! does?

Meaning MK might be a park to avoid that day?

That isn't true...Spectromagic's lights change from colored to white and back again throughout the parade.

Not even that.

That effect takes place only during the last segment of Spectro.

One difference is the lights - MSEP is multi colored lights and Spectro was white lights.

That isn't true...Spectromagic's lights change from colored to white and back again throughout the parade.

Here is my complete SpectroMagic Parade video,
edited from multiple camera positions and stereo source audio.

You can see that Spectro offers full-color lights throughout,
plus the final segment (beginning at 5:04 in the second clip,)
which features the amazing changes from colored lights to white lights and back again, over-and-over.

SPECTROMAGIC in two parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNMqimC-adM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkmXriEvLXI

Not even that.

That effect takes place only during the last segment of Spectro.

Interesting bit of trivia I learned during the Keys to the Kingdom - they change to white when the children sing.

For the indefinite near future, it has been replaced by the Main Street Electrical Parade. Spectro will probably return again once MSEP has run for a while.

For what it's worth, I was disappointed when they originally replaced the MSEP with Spectromagic. I like MSEP more, and was happy to see it again.

David

This ^

I'm not trying to insult either performance, all are good shows, but this is how I see them.

Spectro is too sedate and mellow. It complements wishes as more of an emotional show, but seeing them back to back makes me sort of uninterested in either, and reaching for some coffee. It was like they tried to capture "childish innocence" in a very boo-bah sort of way. Mickey in the Liberace / Elvis suit is just odd. Maybe they were just trying to wind the kids down for bedtime at the end of the night, except that you still need them to make it out of the parks, hopefully self-mobile.

MSEP and Summer Nighttastic are (were) more upbeat, energetic performances which seem more in-tune with the happiest place on earth. They were kiddish, but cover a broad audience of all ages. The pirates part of SNight was an invigorating wake up call during a performance of well balanced moods. MSEP's corny-ish arcade sound and cutesy cartoonish floats all lit up are in direct contrast to the elegant / artsy light show that Spectro does. Energetic dancers bouncing down the street in MSEP vs a pagent-like stroll for Spectro.

After a long day in the park, if I sit and wait a few minutes for a parade or fireworks, it would be nice if they were uplifting and refreshing for a boost of energy as I make my way out of the park. For that I prefer SN and MSEP.

Eh, so shoot me. I'm obviously not as big of a Spectro fan, and have some of my memories a little garbled. (Usually skipped Spectro and rode rides instead.)

But I AM a MSEP fan! (obviously!)

I've never seen MSEP, so I am excited. I've seen Spectromagic a lot and I love it, but I'm eager to see this parade! Especially after all the good reviews.

After a while, anything will get old.

I think Spectro is absolutely the better night parade, but am happy to have MSEP back for a while. I'd had enough Spectro.

I'll be glad if they bring Spectro back or if they get something new...assuming the new thing doesn't have screens with characters on them that roll past us.

I've never seen Spectro, and am not a big parade fan, but MSEP was VERY COOL! I enjoyed it so much we watched it a second time later in the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter