No more rolling coolers!

Add the rolling cooler that we saw in the bar while we were watching thurs night football. I'm sure disney would have preferred those 4 guys to buy at the bar or at least have the inconvenience of going back to their room for another drink.

Add the rolling cooler that we saw in the bar while we were watching thurs night football. I'm sure disney would have preferred those 4 guys to buy at the bar or at least have the inconvenience of going back to their room for another drink.

That is just tacky and taking advantage of the very generous booze policy DCL has. I am sure it is stuff like this that makes them want to crack down.

MJ

Just off the Fantasy and saw quite a few coolers by security. Was wondering what had happened! I didn't take specific notice, but a few looked pretty small to me (6 pack?) were soft-sided,and weren't rolling coolers. :confused3

(I think they may be the only cruise line that does this).

The Big Red boat does it too. We did a December cruise last year and my Hubby brought his own rum on board. Though I would not go on the Big Red boat again, compared to Disney, it seemed a bit "trashy" or it may have been just our ship, lol.:rotfl2:

While I do beleive you, that sounds so outrageous to me that it's hard to think people would have the audacity to do something like that. It's one thing to enjoy your own alcohol in your room or veranda but some folks take it to a whole new level.

The Big Red boat does it too. We did a December cruise last year and my Hubby brought his own rum on board. Though I would not go on the Big Red boat again, compared to Disney, it seemed a bit "trashy" or it may have been just our ship, lol.:rotfl2:

Confused....the Big Red Boat has made a comeback???? Premier Cruise Line went bankrupt quite a few years ago:confused3

MJ

That is just tacky and taking advantage of the very generous booze policy DCL has. I am sure it is stuff like this that makes them want to crack down.

MJ

I could not agree more. Everyone needs to realize what a good thing we have with being able to bring alchohol onboard and not take advantage or it will be taken away.

Well this is perfect example of taking advantage of the policy and now DCL is cracking down.!

Pretty poor act!......tacky to say the least

AKK

Carnival has always had the reputation of being a "party boat" which personally, we have not found, and is called the "Fun Ships" but it has never been referred to as the Big Red Boat.

BRB were ships that belonged to Premier Cruise Line (were were red) and originally had Disney characters onboard and tied in a land/sea vacation with WDW. This was all before DCL had their own ships. Disney did not like the agreement with the cruise line anymore so they ended it and then Looney Tunes characters started on the BRB. Eventually the cruise line went bankrupt.

That is why I was confused when poster said they were recently on the Big Read Boat.

MJ

It's a shame DCL has to enforce a rule for people to follow it! I see so many questions asked here about "can I do this even though it is against Disney's rules/policies/guidelines" being answered with "Disney doesn't enforce it."

Thank you for sharing your experience OP. If anyone runs into this in Galveston please let us know. My soft sided rolling cooler always stays in the room. Since the Magic and Wonder cooling boxes do not keep beer cold, we store the drinks in the cooler. Now what if my rolling cooler fits in my carry-on? Are they going to take that up?

Thank you for sharing your experience OP. If anyone runs into this in Galveston please let us know. My soft sided rolling cooler always stays in the room. Since the Magic and Wonder cooling boxes do not keep beer cold, we store the drinks in the cooler. Now what if my rolling cooler fits in my carry-on? Are they going to take that up?

We had no issues keeping beer/wine chilled in our cooling box. We did keep a full ice bucket in it all week and our beer and wine was the perfect temperature.

I was on the same 3 night cruise as the OP and decided before the cruise that I would not take the chance with a rolling cooler. We always bring our own wine/champagne/beer and needed a way to keep it cool so I bought a 48 can, soft sided, collapsible, water proof cooler at Wallmart for $24. It fits in the ottoman, folds flat in a suitcase and works like a champ. I bring in the bottles in a standard suitcase. We took it to our cabana at CC without a problem.

A small rolling suitcase is fine to carry on (please carry it on because if anything breaks/leaks, you can ruin someone else's luggage) and you can put your beverages in there. We put the water bottles and wine in our totes/backpacks to carry on, so it doesn't seem like the actual contents were the issue. DCL also removed a small steamer from my mom's suitcase (which she shouldn't have brought, but didn't know it wasn't allowed) which she was able to pick up at lost and found in the terminal after debarkation. I glanced at the list when she had to sign it and it seemed like the items they had confiscated were steamers, irons, coffee pots, and fishing poles. So those are definitely no-no's (and on the list of things not to bring). A six pack size soft size cooler is fine, just the rolling ones aren't allowed.

Buahahahahaha! Can you imagine someone just casting off the back of the Wonder as it sails along!?!?!?! :lmao:

Handbag Lady said:
Buahahahahaha! Can you imagine someone just casting off the back of the Wonder as it sails along!?!?!?! :lmao:

My husband would be in heaven! I was once off shopping in DTD and he pulled out his portable rod and through it into the lake there!! Seriously!!?? What the heck was he thinking?! Obviously, the security staff were there within seconds, DUH! Hahahahaha, he still talks about it, and realized how foolish he was! The excitement of the size of the fish just got him so excited that he didn't think, ummm, yeah, there's a reason they are so big! Because you are NOT SUPPOSED to fish there!

I ordered a soft sided rolling cooler from Brookstone on Friday. I just cancelled my order. The lady taking my cancellation completely understood as I explained my dilemma.:rotfl2:

At the risk of offending I was told that the coolers have been BANNED due to several people demanding ice and then rolling up to the pool for the day. Call it what you want, safety issue, contamination issue, PROFIT issue, but Disney said enough.

I am all about pinching penny's, etc. but I am always amazed at the lengths people will go to save a few dollars. I would argue that if you do not have 50% of your individual rate to spend on drinks, etc. then a cruise may not be the best choice for you.

Hope I don't offend but I am amazed at the things people do to steal things for souvenirs, coolers by the pool, bogus complaints to attempt to get a credit, etc.

Oh well, to each his own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter