No more pre-ordering Photopass CD

UGH! I was waiting to preorder my CD since they are only good for 60 days and we are leaving in 50 days....I really don't think I am going to pay $150 for the CD, I would have paid the $99, but $150 is a big jump....this is really bumming me out now.

That's a big disappointment. I had planned to preorder for our 2 week December trip. We are staying off-site so I don't know any way to get the invitation.

Sheila

when we went to the halloween party we were given a photo pass card that has a code on it for 40% off when you order. I know it is not a pre buy but it is still a savenings. My parent just got back for Disneyland and were given the same card and they did not attend the halloween party.

when we went to the halloween party we were given a photo pass card that has a code on it for 40% off when you order. I know it is not a pre buy but it is still a savenings. My parent just got back for Disneyland and were given the same card and they did not attend the halloween party.

Bold mine.

The 40% discount you speak of only applies to PRINTS of your photos, not to the CDs of the prints. I have not done MVMCP but I would think the discount would be similar and only apply to prints of your photos.

The 40% off is just on prints. And its basically only given since they stopped giving a free picture at the party. Just as an FYI.

Wow, we had decided to buy the CD. I just registered the card for our Pop portion of the trip. I guess I'll have to wait and see if we get the offer. We are usually DVC, so we may never have this opportunity again.

wow, I'm glad I already pre-ordered my photopass for my Nov 13 trip. I would be really upset if I had to pay the $149. Even the $99 is alot. I really liked it last year when we had a share group through the site. It's a shame a few had to ruin such a great thing. Our group ran very smooth, I was leader and had the cd's out the day after I received it.

wow, I'm glad I already pre-ordered my photopass for my Nov 13 trip. I would be really upset if I had to pay the $149. Even the $99 is alot. I really liked it last year when we had a share group through the site. It's a shame a few had to ruin such a great thing. Our group ran very smooth, I was leader and had the cd's out the day after I received it.

Although this was good for you, it was not good for Disney. You all should have ordered your own CD. It`s too bad that so many shares probably caused Disney to raise the cost of the CD for the rest of us who properly paid for our own CDs.:thumbsup2

Tiger

Although this was good for you, it was not good for Disney. You all should have ordered your own CD. It`s too bad that so many shares probably caused Disney to raise the cost of the CD for the rest of us who properly paid for our own CDs.:thumbsup2

Tiger

I don't agree with this because I think alot of people would NOT have ordered the CD because of the price and never knew then how great the CD was.

I saw how nice it was, therefore I ordered it again myself for the $99. Otherwise I may have never gotten it. And if you figure 4-5 families shared a CD, Disney still received $99 for every 4-5 families then; whereas they may not have sold any to that group.

and what was actually the difference than a whole family gathering going - four or five families in a family sharing, or four or five strangers? Disney has no problem with the first choice, they encourage it.

I don't agree with this because I think alot of people would NOT have ordered the CD because of the price and never knew then how great the CD was.

I saw how nice it was, therefore I ordered it again myself for the $99. Otherwise I may have never gotten it. And if you figure 4-5 families shared a CD, Disney still received $99 for every 4-5 families then; whereas they may not have sold any to that group.

and what was actually the difference than a whole family gathering going - four or five families in a family sharing, or four or five strangers? Disney has no problem with the first choice, they encourage it.

Perhaps you are right, but that is not what it was set up for. It was set up for an individual to purchase a CD - the sharing came along because people figure out loopholes in order to save money. Everyone who did a share knew that this was not Disney`s intention, but people did it anyway to save money. So, I firmly believe that all of those share people cost the rest of us money.

Tiger

oh no. :O( Is it guaranteed that we will receive them in our packages? I was going to order mine a few days ago and held off for Monday to allow for the next billing on my credit card rather than have it show up on my statement next week. :O(

I received a pre-order code in an email before our trip last/this month. I had already pre-ordered when the Visa code came out in June, though. My code still worked (i.e., did not expire in 60 days). We had a room only reservation.

Man, I just did a search for the Photopass CD b/c I am ready to pre-order and found this thread. Just my luck! I had seen a link in a recent Mousesavers email for the $99 deal pre-order bu you have to be staying on-site which I am not. Well, guess I won't be doing the CD. $150 is too rich for my blood!

I had seen a link in a recent Mousesavers email for the $99 deal pre-order bu you have to be staying on-site which I am not.

Was it available to everyone staying onsite? Also, do you remember when you saw this? I have scanned through the last few emails I've received from them and don't see anything about it. THANKS!

I'm totally bummed too. We don't have a trip planned yet, but I always like to get one. It's the only pictures I am in. My DH couldn't take a picture to save his life, and DD is only 4 , so out heads our cut off, or some other body part. LOL! A $50 jump in price really makes me think. I tned ot take better pics than the Photopass people on average, but I like the extras they put in and I like being in them. I guess I'll have to wait and see how this new system plays out and if they are getting a discount with this card they are getting. Also if you can add others to it. We often like to get more than one card. Sometimes when we seperate or sometimes just because if we lost it, we have another card.

Every single picture we had on our photo pass card last trip (150ish) we also had on our normal camera. All the photographers offered to take one with our camera as well.

Plus a lot of the CMs at the character greetings took our camera to take pictures with and actually took more than the photopass photographer did :lmao:

Hopefully we get the code for our next trip. I'll probably still buy the cd anyways though. That just means we'll spend $50 less on the trip.

I called the Photo Pass support today and they told me that the marketing department will randomly send out discounts while you are on vacation and when you return from home. So there is no way to guarantee that you can get the CD for less than $150.

This is just another example of Disney giving you a nice discount to get you into the parks and then overcharging you for everything else to get that money back.

We spent the $99 for the CD for the last 2 times. This time we will just use our personal camera.

Scott

As I already mentioned (or maybe it was the other Photospass thread?), there is a discount right now on the Photospass Special Offers page for a discount on the CD - I think it's for $15.00?

People should check the Photopass page periodically, and you'll get a good sense for what offers are available.

HTH, Tiger :)

As I already mentioned (or maybe it was the other Photospass thread?), there is a discount right now on the Photospass Special Offers page for a discount on the CD - I think it's for $15.00?

People should check the Photopass page periodically, and you'll get a good sense for what offers are available.

HTH, Tiger :)

That offer is already gone. The only thing I see is the free 7 day extension, 20% off photo cards, and free shipping on photo ornaments and calendars. Hopefully that offer will reappear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter