No more music on safari ride?

Yes, I miss that part of the story line at the end of the ride. It was a little cheesy, but it was fun. I also miss the wooden bridge swaying and "creeking".

The bridge still creaks and moves if the driver has time and goes slow enough

I didn't take notice to any music when we went in Feb. I also didn't notice a storyline about Jane. The story was more about conservation efforts and what Disney does to help. Not sure if the story changes frequently but that's was our story.

I am so sad that the music has been removed. I didnt hear it in Dec, March or last month. It always played when we were near the elephants, made me cry lol. :(

I know I'm in the minority, but i won't be sad if there's no music playing. Kiddo is hard of hearing, and its tough for her to understand the narrator anyway, but background music makes it more difficult. She'll never be able to hear the "backside of water" jokes on jungle cruise, for example, because of the noise of the waterfall.

I hope the music isn't gone for good. I enjoyed it when the driver would stop talking for a bit and turn up the music; it was a chance to just kind of enjoy the moment and appreciate where you were and what you were seeing. The song was perfect for the attraction.

Background music as you move from land to land, area to area is such an important part of the total experience of WDW (and Universal for that matter). Removing the music removes a part of the experience and anticipation as well as ambiance at any attraction. Hopefully this is temporary. You don't think they are making a Safari live action movie to tie IP to it and change the music do you?

I know I'm in the minority, but i won't be sad if there's no music playing. Kiddo is hard of hearing, and its tough for her to understand the narrator anyway, but background music makes it more difficult.
The drivers did not talk over the music.
It was not "background music."
It played in the clear, after an intro line like, "Let's see if I can find some music on the radio..."

I was there last September and the music was gone. So bummed. I LOVED that song and it was paired perfectly with the elephant watering hole in the background. To me it was part of the experience (as was Little Red's storyline), and now it feels incomplete.

Background music as you move from land to land, area to area is such an important part of the total experience of WDW (and Universal for that matter). Removing the music removes a part of the experience and anticipation as well as ambiance at any attraction. Hopefully this is temporary.

When I was at AK last month I noticed the AK music was more "pop"-like - danceable, upbeat stuff. I was standing in the queue and I was like "What is this? This does not "feel" like Animal Kingdom??" I heard it throughout the park as well. I loved the instrumental music that used to play throughout the park/entrance plaza. On a previous trip I bought the CD with the Tree of Life music and I love it. I'm sure the instrumental stuff still plays elsewhere, like around the Tree maybe?, but this newer music was very noticeable and in my opinion I did not care for it at all.
I miss the Safari music as well.

When I was at AK last month I noticed the AK music was more "pop"-like - danceable, upbeat stuff. I was standing in the queue and I was like "What is this? This does not "feel" like Animal Kingdom??" I heard it throughout the park as well. I loved the instrumental music that used to play throughout the park/entrance plaza. On a previous trip I bought the CD with the Tree of Life music and I love it. I'm sure the instrumental stuff still plays elsewhere, like around the Tree maybe?, but this newer music was very noticeable and in my opinion I did not care for it at all.
I miss the Safari music as well.
AK music is some of my favorite music at Disneyworld. I didn't notice the park music changed but will definitely pay attention on our next visit.

The Music was played in December - I think it's just up to the driver just like the creaking Bridge.

The bridge still creaks and moves if the driver has time and goes slow enough

Huh...I thought it was gone. We haven't experienced it in who knows how long, so I presumed they got of it. Hopefully this trip, we'll get a driver to go slow enough. I didn't know the driver controls it, I thought it was all sensor controlled.

I'll be sad if the music is gone for good. Even though it makes me sad too, I can kind of get why they did away with the poacher story line, but I don't know why they'd take the music away.

I've never, ever noticed music on that ride.
Me either! And I'm a pretty big music person, so I'm surprised I don't recall it. But...I've only done it once two years ago and back closer to when the park opened. I will pay attention here in 2 weeks.

If you want to hear it you can Google "hapa duniani" - the first link is from youtube and you can hear the song!

They didn't play it in March when I went. But with all this talk about it I've been listening to it on Youtube in the morning with my morning coffee. It is a great way to start the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter