No more Mickey Bars

We just got off of the Magic this morning. On the first night of the cruise, when my son ordered a Mickey Bar, he received the Mickey ice cream sandwich. The server told us the story of how there is a problem with Nestle's manufacturing. My son didn't like the ice cream sandwich, so he just ordered regular ice cream for the remainder of the week, but guess what we saw last night as we were leaving the dining room???? Yep, a little girl eating a real live Mickey bar!!!!(well,not live, but you know what I mean). I would guess that if they had them the last night, they must have also had them the first night (unless they picked some up in one of the ports). Anyway, we definitely didn't starve - I am afraid to even go near the scales after all of the amazing dining!!!

I may be a crazy planner but I am most certainly not a crazy complainer. I go with the flow (especially on vacation). Do I make promises...nope, exciting possibilities...you bet! But I still like to keep on planning and making plan 1, plan 2 and backup plan if 1 & 2 don't work.

Completely appreciate that, and it's just high expectation's can sometimes be shattered by unavoidable mishap's or the like that no one can anticipate!
I like the Plan B or Plan C approach for your Grandkid's!

Ex Techie :)

This thread WILL stay open until there is confirmation that all the ships have the Mickey bars back on them. It's easier to keep one thread about the Mickey bars than to have many threads being started on the same subject.

Thanks for posting that I will lay off about getting this thread closed.

If anyone is bothered by this thread there is no need to read it or respond. This is no way directed at anyone personally either.

Also no hard feelings to anyone, I'm interested in what's going on in this thread too that's why I'm staying subscribed. I just don't care for Mickey bars, that's all and maybe I don't understand why people like them, but I'm trying to figure it out. Maybe I'll try one when ever my next trip is on either DCL, or at one of the resorts.

We just got off of the Magic this morning. On the first night of the cruise, when my son ordered a Mickey Bar, he received the Mickey ice cream sandwich. The server told us the story of how there is a problem with Nestle's manufacturing. My son didn't like the ice cream sandwich, so he just ordered regular ice cream for the remainder of the week, but guess what we saw last night as we were leaving the dining room???? Yep, a little girl eating a real live Mickey bar!!!!(well,not live, but you know what I mean). I would guess that if they had them the last night, they must have also had them the first night (unless they picked some up in one of the ports). Anyway, we definitely didn't starve - I am afraid to even go near the scales after all of the amazing dining!!!

If you were on the magic it could be possible they were able to pick them up on Castaway Cay after the Dream had been there. Disney uses the ships to exchange thing with each other all the time at Castaway Cay. An example would be when the Wonder left a shipment of Mickey bars for the Magic before it arrived at Castaway Cay on it return from the med in 2007, and also when the Wonder brought over some pins that were misplaced in a where house fro the eastbound Panama Canal cruise in 2008.

If you were on the magic it could be possible they were able to pick them up on Castaway Cay after the Dream had been there. Disney uses the ships to exchange thing with each other all the time at Castaway Cay. An example would be when the Wonder left a shipment of Mickey bars for the Magic before it arrived at Castaway Cay on it return from the med in 2007, and also when the Wonder brought over some pins that were misplaced in a where house fro the eastbound Panama Canal cruise in 2008.

So how did the Wonder pick up Mickey Bars mid cruise in Puerto Vallarta? :confused:

i-52QHQ7h.jpg

:rotfl:

It sure did seem like we somehow picked them up in Puerto Vallarta, unless they were just trying to use up ice cream sandwiches early on. The first night we chatted with our server about the shortage, and suddenly on Wednesday when my sons ordered their nightly Mickey ice cream, it was the bars. They actually really liked the ice cream sandwiches, too.

Elliott enjoying his Mickey ice cream sandwich on night one:
6828225702_c8f70d9b31.jpg

And suddenly switched to Mickey bars in Puerto Vallarta:
6974348691_4035a379d6.jpg

The kids ate them every night from that point on, and were very happy when they showed up. They'd been looking forward to them!

What do you mean by that? I said that the Dream passably dropped them off I said the Wonder did the same thing in 2007.

I understand what you were talking about but I was referring to the PP's post when they reported that the Mickey Bars suddenly reappeared on the Wonder 1/2 way through the cruise.

It is interesting that they reappeared on Wednesday, the first day at port after two days at sea.

Does anyone know where the Mickey Bar's are produced?
People have said that the ones in the parks are different from the ones on the ship (maybe due to subjection) or are they produced in different facilities?

Ex Techie :)

So in general, when there's not a shortage, do they have both the Mickey bars and the ice cream sandwiches? DW is threatening grumpies if they don't have both.
;)

Thanks to all for the continued updates. I subscribed to this thread for the same reason I joined the DIS in the first place...to stay informed.

I had sailed with DCL twice before starting back in 2000. After finding the forums here I was shocked I didn't know. This community is the internet's equivalent to DCL Headline News. :thumbsup2

tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic....
(for those old enough to remember the sound of a news ticker in the background)

It's still just Ice cream on a stick just because it's shaped like mickey doesn't change that for everyone

....and your point?

They do that with lots of other things to not just mickey bars, like popcorn buckets.

Really, I haven't seen any popcorn buckets on t-shirts, mickey ear hats, pins, vinylmations or even luggage as someone pointed out earlier?

Very true but not everyone cares as much as every family does

and if so, why click on this thread. There are lots of threads on here that I don't care to read so I choose not to open them.

Threads like this is the reason that a lot of people dislike or make fun of the Dis,
Explain why I should care if someone dislikes or makes fun of the DIS? This thread will not change anyone's mind. Have you seen the list of other threads on this board and others? There are thousands of pages on fish extenders and cruise magnets alone. With that in mind, can you tell me how a Mickey Head Ice Cream Bar thread itself will change anyone's mind about the DIS? Evidently, you haven't seen the Theme Park Community board. It's all fun.

I still don't get why something as simple as an ice cream bar temporally being taken off due to a shortage from the company is the end of the world to some people. It's not like the ship ran a ground or three son or daughter had to be taken off the ship by helicopter or by a coast guard boat. There are far worse things then no Mickey Bars on a ship.

Tending to exaggerate to make a point..... ;) Hmmmm. Don't you think that's what's being done in this thread? Can you say hyperbole? Do you really believe someone thinks it's the end of the world?

I'm just trying to point out how silly this 14 page thread is. Think about it.

Actually 17 pages now and it's being partly kept alive by those those who want to point out how silly we're being? Kinda ironic huh?

My issue is that for some reason for some people this seams to be the end of the world and their cruise will be ruined if they can't eat them. I'm not trying to say people can't live with out them or anything, but your comparison to Goullum does make seance for the people who said that they have 5 of them per day

Hyperbole again.

That is not what I'm saying I just don't get what is sop special that with them that people will talk about moving or canceling a cruise because they can't get them. To each there own if someone wants to eat one go for it, I don't care but if you need to cancel a cruise because you can't get one or it ruined your vacation because you couldn't get one, you need to rethink your priorities in life.

Where did anyone say they would cancel a cruise and be serious about it? The only time I saw it, the poster confirmed it was a joke for the humor impaired (see post #130).

Again I came to this thread to point out how silly people are being over this.

Do you do this on all threads you deem silly or just this one? I have seen some doozies out there. I usually just choose to ignore them.

Again if no mickey bars is a deal breaker for someone they need to rethink there life.

Rethink life? I think they do a great job of staying young at heart! Isn't it great to be able to complain about the Mickey Head ice cream bar shortage of 2012 and keep your sense of humor about it? I come on here to "escape" the stress of my everyday life and really am not looking for serious discussion. I do enjoy the share of information and discovering various tips and tricks. The DIS is great for that. But I also like being able to discuss my favorite attractions at the parks, what I enjoy about Disney cruises, discussing Disneyana collectibles and even my penchant for Mickey Head shaped food items. Yes, I know it's silly so thank's for stating the obvious. :thumbsup2

Sorry to ramble. Honestly, there is no "logical" argument here. This is an emotional issue IMO. Some of my co-workers don't understand why I wear a Mickey watch and have Mickey cuff-links that I wear occassionally. Just like I don't understand why someone would spend $xx on this or that. It's a personal preference. I will rarely eat an ice cream bar or rice krispy treat, but shape it like Mickey and it somehow tastes better. I think it's because I'm on Holiday and everything is better then. Will it ruin my vacation. No. But yes, I'll be disappointed for just a moment as I decide what other wonderful thing there is to eat.

JMHO

So in general, when there's not a shortage, do they have both the Mickey bars and the ice cream sandwiches? DW is threatening grumpies if they don't have both.
;)

I haven't seen ice cream sandwiches in the past, but I haven't been on a cruise in nearly two years. Every once in a while, we saw those itzakadoozie frozen treats being handed out, especially at the pools on Sea Days.

And welcome to 18 pages of silliness! pirate:

But seriously, any confirmations from the East Coast on the return of one of many Diser's favorite treats? :mickeybar:mickeybar

I hope they bring them back. They are my family's favourite Disney treat too...was looking forward to them on our cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter