• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more lugging on water

:thumbsup2

What I've always recommended to anyone thinking of schlepping those cases of water, bring sport bottles.

One with built in filtration, if you're worried about the ship water quality, all the better. :)

Instead of lugging on cases of water or spending 35$ (which is what i usually do!) on a case onboard, I am going to take one of these for each of us. I use one at home and love it.
http://www.waterbobble.com/#/Bobble-Water-FrontPage:goodvibes

No need to throw money away on one of these. . The water on the ship is the purist, most filtered you can get, no need to filter. We normally just carry on one bottle of spring water per person and refill it.

No need to throw money away on one of these. . The water on the ship is the purist, most filtered you can get, no need to filter. We normally just carry on one bottle of spring water per person and refill it.

That is true but people still carry on or buy bottled water. I spend a lot of time traveling and in hotels so for 10$ if I can just stick the bottle under the faucet and know that it is filtered it is more than worth it. Have you ever seen what comes out of the faucet in Miami? EEEKK.

great tip and obviously not a waste of money since so many bring their own water. So I am guessing on-board water isn't as pure and filtered as some would have you believe . Definitely going to buy one.

We love our Bobbles! I bought the 6 pack with six different colors for our family and then ended up buying the large one for myself. My oldest daughter (and water snob) says it even makes water fountain water at school taste good. For a girl who likes only Fiji or Eternal water this is saying something.

great tip and obviously not a waste of money since so many bring their own water. So I am guessing on-board water isn't as pure and filtered as some would have you believe .

Not so! It's just that so many people are "trained" to grab a bottle of water rather than getting it from the tap that they can't readjust to the concept of getting high quality water from the tap. It's completely a behavioral problem, not an indicator that the water isn't pure.

Not so! It's just that so many people are "trained" to grab a bottle of water rather than getting it from the tap that they can't readjust to the concept of getting high quality water from the tap. It's completely a behavioral problem, not an indicator that the water isn't pure.

Good point!

So I am guessing on-board water isn't as pure and filtered as some would have you believe .

It's probably the purist water you will ever drink. There in lies the problem.
Some people just aren't used to the taste of pure water.

I agree with this totally..............

I don't believe that a sports bottle with a built in filter for $10 is any comparison to the multi-million dollar desalination plants that are on cruise ships. IMHO

Even if you don't think you need it for use on the cruise, these could be great for everyday use or traveling. Water quality in my area is not top notch- we usually drink water filtered through the fridge. It would be nice to have another option, and how do you know what is coming out of the tap at the hotel? Also, water from different areas has different tastes, and perhaps that could equalize that. I always forget how much sulfur there is in the water in Orlando. The second I turn the tap on at a hotel I can smell it. I might get one of these. Thanks for posting!

Just ordered these on amazon....not for the cruise, because DCL is the best water I have had, but for the icky tasting water at WDW. We keep a brita in our owners locker, but this will certainly help us out at the parks. Hope it works as good as reported!

...the icky tasting water at WDW.

Welcome to Florida! I've drank water all over the US but the tap water in Florida has a taste to it that takes some getting used to (and some Floridians have told me they've never gotten used to it).

As for water on the ship - tasted pretty good to me. What comes out of the tap is the same that comes out at the drink station or that is served at meals. It all comes from the same desalination plant onboard.

For shore excursions, I just reused a bottle I'd brought at the airport prior to my flight to Florida.

Brita also makes an individual-size drink bottle with a built-in filter. We got one several years ago specifically for use at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter