NO MORE free valet parking for DVC members.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes DVC to inform members of this valet policy change..either via email or a mailing.
That will be interesting. They have had a pattern of implementing stealth member-perk removals for a while! Some of the perks are no big deal, but this is an important one to members who stay at the hotel-connected resorts.

Wow, this is news...thanks for the warning. At least we were warned by the disboard members, even though it would've been nice to get a warning from DVC first...heck, they have our email addresses--what's up with that?

I'll be curious to hear if we lose this perk with the TiW card too! Guess we'll be self parking at the GF next week.

Don't know about anyone else, but I would much rather keep the valet perk than be able to "Follow Deevy's comedic vacation adventures"......

I am not surprised. when the DCV opened at Disneyland just a few weeks ago there was no "free" valet. A few of us complained, but most posters on the GCV thread thought it was no big deal.

What's that old saying--first they came for _____ and I said nothing . . .. .

ending with finally "and then they came for me and there was no one left to say anything."

I have only been a member since 2008 and am seriously depressed by the perks that seem to be disappearing. I predict the Florida discount on APs will be next.

We don't like this change at all. We don't always use valet, but we are car-driving park hoppers, so we never use the bus system. We self-park most of the time, but the valet was a great benefit to being a DVC member.

The valet service is great when we first arrive, and we also like to use it in situations where we get back to the hotel (usually AKV) with a tired toddler.

Like the previous poster, I wonder how long free valet will remain a benefit for TIW members.

/grumble

What's that old saying--first they came for _____ and I said nothing . . .. .
You aren't seriously comparing the removal of the valet perk to the holocaust, are you?

This has to be one of the fastest instances of Godwin's Law I've ever seen.

(For those who don't know the original, there is some good background here:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Martin_Niemöller)

The change does stink, no question about it, but I don't think it's quite as bad as that. ;)

I'll be curious to hear if we lose this perk with the TiW card too! Guess we'll be self parking at the GF next week.

I'm buying a TIW card on Wednesday. Even though I won't have a car, I'll ask about free valet parking.

I just got off the phone with MS. I called to add a name to a reservation. At the end of the call, he told me (as a heads up) that we will no longer be receiving the valet parking perk. We have to pay the full price from now on.

If true, this is bad news. :sad2:

It was a nice perk while it was available. Sounds like it's gone soon. As the wizened members of our DIS community always tell the "newbies": Don't fall in love with any of the perks, because they can be gone at a moment's notice.

I guess the wizened members of our DIS community are absolutely correct!

I have a reservation beginning Oct 12. So foar no email or phone call regarding this news! I wonder if they will simply tell me when I arrive?:rolleyes1

I predict the Florida discount on APs will be next.
:scared1::scared1::scared1: GO WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP!!!

The Florida-resident rates and discounts have been around for a very long time and will probably continue -- as will AP rates and benefits, I suspect. Both groups are ones which respond very positively to those discounts...as DVCers have to the DVC AP discount.

As attractive as Disney's Florida-resident discounts are, they pale in comparison with other competitors, so I don't see them completely abandoning the 4th largest state in the country and their biggest market.

Specific information like "beginning October 11th" makes a big difference in the believability of these reports. ;)

This stinks - that has been a terrific perk and I'm sad to see it go! That said, I didn't buy in for the perks, and I just posted last night on the Transportation board that I've always considered WDW valet parking to be an incredible deal. I paid it before -- I'll pay it going forward.

The thing that annoys me is when discounts or perks quickly go away with pretty much no notice whatsoever.

:scared1::scared1::scared1: GO WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP!!!

The Florida-resident rates and discounts have been around for a very long time and will probably continue -- as will AP rates and benefits, I suspect. Both groups are ones which respond very positively to those discounts...as DVCers have to the DVC AP discount.

As attractive as Disney's Florida-resident discounts are, they pale in comparison with other competitors, so I don't see them completely abandoning the 4th largest state in the country and their biggest market.

Let me clarify--I meant the DVC Florida discount of $100 off an AP. As opposed to the DVC California discount of $20 which is a pittance compared to Florida. Whether Florida "resident" discounts will be affected--who knows?

And Brian Noble--please don't think that I am so crass as to compare losing valet parking to the Holocaust. My point was that people weren't so upset about not having the perk in California but now that it's affecting Florida . . . . it's typical that people don't miss something until it's gone and/or it directly affects them.

Let me clarify--I meant the DVC Florida discount of $100 off an AP. As opposed to the DVC California discount of $20 which is a pittance compared to Florida. Whether Florida "resident" discounts will be affected--who knows?
There is no such thing as a DVC Florida discount. There is a $100 DVC discount on WDW Annual Passes, if that's what you're talking about, but that saves Floridians a grand total of about $5.

The real deal for Flordians -- if it meets their needs -- is the Florida-resident Seasonal AP, which saves us an additional $100 beyond the DVC price. But that pass comes with significant blackout periods which don't work for many people. Works for us and we love it!

Our first trip home is in July 2010. While it would have been nice to have the free valet parking, it's not the hardest thing for me to see them take away. We bought a DVC membership so we can afford to stay in a large accommodation every other year at WDW, on a nice long 10-night trip.

How does that song go....."No, no, they can't take that away from me." ;)

Actually, the money spent by DVC members on valet parking will go to Jim Lewis' new organization - the ARDA-ROC PAC - since he didn't get a very good response from the DVC members in his mailout in the last Disney Files. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter