• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No More Disney Dollars?????

wdwprncess77

Mouseketeer
I have a question. I went to World of Disney on 5th Avenue in New York the other day. I was very proud of myself for saving money for my easter trip. It was hard to put aside all the great new spring shoe and clothing purchases, but hey i had to have tons of money for my visit with Mickey.

Anyway, I to to WOD and they tell me that Disney no longer makes disney dollars. Is this true??? This was the key to my saving money and now the shoe sales are starting and I don't think can control myself anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get Disney Dollars? Can you get them at the park? My mom will be there next week, so if she can get them, then I'll give her my money. Thanks for helping me out!

Hi,

I just bought some last week at a disney store here in Mass. so I don't know why they would tell you that? But any way here is a number you can call to purchase them. I am sure that they could tell you if it is true or not. If it is let me know!! :)

"Disney Dollars can be purchased at any Disney Store or Disney theme park, or through Walt Disney World Mail Order at (407) 363-6200"

GOOD LUCK :thumbsup2

I was in our Disney Store today for my weekly visit & Disney Dollars purchase. When I was there last week they didn't have any $5's, and today they had them. :confused3 I haven't heard that they aren't going to have them anymore, and obviously my store is being replenished from one week to the next. I hope they keep them - I love getting them every week!

They just released new ones not sure of where they were listed but new none the least.

I bought Disney Dollars today, in fact at my Disney Store and she didn't say anything to me then about them being discontinued. Very strange.

Disney Dollars have not been discontinued, although some Disney stores still seem to have trouble getting them.

I have purchased them recently in the Dis Store in the Staten Island NY mall......not sure what is up w/the NYC store.

I purchased some today at Guest Services in DTD. They said nothing about discontinuing them.

As far as TDS employees go we haven't heard anything about this. They do tend to roll out the new designs around this time annually and sometimes that holds up shipments of the bills to stores because they are allocated to the theme parks first. A CM was probably told that they were out and assumed it was because they weren't being made.

I wouldn't worry!

very strange -- maybe they do not know what they were talking about??

With Spring Break trips coming up --- the demand is very high -- with your mom going soon I would let her get them on her trip for you --

good luck :goodvibes

kimr210 said:
Hi,
"Disney Dollars can be purchased at any Disney Store or Disney theme park, or through Walt Disney World Mail Order at (407) 363-6200"

Maybe WOD doesn't carry them anymore. WOD is different than Disney Store. Just a thought- :confused3

Where in Mass is there a Disney Store? There use to be one at the Burlington Mall but its gone now and I haven't been able to find one since :confused3

It seems like sometimes different CMs in different stores have very different "facts" - I wish they would just say "I'm not sure" instead of saying that something was discontinued.

"They do tend to roll out the new designs around this time annually"
from Linzybrooke

Hey, does anyone know what the new designs look like? Any Stictch?
DD loves him.

Thanks, YO

We plan to go t NYC in July and want to check out the WOD store. Can someone please tell me what this store is like? I think we are staying in Times Square area. Is it the same store as the one at Downtown Disney? What does it have and what are the prices like? Do they sell Disney scrapbooking supplies?

binkyj826 said:
Where in Mass is there a Disney Store? There use to be one at the Burlington Mall but its gone now and I haven't been able to find one since :confused3

There is a Disney Store at the Galleria Mall in Taunton Mass and one at the south shore plaza in braintree mass. I live on the cape so both are with in 20-25 mins of me.

Hope that helps you!! :thumbsup2

Kim

My step-daughter lives on the cape so I am down there every weekend to pick her up. Can just swing on by on my way home :thumbsup2

Torontogal said:
We plan to go t NYC in July and want to check out the WOD store. Can someone please tell me what this store is like? I think we are staying in Times Square area. Is it the same store as the one at Downtown Disney? What does it have and what are the prices like? Do they sell Disney scrapbooking supplies?

It's very similar to the one at Downtown Disney - but not as large.

They actually have a sort of "rope drop" when they open the store. The Cast Members greet you with friendly applause. The front portion of the first floor is dedicated to NYC merchandise and pin trading stuff. The back area is plush, I think. The second floor has things like housewares and some clothing. The top floor has collectibles mainly.

I haven't been there since November, so I'm probably remembering wrong. Depending on where you're staying, you'll probably be about 3-5 blocks west of the store, and maybe 3-5 blocks south as well. It's on 5th Avenue, but I don't remember the cross street.

And World of Disney is owned by Disney, unlike the Disney Stores - so I would have to imagine that that cast member just had his facts a bit messed up. :)

binkyj826 said:

It's still in the Burlington Mall---just moved to a different location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter