No more customized maps?

Kristi113

Mouseketeer
What a bummer. I had no idea Disney had done away with these. We had them just last fall, so it must be a recent change. I just went online to try and make some for our Sept. trip because
1) they were a terrific keepsake
2)There are several new restaurants we are trying this year and I wanted those maps for navigating.

I realize that we can print generic maps off the website, but it is just no the same..........so sad that they are doing away with these types of things that make Disney so special.

Oh.. I didn't realize that either. We haven't been for years. I was so looking forward to them :sad2:

We were just there last year and got them, but I don't check on a regular basis so I just found out because we are going back.

Oh wow, I forgot all about that until I saw this post! We went in December 2013 and got them. I guess this is a more recent thing.

They are on MDE and they're formatted so that you can print them out. It's just not quite the same as getting that magical envelope in your mailbox though...

Another bit of Disney magic gone by the wayside...they were a lovely keepsake for our grandkids' trip to WDW. I also just discovered they were only available to print on your home computer...it is just not the same.

Another bit of Disney magic gone by the wayside...they were a lovely keepsake for our grandkids' trip to WDW. I also just discovered they were only available to print on your home computer...it is just not the same.

The problem is people went overboard, as usual. They were intended for ONE per reservation. Instead, everyone in the reservation wanted one. And then, people wanted one to actually use and one to save as a souvenir. So when every one trip becomes 10-20 maps, it's not worth it.

They could have found a way to limit it to one set per reservation if that was really the problem

They could have found a way to limit it to one set per reservation if that was really the problem

I was disappointed, we always saved ours as a keepsake. I asked our agent we use from Pixie and from SmallWorldVacations about why they were gone and that was their response :\

I thought they had something in place that limited how many you were able to get. I vaguely remember ordering the maps and being told I would be able to order any more maps for 6 months or something. Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought I remembered that.

I thought they had something in place that limited how many you were able to get. I vaguely remember ordering the maps and being told I would be able to order any more maps for 6 months or something. Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought I remembered that.

They couldn't prove they were delivered. All you had to say was you never got them or they never arrived. "Happiest place on Earth" wasn't allowed to say, "You're lying, we're not sending more." They offer downloadable PDF formats of the regular park maps, but no more customized ones :(

Ultimately it comes down to Disney cutting costs wherever they can, but what they told me was a motivating factor would obviously make sense.

Last edited:
They couldn't prove they were delivered. All you had to say was you never got them or they never arrived. "Happiest place on Earth" wasn't allowed to say, "You're lying, we're not sending more." They offer downloadable PDF formats of the regular park maps, but no more customized ones :(

Ultimately it comes down to Disney cutting costs wherever they can, but what they told me was a motivating factor would obviously make sense.

Oh. I guess I never thought to do that.

I absolutely agree! Once again the majority are punished for the actions of a few. As the parent and MIL of 3 IT people (developers, QA, and IT) it is not that difficult to place a restriction for only 1 map per reservation which would equate to 1 per room.

DD would order 1 map and the night before they were leaving would surprise the girls with a phone call from "Cinderella" (a friend masquerading) and pull out the map...the giggles of delight were wonderful to hear. The quality of the map was such that DD would frame it and use it as a background for DGDs personalized gift cards (once empty), MNSSHP cards, pictures, etc. It hangs it their hallway. It is unfortunate we will not have one of that quality for the girls this time so they can remember this trip with their cousins each time they pass it.

Last edited:
The MDE map really does a good job of getting you to reservations. I liked these too but they really were kind of unnecessary for the masses with smartphones. You can always doctor one up yourself and print at home.

The MDE map really does a good job of getting you to reservations. I liked these too but they really were kind of unnecessary for the masses with smartphones. You can always doctor one up yourself and print at home.
I could do that for sure. But, you're missing the point. It is part of what made Disney special. My kids got excited when those would come in the mail. Those little extra touches were "magical"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter