• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more cheese sauce at quick service locations.

For me, the best counter service in MK is Be Our Guest. The others are just okay...unless you want a plastic cheese fix. ;)
Except you can't eat at BOG without a reservation and you can't get a reservation without (a) booking 6 months ahead or (b) stalking the MDX app.

This has always been a highlight for me at MK QSR locations, I have always enjoyed dipping my fries in the hot cheese, this is extremely disappointing news :(

Except you can't eat at BOG without a reservation and you can't get a reservation without (a) booking 6 months ahead or (b) stalking the MDX app.

Not necessarily. I've gotten a table for four the night before. I have also gotten a table for two five times a few weeks out. It's do-able.

Not necessarily. I've gotten a table for four the night before. I have also gotten a table for two five times a few weeks out. It's do-able.
Well, not all of us have your beguiling charm:flower1:

If you definition of "cheese" is orange colored plastic then I can see how you'd be disappointed. :laughing:

Fortunately for me I can't see the point in the stuff.

I don't think it would have been due to people suing because the sauce was too hot, but maybe its just Disney cutting back and saving money? It wouldn't surprise me.

Nikki, some of us don't want to have to decide weeks in advance when and where we want to eat. I certainly don't. We decide on the spot. If we happen to be near Tomorrowland at lunch time, we do Cosmic Ray's. If we happen to be in Frontierland, we do Peco Bill's. So BOG might have a great lunch (we wouldn't know) but it's really in a different category than other CS locations that do traditional walk up dining.

You didn't get your ADR by staking the MDX app? You didn't check and/or call multiple times? I know it's doable, but since you can no longer even walk up for a lunch it's a much different animal than the restaurants that are available for a spontaneous meal. We struck out getting in for lunch on our last trip even through I stalked MDX and the podium.

Nikki, some of us don't want to have to decide weeks in advance when and where we want to eat. I certainly don't. We decide on the spot. If we happen to be near Tomorrowland at lunch time, we do Cosmic Ray's. If we happen to be in Frontierland, we do Peco Bill's. So BOG might have a great lunch (we wouldn't know) but it's really in a different category than other CS locations that do traditional walk up dining.
*this*

You didn't get your ADR by staking the MDX app? You didn't check and/or call multiple times? I know it's doable, but since you can no longer even walk up for a lunch it's a much different animal than the restaurants that are available for a spontaneous meal. We struck out getting in for lunch on our last trip even through I stalked MDX and the podium.

*this*

Nope, no stalking. I usually check the night before or morning of. A couple of times it was a few weeks beforehand. Granted, the tables I got were mostly for two and one time for four, but I think there's this mantra out that that it's impossible to get. It's not always that tricky. :)

Yup, I get that. I just think in terms of food quality BOG is the best CS offering.

Yup, I get that. I just think in terms of food quality BOG is the best CS offering.
That may be. Unless the popularity dies down, I may never know. If we can't walk up and eat whenever we want to, we won't be having lunch there.

Somebody has to pay for that parking garage, blue-man group animal world, and Star Wars cantina twirl. Gotta cut that budget and anything with "free unlimited" no matter how plastic... is probably up on the block... Look out ketchup and spoons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter