• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more checking-in beverages as luggage?

As I said, ours was in a rolling carry-on (regular luggage). No one asked us to open it to look at it but it did run through the X-Ray machine when we boarded. I assume they could see it there! I don't want to speak for DCL but it really doesn't seem like they care much.

I called DCL this morning and they said you can bring soda/beer on board in a carry-on bag, but it must be in some sort of bag/luggage.

I'm with Ariel Lover....this seems so confusing for such a simple matter!!!

When Disney said it was okay to bring drinks but they needed to be in a bag or luggage, do you think they meant it was okay to put the drinks in a soft sided cooler? I'm not planning to bring an extra piece of luggage for drinks. It would be so much more convenient if I could put them in my cooler!!!

No, they didn't ask us to open the cooler. We just put on a luggage tag and away it went Ü

We didn't have any problems with using the cooler. Infact, we put it out in the hallway with our luggage at the end of the cruise....since we too had brought too much water with us. They just took it away and didn't say anything.

I don't think I would worry about it. I think as long as it is in some kind of holding bin (container) that won't leak any liquids if some should break open, it should be okay!

No, they didn't ask us to open the cooler. We just put on a luggage tag and away it went Ü

We didn't have any problems with using the cooler. Infact, we put it out in the hallway with our luggage at the end of the cruise....since we too had brought too much water with us. They just took it away and didn't say anything.

I don't think I would worry about it. I think as long as it is in some kind of holding bin (container) that won't leak any liquids if some should break open, it should be okay!

I was at the Epcot Resort area this morning and stopped by the DCL desk just off the Beach Club lobby. A cruise line representative was at the desk.

She indicated, in answer to my question, packs of soda were NOT allowed in your regular luggage but it was ok to bring soda in your carry-on luggage.

Bon Voyage.

With 8 days to go and our packing all laid out we've made a decision in our family on that!

We will be using bubble wrap to secure with tape each bottle of liquor and wine. taking a case of my favorite canned beer and placing several cans per heavy freezer bag. This will all be placed in a roll on soft sided cooler/carry on we purchased months ago just for this purpose. And just in case we encounter any problems with staff peaking in bag I've decided to pack our masks/snorkels & water shoes on top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on the "per beer" prices and estimating a few glasses of wine before second seating each night this should save us about $225 against our bill.

(maybe I should include a "special" package on top of everything in bag...created especially by my 100 lb sheep dog??!! I'm sure it would deter someone from digging deeper if you know what I mean!! ha ha ha )

Seriously though, not looking for any trouble, just keeping positive thoughts and won't let anything ruin this trip we've planned for 2 years!

Thanks for all the tips on this thread everyone!

Barnsquad

We're just back from the 1/26 Magic. We brought on lots of Mountain Dew and snacks. Picked them up at WalMart in Cocoa Beach the night before and packed them in banana boxes (as suggested previously on this site). Securely taped the boxes up with duct tape, attached the luggage tags, and voila! No problems getting them at our cabin the day of the cruise.

We just got back last night and we checked lots of soda and water without any problem. I truly believe it is all dependent on the porter that checks you in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter