• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No More Boatwrights Breakfast

disneyfav4ever

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep
Too bad I never got a chance to eat there and try the sweet potato pancakes.

It really surprises me that there's no more breakfast at Boatwright's since it seemed so popular.

I am really surprised by this also. I have read so many great things about Boatwrights breakfast on this site and others that it was one of the things I was really looking forward to for our upcoming trip in the fall.

I never understood the hoopla over the Tonga Toast at Poly after having the Banana Stuffed french toast at Boatwrights, being that it came smothered in strawberries. Tonga Toast is no replacement. The sweet potato pancakes were the best, too. Wherever we were staying at Disney, we always made it over to Boatwrights for breakfast at least once. It gave us a good excuse to just walk around what my family feels is one of the most beatiful properties at Disney. Hope it reopens someday.

My first and only visit to Boatwrights was yesterday morning for breakfast, and I had no idea until I saw the news today that I was one of the last to try it!

The banana-stuffed french toast was fantastic (although I suspect it was about a gazillion calories)... I was thinking next time I'd try the sweet potato pancakes, oh well.

I'm extremely shocked. I hope it reopens.

My first and only visit to Boatwrights was yesterday morning for breakfast, and I had no idea until I saw the news today that I was one of the last to try it!

The banana-stuffed french toast was fantastic (although I suspect it was about a gazillion calories)... I was thinking next time I'd try the sweet potato pancakes, oh well.

I'm glad you got to at least try the experience!

I can't believe it! We loved the breakfast at Boatwrights. That was part of the reason we choose POR. We really liked that we could have a nice, relaxed table service breakfast breakfast to start our day at the resort.

oh no.... so sad to lose Boatwright's breakfast. Husband loves, LOVES those pancakes and was looking forward to our trip in March to have them again. We loved the relaxed atmosphere there and enjoyed playing Disney trivia games for stickers. :sad2:

Oh now I feel terrible!!! :(

My grandparents love this place and asked me about it two weeks ago. I heard it was closing and thought it was already closed and told them it was. I didn't know it wasn't closing until today!!!!

:( My grandpa loves the French Toast (not the stuffed, just the normal one they have!)

Thats too bad. I really liked Boatwrights and thought it was one of the more underrated Restuarants at WDW.

This is sad. I'm not sure why it would close. It always seemed busy to me.

Of course that's the ADR we picked for our one big breakfast TS credit. :( I'm bummed.

This is the final straw for me. I was undecided about a spring trip to WDW; now I'm sure we are not going. Breakfast at Boatwright's was always a highlight for DW and me.The hassle with ADR's was bugging me and this makes the decision not to go easy.

We miss breakfast at Tony's Town Square also, and you can not get fresh baked cinnamon buns anywhere.

If anyone is interested (and feels as adamantly about it as I do), please write to Disney and express your displeasure in the closing of Boatwrights for breakfast.

Although I wrote to the hotel directly, I received a response from the Executive Offices. I am providing both addresses below:

Ana Brady
Executive Offices
Walt Disney World Resort
P.O. Box 10,000
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830

Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
1251 Riverside Drive
P.O. Box 10,000
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830

Let's hope this was a temporary thing due to the downturn in the economy. I wrote in, just in case it's not. The closing of this restaurant for breakfast was a big disappointment for me...it was always one of the dining highlights of our trip.

I have to say that was one of my deciding factors over making POR my home resort, was the sweet potato pancakes at breakfast.

I make them at home, but it's just not the same.....

I wrote them as well.

You resurrected a very old thread here...did you happen to notice this thread is from February? That closing was more than 8 months ago.

You resurrected a very old thread here...did you happen to notice this thread is from February? That closing was more than 8 months ago.

Yes, I know the closing was over 8 months ago, but writing a letter to Disney was not exactly on the top of my priority list, so it took me a while to get a letter out, and then it took a while to get a response from Disney. I purposely didn't start a new thread because I figured anyone who wasn't aware of the change could read the conversations, and see what had transpired.

Since when did "resurrecting" an old thread become a big deal. It happens all the time.

I for one, was happy to see this thread "resurrected". I just booked POFQ and had no idea Boatwrights had made the change. Now I, and others like me who did not know can plan accordingly - Thanks DVCinderella!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter