No Milk in Dole Whips???

29apr00

Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!
I just saw a post, granted it was a couple of years old, but it said that Dole Whips are totally Dairy Free??!?!?! is that true?? DS has never had a milk shake/float in his entire little life!!! If he can have a dole whip while we are there, it would be PERFECT!!! :lovestruc

Sorry but there is milk in them. Here's the ingred. list. Sugar, Dextrose, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Coconut Oil*, Stabilizers (Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean, Karaya Gum, Pectin), Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking), Corn Syrup Solids, Citric Acid, Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Derivative), Artificial Flavor, Potassium & Sodium Phosphate, Mono & Diglycerides, Artificial Color (Yellow 5 & 6), Soy Lecithin.

My daughter is allergic to dairy as well as multiple other items. I am nervous, last time she was under 3 yrs old and was happy with pasta and broccoli ;)

There are Dole Whip recipes that are dairy free, but maybe not at DW. Maybe you could make some at home for your child. Type in dairy free dole whip and maybe you can find a good recipe. Good Luck.

I think Dole Whips are a great example of why it's important to get the most up to date list of safe foods before every trip. From what I understand, several years ago Disney did carry dairy free Dole Whips. Unfortunately, the ones that they've sold for the past few years do contain dairy. Ingredients can and do change all the time so once again, get updated lists before each and every trip.

Agreed Dole Whips are lactose free, but not dairy free. I would suggest going to The Plaza. Jeremy had his very first ice cream cone ever there. They serve Tofutti ice cream and I'm willing to bet they'd make a milk shake for you. They wouldn't be able to use the shared machine, but I bet they could figure out a way.

Check out my trip report in my sig for a review of my experience there. Chef Constance took great care of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter