• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Mickey toiletries at Poly?

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
I was looking at tikiman's fantastic website and noticed he had pictures of H20 toiletries. Does this mean that there is no longer any Mickey toiletries in the rooms at the Poly? :eek: Please say it isn't so! I was looking forward to replenishing my Mickey bathroom! :confused3

Thanks Val, it was the small bottles of bubble bath I was after so if you have any to spare that would be great, if you can let me know what the postage is I will reimburse you. I will PM you my address if you have any bottles of the bubble bath to spare, thanks it's very kind of you. :banana: I wonder why they decided to do this, after all that's what it's all about - Disney! :confused3

Is this the shampoo and conditioner bottles (we use them as bubble bath) LOL

I have half a dozen bagged ready for you

Val
xx

The photos I saw on another website, showed new products in blue and white packaging with more subtle Mickey designs on them. So they still have Mickey, just not in your face Mickey. I just hope the shampoo works better. I'd love to not have to bring my own, but that old stuff made my hair into straw!

The photos I saw on another website, showed new products in blue and white packaging with more subtle Mickey designs on them. So they still have Mickey, just not in your face Mickey. I just hope the shampoo works better. I'd love to not have to bring my own, but that old stuff made my hair into straw!

We were there last week and shampoo & conditioner is much better. They also have shower gel, a sun relief gel and lotion. I loved it. We are stocked up til next year now.

Val, that's so sweet of you, I will PM you the addy. :thumbsup2

Fla4fun and Jaymie - I don't actually use the stuff, I just love the design and it fits in so well with my Mickey bathroom. ;)

We were there last week and shampoo & conditioner is much better. They also have shower gel, a sun relief gel and lotion. I loved it. We are stocked up til next year now.

When we stayed at the Poly this January we were given all the above toiletries that you mentioned and also body soap and facial soap, but when we moved over to the BWV they didn't give us the sun relief gel. I guess their trying to keep their dues down or something because it is a DVC resort.

Do you get toiletries in the Value resorts too?

:confused3 I need to know what to back because of all these airline restrictions on liquids.

Do they have the mickey toiletries at gf?:sad2: I was so looking forward to that since this is our first stay at a diz resort, we usually stay at our timeshare.:confused:

I liked the H20 stuff. I actually just had Fed-ex man deliver me some today. It's a bit pricey, but it's my dreaming of Disney in the shower treat! Though I do miss the Mickey packaging. The Disney Cruise packaging was great too, but I think that's H20 now also.

We got some H20 bottles as a gift from our Mousekeeper at the Yacht Club before they changed over. (Has all of YC/BC officially changed over?) They are not screaming mickey like the old bottles used too, but they still have a certain Disney flare.

We were just a BC concierge, and they had the H2O toiletries. They are GREAT! The shampoo & conditioner leave my hair light & soft, not weighed-down & sticky like the old Mickey ones used to do. And yes, they do still have Mickey heads on the bottles.

223676715.jpg

Cheers!
Heather W

I just checked one of the soaps and it still has a Mickey head stamped in it with little bubbles around it. It's all still very Disneyesque, just a better quality I thought.

FYI - The H20 stuff at the Grand Floridian is actually green (sea marine/sea salt flavors, not the blue), and the logo isn't a Mickey one, but a GF one (no hidden Mickey) The soap doesn't have the Mickey imprint. :sad1: GF didn't have the previous Mickey logo stuff anyway, but a more themed set of soaps and sundries.

FYI - The H20 stuff at the Grand Floridian is actually green (sea marine/sea salt flavors, not the blue), and the logo isn't a Mickey one, but a GF one (no hidden Mickey) The soap doesn't have the Mickey imprint. :sad1: GF didn't have the previous Mickey logo stuff anyway, but a more themed set of soaps and sundries.

I thought our bars of soap at the GF did have a Mickey imprint...subtle but there. Wasn't the yellow lotion nice too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter