No MDE for Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Eldon_Brasche

Mouseketeer
I just upgraded my phone to the Galaxy Note 4 and MDE is not compatible with it.
Anyone have any idea as to how soon after a new major phone drops that they make MDE compatible? Our next trip is in 3 weeks and I'm anxious.

I got my Note 4 yesterday, and don't have all my apps transferred yet. Just checked google play, and yep it says not compatible.

I wonder why, and what other apps are not compatible.

In the same boat, no answers. A Google search yielded nothing. I'm optimistic that they will have gotten it compatible well in advance of my trip, but I completely get your concern with yours coming up so soon.

It will likely run fine if you sideload it. You could either install it on an android device it is compatible with, back up the app and then install the apk on the new device or your could look for the apk online, download it and then install it Beware of the second option as some of the sites that host these apks can cause issues on your pc with malware, etc.

I just use the mobile version of the website. The website wont let me load the desktop version, even though I check-box request it. It seems better than the MDE app on my old S3.

They just are unwilling to rework their graphics sizes. The LG G3 can't load the app either.

It's just more of, "Most people are happy." Too bad if you can't get in step.

Look on the bright side, your phone won't need recharging midday.

We have a Samsung Tab 2 tablet that we purchased in May 2013. We had hoped to be able to use the MDE app on it for our June 2013 trip but was never compatible. It still isn't compatible with our tablet.

Thanks for the feedback guys. DS side loaded the app and it seems to be working. We also went with the mobile website as well; a suspenders and belt approach.
I've also sent an email to Disney MDE support asking for the status and hope to hear a response soon.

Good to hear you got it sideloaded. To the person with the Tab 2, I sideloaded it on my original Tab and it runs great on there.

I've sideloaded it onto my Galaxy Tab 2, but honestly I took it off and just use the mobile website. It is so much faster than the app.

I was hoping that they'd have it working with my lovely new phone by now. I was really frustrated to find out it's not compatible. UGH. I don't normally back up my apps and I certainly never thought that I wouldn't be able to download the MDE app to my new phone. I guess I'll be using the mobile version of the website for our trip. :(

I feel your pain. I'm waiting on the app for the Nexus 10. I have it at least on my N5.

I just side loaded it to my G3 from the wife's htc m8. It won't work on a phone with a screen greater than 5 in. Disney need s to recode it for bigger.

Below is the response I just received from Disney:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The My Disney Experience mobile app is available from the Google Play store for Android devices running version 4.0 and higher. If you are running Android 4.0 or higher and still unable to download the app from the Google Play store, you would need to contact Google or your cell phone provider for assistance.

XXX XXXX
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

The My Disney Experience mobile app is available from the Google Play store for Android devices running version 4.0 and higher. If you are running Android 4.0 or higher and still unable to download the app from the Google Play store, you would need to contact Google or your cell phone provider for assistance.

XXX XXXX

Erm, that's crap. It's not the cell phone, Google, or the phone company and that's made obvious by the fact that it seems to be the case for everyone with these phones. Thanks for sharing their response (or lack thereof).

XXX XXXX

Typical. Disney lackadaisical IT strikes again. Idiots.

Just use the mobile website. They won't bother getting their act together to recode this for QHD screen resolution until sometime in 2016. That's when Apple might get around to matching high end Android phone resolution.

I too have a Samsung Galaxy note 4.... I emailed the IT division associated with the MDE app and the answer I got was that the app cannot run on large screens items with amoled or a large ratio of pixels. The app worked fine on my note 3, but won't work on the note 4. The difference is the screen. Disney started they are working on an update to include the large screen devices left out previously, but Im not holding my breath.

We have a trip planned for October 2015, so I'm hoping they will have updated it by then.

I too have a Samsung Galaxy note 4.... I emailed the IT division associated with the MDE app and the answer I got was that the app cannot run on large screens items with amoled or a large ratio of pixels. The app worked fine on my note 3, but won't work on the note 4. The difference is the screen. Disney started they are working on an update to include the large screen devices left out previously, but Im not holding my breath.

We have a trip planned for October 2015, so I'm hoping they will have updated it by then.

i sent my email to app.support@disneyworld.com

I Just checked Google Play for WDW MDE. It said not compatible with my device....until today. It loaded and works well.....well as good as MDE works.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter