• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No magic bands - anyone I can contact

If you don't get the bands while you are home, you should be able to get them at check-in at the resort. I believe you can choose colors, just as you did online, but I don't know if that policy has changed since I have visited. When I visited in May, I saw multiple people get handed magic bands over the front desk at more than one hotel. They were giving colored ones, so I believe you will be able to choose your color.

If you don't get the bands while you are home, you should be able to get them at check-in at the resort. I believe you can choose colors, just as you did online, but I don't know if that policy has changed since I have visited. When I visited in May, I saw multiple people get handed magic bands over the front desk at more than one hotel. They were giving colored ones, so I believe you will be able to choose your color.

They could have been from outside the US. For whatever reason Disney can't/won't ship outside the US so for those guests they are waiting at the resort.

I am also arriving on the 6th for a ten day stay. I got notification on Saturday, November 15th that my bands were shipped. I have been checking the USPS updates constantly, even signed up for the text message alerts. The USPS site still says my bands are in Memphis, and yet they arrived in my mailbox this afternoon! :confused3

Don't give up! I'm sure the tracking info just isn't fully updated. :goodvibes

I am also arriving on the 6th for a ten day stay. I got notification on Saturday, November 15th that my bands were shipped. I have been checking the USPS updates constantly, even signed up for the text message alerts. The USPS site still says my bands are in Memphis, and yet they arrived in my mailbox this afternoon! :confused3

Don't give up! I'm sure the tracking info just isn't fully updated. :goodvibes

Don't you just love how USPS does their tracking?

Don't you just love how USPS does their tracking?

Yeah the first set said would be delivered Thursday after it was delivered Wednesday.

I had something else that was shipped 3 day from Hawaii for delivery on a Friday. Actually showed up the next Monday, still saying "expected delivery Friday".

Don't sweat it. I changed my reservation 10 days before my trip in August. I customized my new set of Magic Bands and got them days before we left.

I was just told that they are fine tuning the shipping process and that they are no longer going to be sending the bands out as early as they have in the past. They also wit until they have a set number of parcels going to a certain region of the country before they send them out. They are trying to get bands to your home 10 days before the trip. They said your status on the bands can say they are being personalized and to check back for shipping info for unto 2 weeks now. Boo.

I will also say that my split trip showed hotel as having our MB at Desk yet I had them in my paws. if my hubs hadn't opened his yap I might have gotten another set of MB.

I'm not sure about the current shipping issues, however TWO times in the past year I have either booked late or not ordered my MagicBands until the last week or two before the trip. They were not shipped but we did receive them upon check in at the resort AND they WERE personalized with the names & colors that we had requested. They were waiting in the box that they obviously didn't have time to ship. Another time I completely didn't remember, we booked less than a week prior to our trip and we received generic grey ones at the front desk with our names printed inside BUT that trip I NEVER put in a request so I expected that. I'm also currently waiting for yet another set...we leave a week from today. I'm guessing that if we don't receive them in time that they will again be at the front desk at check in. It would be nice to have in advance for Magical Express, however the last several times Magical Express had minimal or no lines, so I guess no big deal. Still hope to open the mailbox tomorrow and see them tho !!!
Good luck !!!!

Now been almost a week and USPS website is still at package accepted. I'm off the grid more less after today until Monday so I called again.

The cast member told I could call the post office (did that once all he could do was read the status and it was a pain to get through) or he could reorder and send them to the resort. He told me if I didn't do it now and they don't arrive before I get home, we'd get "iconic" (not the word I would use) gray ones. They won't recall the package, so if it does arrive, I'd have those too.

I noticed, when I just looked, that it appears they have unlinked the ones they sent. If they do arrive, can I re-link them so I can decorate those before I go?

Thanks all. I'm still not happy and it does bother me that some get their bands quickly and others don't, but I can live with this solution. I guess I'm bringing nail polish with me.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and experiences.

you can probably relink them and if you can't at home disney can at the resort.

but i still think you are completely overreacting to this.
didn't you say the toher day that they said they'd be there by the 25th?
thats still 5 days away.
and it has not been almost a week really.
if it was accepted on sunday it would not have moved until monday.
its only thursday of the same week!

I noticed, when I just looked, that it appears they have unlinked the ones they sent. If they do arrive, can I re-link them so I can decorate those before I go?

Thanks all. I'm still not happy and it does bother me that some get their bands quickly and others don't, but I can live with this solution. I guess I'm bringing nail polish with me.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and experiences.

The MagicBand ID numbers are on the underside of the band. If the shipment arrives, you can link each MB to the correct person.

you can probably relink them and if you can't at home disney can at the resort.

but i still think you are completely overreacting to this.
didn't you say the toher day that they said they'd be there by the 25th?
thats still 5 days away.
and it has not been almost a week really.
if it was accepted on sunday it would not have moved until monday.
its only thursday of the same week!

May seem like it, but first, I'm away for the Koman 3 day and then Thanksgiving weekend. So the earliest I would pick them up would have been December 1, but now they threw a business trip on the end, so I won't be home until the night of the 3rd. I did discuss with him that if they weren't there then, it would be too late for personalization.

I'm also crew on the 3day, so could not have called over the weekend.

While the 25th is 5 days away, the bands have been sitting in Memphis, per USPS since Saturday. So, I'm wondering if it has been lost, and will show up well after our trip when they clean out the post office or something like that.

If I was home on the 25th, I would have waited. For all I know they will show up, but if the post office doesn't scan them, I won't know until it's too late to fix.

The MagicBand ID numbers are on the underside of the band. If the shipment arrives, you can link each MB to the correct person.

Thanks!

While the 25th is 5 days away, the bands have been sitting in Memphis, per USPS since Saturday. So, I'm wondering if it has been lost, and will show up well after our trip when they clean out the post office or something like that.

If I was home on the 25th, I would have waited. For all I know they will show up, but if the post office doesn't scan them, I won't know until it's too late to fix.

Thanks!

Their tracking is really useless. USPS does not scan them at each point like UPS or FedEx does. You'll be lucky if the scan them when they deliver them. For you all know they are on a truck for delivery today and sometime tomorrow USPS will update their site.

Their tracking is really useless. USPS does not scan them at each point like UPS or FedEx does. You'll be lucky if the scan them when they deliver them. For you all know they are on a truck for delivery today and sometime tomorrow USPS will update their site.
I found that when I tracked them online the information was not updated, but when I signed up for text alerts, I was notified of every location change and delivery.

Update: On Friday, the status went from accepted package to in Richmond CA. Yesterday it went to delivered (in mailbox). However, we are out of town and have a mail hold for a week and a half. I'm hoping that the band are being held and not left in front of our door for a week+.

And I think we still have the backup set coming to the hotel if they were delivered and a box with Disney on it was too tempting.

the magic band box comes inside of a plain brown box.

i understand now why you were anxious to get the magic bands but still you have to admit that after all that i really didn't take very long for them to be delivered and it was before the 25th.

Just a thought, but do you think the delay in shipping is to prevent people from shipping the bands off to someone on Etsy to have decorated? It wouldn't surprise me if Disney wanted to prevent this so that guests would be more likely to buy their limited edition bands or the accessories. I don't see any other reason to have changed the shipping from ~30 days to ~20 days. :confused3

the magic band box comes inside of a plain brown box.

i understand now why you were anxious to get the magic bands but still you have to admit that after all that i really didn't take very long for them to be delivered and it was before the 25th.

Yup. We live in a condo building, and while the front door is locked, things occasionally disappear. Not often, but it does happen. So if I'd been home, this would have been no big deal. (Although arriving 2 weeks after the drop dead on customization is a little disappointing).

Again, the only reason I did the ship to hotel is that if they aren't there, it would be too late to get customized bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter