• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No luck with BoG or California Grill :( - 6/7 A DISer helped out!

Disneymoon2013

Mouseketeer
I'm planning our honeymoon in WDW... It will be my first time. Of all the restaurants I'd read into, I had most hoped for dinner at BoG and at California Grill, but I wasn't able to secure either today. Got up at 5:40 a.m., got everything all set & ready to go, clicked on the strike of 6:00 a.m. using a universal clock... and no such luck. :sad2:

We did successfully book V&A and Hollywood Brown Derby... That's something I guess.

Edit 6/7: A very kind DISer had to change plans and is heading to WDW during an earlier time frame, so she gave us her reservation. She wanted to help make our honeymoon magical! :yay: Dfi and I are beyond grateful! :wave2:

WEll you are better off than me, It won't link the reservation for me to do more than Dec. 2

WEll you are better off than me, It won't link the reservation for me to do more than Dec. 2

You have to link your reservation to your account. There's a section for that on the site. If you don't do that, then your advance 10-day ADRs won't work.

I am sorry. :( I was able to book BOG for Dec 8th this morning and had quite a few times to choose from. Maybe something will still come through for you.

You have to link your reservation to your account. There's a section for that on the site. If you don't do that, then your advance 10-day ADRs won't work.

Yep ,I know that. it just kept giving me a message that it couldn't be linked. I tried over and over and on different versions of the website and still wouldn't link. I did call at 7 and was able to get CRT and BOG no problem though. But it ticks me off that this system is so messed up that it wouldn't even link the reservation. I have had this happen more than once too in the past. It was iffy on the old system, the new one is just horrid.

California Grill hasn't opened ADRs yet after the renovation, so you still may be able to get it, once it opens for ADRs.. see the thread titled California Grill ADR Watch Thread.

Yep ,I know that. it just kept giving me a message that it couldn't be linked. I tried over and over and on different versions of the website and still wouldn't link. I did call at 7 and was able to get CRT and BOG no problem though. But it ticks me off that this system is so messed up that it wouldn't even link the reservation. I have had this happen more than once too in the past. It was iffy on the old system, the new one is just horrid.

I don't understand how you were able to secure BOG unless you secured it at exactly 10 days out from your arrival. I tried refreshing every minute or two between 6 a.m. and 6:45 a.m. Total waste of my time. To say I'm bitter would be an understatement.

California Grill hasn't opened ADRs yet after the renovation, so you still may be able to get it, once it opens for ADRs.. see the thread titled California Grill ADR Watch Thread.

Okay, at least this makes more sense. I was so confused as to why that would be so far booked out. I told Dfi maybe people wanted to see the new-ness of it?? haha

Based on my experience this morning not really getting the ones we wanted, nor the times we wanted for some of the others, I'm really glad we decided not to do the dining plan. I don't think I would even consider the dining plan in the future unless they changed something about this system. Dfi is peeved about the 10-day out bonus. He says it's a domino effect that screws everyone.

I don't understand how you were able to secure BOG unless you secured it at exactly 10 days out from your arrival. I tried refreshing every minute or two between 6 a.m. and 6:45 a.m. Total waste of my time. To say I'm bitter would be an understatement.

I got it for Dec. 9th. Try calling

I got it for Dec. 9th. Try calling

That explains it. As dfi pointed out, folks who are staying at least a week or longer have an advantage. We're only doing 6 days at Disney, so even the 10-day window really isn't an "advantage".

I tried calling but after being left on hold for quite some time, I decided to just tuck back into bed. No point in being sleep deprived and ruining my whole day. I also have limited minutes on my phone, so I don't want to waste my whole month's allowance just calling Disney. That would cost me even more money in the end! I'll just keep checking online, and if we aren't able to secure ressies in the end, I'll pocket the money.

Why not just try for a early lunch one day? We did this on our recent May trip. Showed up at 11:15; projected wait time was 45 minutes. We were seated with our food in 30 minutes.

You can still keep trying for a dinner reservations. Someone may cancel day of.

Why not just try for a early lunch one day? We did this on our recent May trip. Showed up at 11:15; projected wait time was 45 minutes. We were seated with our food in 30 minutes.

You can still keep trying for a dinner reservations. Someone may cancel day of.

I just updated the main post; a DISer helped us out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter