No longer solo at YC in Jan! Update-p.16- photos & leaving in the AM!!!

Wow! the Yacht club how GREAT!!! I want to visit all the resorts next year when we go; just to see what they all look like and their Christmas decorations...told Danny we may need an entire day just for that :rotfl2:

Glad to hear your Thanksgiving was a fun and wonderful!
:wave2:

ok April, Yacht Club. That is fantastic. See I know you guys are animal lovers as am I but give me a beach theme. I am so on it. That is awesome. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Ginny

I can't believe the luck I had with the AP rate! I had to pinch myself.

Wow! the Yacht club how GREAT!!! I want to visit all the resorts next year when we go; just to see what they all look like and their Christmas decorations...told Danny we may need an entire day just for that :rotfl2:

Glad to hear your Thanksgiving was a fun and wonderful!
:wave2:

You will LOVE the Christmas decorations in all of the resorts. You definitely have to see the Boardwalk & Grand Floridian. My favorites are the trees in the WL lobby & AKL lobby. They are enormous! The Osborne Lights at DHS is really incredible, though. I think I have a video of a portion of it. If I do, I will post it soon. I am still hoping to get down there in November/December next year. It would be awesome if our trips overlap!!!

I found it, Connie!

Well, I managed to get and ADR at Cape May Cafe for breakfast on January 15th! I've been crazy with Christmas shopping. I also typed up all of my mom's addresses into mailing labels so she won't have to write everything out by hand. I took photos of Isis for this year's card:
IMG_1873.jpg

I am such a goof, I know. Now...dang! Work interrupts! :mad: I miss you guys!!!

Isis makes a wonderful Christmas puppy. Did you read on Mel's tr that Princess escaped Monday night? I was about to shoot her if I had found her. After 4 hours of looking Sheri and Mike found her about 3/4 mile from home. She was full of cuckleburrs and had a gash on her forhead. And managed to eat something that even today her tummy is full and hard. Naughty Princess. I gave her a bath and tended her wound but Friday she will go for a haircut once again. It's neverending with that dog. I threatened her next time I was not looking for her. I'm such a liar. Sheri said she knew she wouldn't sleep till she was found. Me either but I don't want Princess to know that. It shall be our secret. She has not left my side since she has been home.

I hate being busy at work. I hear that the chicken salad is good at Cape May but you probably don't want it for breakfast.

When I was a kid my uncle had a place in Cape May NJ that we stayed a month at. I want to eat at the Cape May rest. just to bring that memory back to me.

Ginny

Ginny

Thanks! April!!!
looks beautiful...and Isis looks festvie
:santa:

Thanks! I'm playing catch-up on everyone's TR's today. I'll be over to yours next!

Isis makes a wonderful Christmas puppy. Did you read on Mel's tr that Princess escaped Monday night? I was about to shoot her if I had found her. After 4 hours of looking Sheri and Mike found her about 3/4 mile from home. She was full of cuckleburrs and had a gash on her forhead. And managed to eat something that even today her tummy is full and hard. Naughty Princess. I gave her a bath and tended her wound but Friday she will go for a haircut once again. It's neverending with that dog. I threatened her next time I was not looking for her. I'm such a liar. Sheri said she knew she wouldn't sleep till she was found. Me either but I don't want Princess to know that. It shall be our secret. She has not left my side since she has been home.

I hate being busy at work. I hear that the chicken salad is good at Cape May but you probably don't want it for breakfast.

When I was a kid my uncle had a place in Cape May NJ that we stayed a month at. I want to eat at the Cape May rest. just to bring that memory back to me.

Ginny

Ginny

Oh my goodness....I would have FREAKED out completely if I were you!!! You must have been SO worried. I wonder what she ate. Has she gotten sick at all?

YACHT CLUB! How the heck did I miss that?:eek:

Wow -good for you...I love the WL but am jonesing to try out the Beach Club...

can't wait to see the photos...
:yay:

That silly dog never did get sick. Thank goodness. After her last 2 bouts of the stomach stuff I didn't want another. We had a stray schnauzer show up at our door on Sat. She was there about 2 hours and her owners came and got her. I'm glad we live in a small subdivision. Only 102 houses and everyone pretty much knows other neighbors dogs.

Hello! April
stopping by to say hi! hope you had a nice weekend!
:wave2: :santa: Connie

Thanks, you, too! Is Ashton feeling better?

That silly dog never did get sick. Thank goodness. After her last 2 bouts of the stomach stuff I didn't want another. We had a stray schnauzer show up at our door on Sat. She was there about 2 hours and her owners came and got her. I'm glad we live in a small subdivision. Only 102 houses and everyone pretty much knows other neighbors dogs.

That is definitely a good thing to have close neighbors. We live across the street from a police officer- I love having him there. I'm glad Princess didn't get sick!

Good morning April. Hope you are well and your weather isn't too sucky. We have cold and rain but the snow shouldl stay north this time. Good thing. Girls weekend out starts Friday at noon. So we are hoping for good weather. I'm not driving so it won't affect me much. Have a good day.

This past weekend I did a TON of gift wrapping- which just made me realize how much more shopping I have to do. I took photos of my mom’s dog for their Christmas cards. She ended up choosing these 2:
IMG_1924.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

I also finished assembling my treadmill with John last night. It took longer than we expected because John was making me laugh with ridiculous comments. It was actually fun. Tonight is the Biggest Loser finale, so I plan to run for about an hour when I get home from work. I have Valerie Bertinelli's new audiobook to listen to while I run. I may even dare take a "before" photo of myself. :rotfl: My stepmom is in Disney right now- yesterday was her birthday! So this weekend I think I might finish up my shopping & get a tree. I also have to finish up my photo DVD for my Grandmother. This project has made me download Kenny Rogers music!!! Hahaha I’m sure tons of people love him- he just isn’t my cup of tea. LOL I had a bunch of big band music from the 40’s & some Dean Martin, Sinatra, and Bing Crosby Christmas music to add in.
Other than that, I have been trying to get my thoughts together for my trip- 38 days away now. I did plan to meet up with my cousin on the 14th or 15th. Here is my latest itinerary:

Jan 14th- John will drop me off at Providence airport on his way to work around 5-5:30am. I take off at 7:40am (hopefully) & land at MCO at 10:55am. I will catch a ride on Magical Express & check in (if I can) at Yacht Club. :sail: I plan to go right to Downtown Disney. I’m going to start at West Side & work my way to the Marketplace. I’m going to check out all of the shops. After that, I want to make my way over to the former Pleasure Island. I want to try to grab a quick bite at Paradiso 37 if it is possible. After that, I plan to take my time in each of the Marketplace shops. I am seriously going to spend hours browsing. I can’t wait! If my cousin shows up, we will probably grab a drink or two :drinking1 & maybe even head to EPCOT.

Jan 15th- I will be up bright & early to get breakfast at Cape May Café. I ate here once before on my first solo WDW trip. I found some of the photos from that breakfast:
100_5081.jpg

100_5082.jpg

100_5080.jpg

100_5079.jpg

100_5087.jpg

100_5088.jpg

100_5090.jpg

What a difference 5 years makes…I was a whole different person then…and I weighed about 40 pounds less then, too! :eek:
I am going to EPCOT right from breakfast & staying until they close. My first ride is Spaceship Earth every time. I’m going to try to find our photo tile from 2000 on the Leave a Legacy things. After that, I will get over to get a Soarin’ FP and go to Living with the Land. I might grab a snack at Seasons- just because I love their food so much & head off to the Seas with Nemo & Friends. I like to hang around there for a while & see Turtle Talk if the timing is right. Next up will be Test Track. I MIGHT do Mission Space beforehand if I am feeling ok. I plan to spend the rest of my time wandering the shops of World Showcase. I might stop back to do Ellen’s Energy Adventure or to go to Journey into Imagination, but I’m not 100% sure on that yet. I DO know, however, that I will be going back to Future World for Soarin’. I am hoping I get to ride more than once.
That night I have an ADR for Tutto Italia & EPCOT has PM EMH. Things don’t get better than that for me. :cloud9:This will be my first time at Tutto Italia & I am looking forward to it.

Jan. 16th- I have a morning ADR for Donald’s Safari Breakfast. :donald: After breakfast, I will go on Kilimanjaro safari, Pangani Exploration Trail, get a vegetarian egg roll (at a cart on the way from Africa to Asia), then go to Everest. I will get a fastpass & then go into the single rider line. I will ride as many times as I can & then go to Primeval Whirl & Dinosaur. I’m going to walk Lisa’s hidden trail around the Tree of Life & head back to the room to get ready for Artist Point for dinner. I haven’t been here since 2005, so I am REALLY looking forward to it! After dinner, I will take the boat over to MK, which closes at 11pm. :hmghost: I am going to do as much as I can there that night. I would like to shop as much as I can. There may be a late night veggie burger from Cosmic Ray’s thrown in there, too, since I have such an early dinner that night.

Jan. 17th- This is my last full day. :-( I’m going to DHS as early as I wake up. I have an early lunch at 50’s Prime Time. I plan to get to Tower of Terror (several times- it is my favorite), Rock n Rollercoaster, Toy Story Mania, Muppet Vision 3-D, and the Animation Academy. I’ve never done the Animation Academy before, so I am looking forward to it. I have a dinner ADR at California Grill. After dinner, I will be going to MK for the PM EMH. I’m going to stay for the entire time if I can. I’d like to stay until closing & sit and people watch as the crowds exit the park.

Jan. 18th- My flight leaves at 12:45pm, so I won’t have much time for anything this morning. I will have time for a quick breakfast & maybe a stop in the gift shop. I get back into Providence at about 3:30pm & John will pick me up & take me home.

So- 37 days!! :hyper: I’m having some anxiety about flying and about missing Isis & John. I know it is only 4 days, but I am uncomfortable with every minute Isis is out of my sight. I usually call home 2 times a day to check on her! I guess that’s it for now. I hope everyone is having a great week.

Grand plans. So excitd for you. I could do my Birthday in Disney. Your lucky step mom. I wish you well with the treadmill. Maybe you will get me motivated also. I have at least cleaned it off and dusted it.

Ginny

How in the fruit did I miss that you are now staying at the Yacht Club? I have had some problems with not getting emails on my subscribed to threads. I understand you loving the WL but also wanting to try something new.

I absolutely love the pictures you took to use as Christmas cards.

Your trip is just around the corner!

Grand plans. So excitd for you. I could do my Birthday in Disney. Your lucky step mom. I wish you well with the treadmill. Maybe you will get me motivated also. I have at least cleaned it off and dusted it.

Ginny

My stepmom just came home late last night to this cold weather. I will find out today if she had fun! I surprised myself by using the treadmill for an hour Tuesday & an hour Wednesday. Last night I didn't use it because I got home from work at 8:30pm. My "check engine" light came on during my drive home, too.

How in the fruit did I miss that you are now staying at the Yacht Club? I have had some problems with not getting emails on my subscribed to threads. I understand you loving the WL but also wanting to try something new.

I absolutely love the pictures you took to use as Christmas cards.

Your trip is just around the corner!

Thanks!!! I have been loving your tr- the photos from the mission are great!

Good Morning, everyone! I don't know if you have been following long, but I finally completed the photo DVD I made for my Grandma! I wanted to include a note with it & I need your opinion if you think it is too much. It is just me being honest & sincere, but I'm not sure if it is overkill. What do you think?:

Grandma- I put this DVD together by scanning in a bunch of photos- 807 to be exact. I recruited Roberta to run in & grab some of your photos while you weren't home. She also gave me a bunch of her photos to scan. Lauren & I sat & went through all of her photos on one Sunday and she allowed me to borrow them to scan. I also had a few photos of my own that I included. This was definitely only possible because of their help. I honestly didn’t expect SO much help when I sent everyone an e-mail asking them for help in October. I also downloaded some music that you might like and paired it with some I had that I thought you would like.
I started this project because I wanted to try to find a way to express to you my appreciation for your love, acceptance of me into your fantastic family, and for the wonderful person you are. I want you to know that you and Grandpa have created such a loving family full of great-hearted people and I am SO thankful that you all continue to allow me to be a part of it. It is not my intent to make you cry- but I know you will- it was to allow you to see all of the happiness and wonderful memories you have given us all. We are all now the happy, good-hearted people we are today because of the love you and Grandpa have given us. This isn’t nearly enough to say it, but, from the bottom of my heart- THANK YOU. I love you. Merry Christmas!

I thought I would share a few photos from the DVD, too:
Grandma's High School Photo
grhs.jpg

Grandma & Grandpa while dating
grgrdating1.jpg

An old family photo with Santa (my stepmom is the smallest one)
gramkidsxmas.jpg

My cousins & I in the early 80's (I'm in the middle)
kidspool.jpg

My brother & Isis
11-19-2009_076.jpg

Now on to the more relevant photos...
One of their early Disney trips (my aunts)
pamwdw.jpg

Now on to our family trips:
tt.jpg

Inside the Seas:
livingseas.jpg

Kennedy Space Center:
ksc.jpg

Animal Kingdom:
fam.jpg

We are the 1st 2 rows!
dino_03.jpg

We took up a whole boat!!
Splash_03lg.jpg

Waiting for the British Invasion
022_21.jpg

Charlie's Angels style (My stepmom, me, Grandma)

angels.jpg

So for songs I chose:
"Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers
"Silver Bells" by Bing Crosby
"Sing, Sing, Sing" by Benny Goodman
"I'll be Home for Christmas" by Johnny Mathis
"You Raise me Up" by Josh Groban
"The First Noel" by Josh Groban
"Lucky" by Jason Mraz & Colby Caillat
"White Christmas" by Bing Crosby
"When you Wish Upon a Star"
"Baby, it's Cold Outside" by Dean Martin
"In the Mood" by Glen Miller
"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Frank Sinatra
"Moonlight Serenade" by The Glen Miller Orchestra
"The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole
"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" (one of my favs)
"Run Rudolph Run" by Chuck Berry
"You've Got a Friend in Me"
"O Holy Night" by Mark Harris
"A Whole New World"
"Mele Kalikimaka" by Bing Crosby
"Can you feel the Love Tonight"
"A Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives

Thanks for listening- any opinions or comments are welcome- I need all the help I can get!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter