No longer possible to find a phone number without paying?

luvavacation

DIS Veteran
I am trying to find a phone number for my mom. She has Alzheimer's and misplaces things often, this time it is her phone book. She would like to make a phone call to a friend, and for the life of me I can not find any website that lets me put in the person's information to find the phone number without paying for it!

Even Whitepages.com won't give me the phone number without paying. I have the general address and name, just need the number!

For that matter, I can't even input a phone number to find an address without having to pay to see who the number belongs to (trying to go off mom's CallerID to see if this person called recently). Where did the free look-up websites go? :mad:

Does anyone know of any free websites to find phone numbers or addresses?

I just went to whitepages.com and put in my DH's first initial, last name, & zip code and I was able to get our address and phone number for free.

Try google if you have the name and address. I'm in the process of buying a townhouse and had to give the inspector the telephone # of the seller. I couldn't get ahold of the agent so I found it that way.

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately, nothing gave me the information I was seeking.

After trying all the options, I told my mom that I can not seem to find her friend's number without paying. Mom tells me she thinks her friend is unlisted. :idea: That explains it!

I probably should have figured this out earlier, before I even posted, but what can I say, other than the heat and aggravation has gotten to me? :confused3 :laughing:

If you have her friend's address and name, you should be able to do a backwards look up, even if the number is unlisted.

I am trying to find a phone number for my mom. She has Alzheimer's and misplaces things often, this time it is her phone book. She would like to make a phone call to a friend, and for the life of me I can not find any website that lets me put in the person's information to find the phone number without paying for it!

Even Whitepages.com won't give me the phone number without paying. I have the general address and name, just need the number!

For that matter, I can't even input a phone number to find an address without having to pay to see who the number belongs to (trying to go off mom's CallerID to see if this person called recently). Where did the free look-up websites go? :mad:

Does anyone know of any free websites to find phone numbers or addresses?

www.switchboard.com

I just went to whitepages.com and put in my DH's first initial, last name, & zip code and I was able to get our address and phone number for free.
The problem is that on WhitePages.com the "search results" that appear at the top of the list are actually sponsored links that take you to a pay site where you can search a variety of public records on the person you want for a fee. The free name, address and phone number can be found in the "Additional Suggestions" section below the ad.

Generally if the person is unlisted as has not put herself in any secondary directories such as AARP, the only way to find it is going to be the tax records for her property. It should be there if you check.

However, there is a much easier method than that if you know the lady's address: just send her a letter and ask for it. All you have to do is write a brief message that you are writing on behalf of your mother, who has been ill and has mis-placed the phone number, and ask the lady to get in touch.

Try zabasearch.com. I just looked myself up and got the number, even though we are unlisted. All you need is the name and state.

Try zabasearch.com. I just looked myself up and got the number, even though we are unlisted. All you need is the name and state.

I also have an unlisted number and just tried this zabasearch site. The only listing it had for me was a place I worked at from 1987 to 1995. :confused3

Whitepages came up with my current address but no phone number.

I also tried my Florida address which has a listed number, but neither one had anything on me.

I don't know why whitepages, zaba, etc. ever listed that information for free to start with, but obviously they all gave in to the temptation to linking to the paid sites. Money talks.
And the paid information is relatively expensive.

Call 1800 Free 411

You have to listen to an advertisement, but you'll get the number for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter