• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No longer getting PIN codes??

rabell

Earning My Ears
I have gotten a PIN code almost every month for the past three years. All of a sudden I haven't received one in four months. I haven't even received an email since August. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, did you start receiving them again?

I received several last year but never used them because we like to rent a house offsite. Now we want to stay on-site and no pin codes. That is usually how things go for me though. Let's hope we get one!

That's usually how my luck goes, too. I never knew they were anything special until recently. I thought everyone received them. Of course though as soon as I need one I stop getting them. Good luck to you!

That's usually how my luck goes, too. I never knew they were anything special until recently. I thought everyone received them. Of course though as soon as I need one I stop getting them. Good luck to you!

Every one definitely does not get them. I go to WDW 4-6 times every year and have never received a PIN Code.:rotfl:

The last pin code I received was 7, that's *seven* years ago!:sad:
We have been going a couple times a year for a few years and I'm thinking that has something to do with it. Why send a pincode to someone who is going to come anyway. I've done all the suggested online things to try to trigger one, but no luck. :upsidedow

try going back to the WDW website and exploring, then saving a couple of trips. Don't book them, but schedule them for the timeframe you want to go...

We were getting tons of PIN codes in late 2009, 2010 and early 2011. We used them for our F&WF trips in both 2010 and 2011. We haven't gotten another one since Spring of 2011, I believe:sad:. Not sure why our luck changed. I've tried pricing out trips, saving itineraries, ordering the DVD. Nothin'.

I haven't received one in a couple years now. I've done the things that are "supposed" to prompt one when I've wanted one, to no result. It would be nice, but thank goodness Disney still continues to offer discounts during most seasons for everyone. I just wish we didn't have to pay twice as much for a Deluxe resort (even with discount) that we did 10 years ago. Ugh. Values/Mods have had all my business that last three years.

I haven't received one in a couple years now. I've done the things that are "supposed" to prompt one when I've wanted one, to no result. It would be nice, but thank goodness Disney still continues to offer discounts during most seasons for everyone. I just wish we didn't have to pay twice as much for a Deluxe resort (even with discount) that we did 10 years ago. Ugh. Values/Mods have had all my business that last three years.

I've done everything that people say generates a PIN Code (save trips online, order planning DVD, do all the surveys, call to ask if I have a PIN attached to my account, etc). Still nada! I have never received a PIN Code, yet hear of others who get them several times a year, every year.:sad::mad: Thank goodness Disney offers other discounts. I go several times a year and I've always been able to find some discount for every one of my trips (AP, Disney Visa, free dining, bounceback deals, buy 4 nights, get 3 nights free, etc). Like you I have a hard time with how much the prices have gone up though. I remember back in Jan 2005 we did a split stay and with my AP discount got a courtyard view at WL and also a Arusha Savanna view at AKL for $149.00/night. Now the moderates go for about that same price, so we're talking about the prices jumping that much in just about 7 years. I also remember paying $49.00/night at the values and $79.00/night for the moderates (with an AP discount), that same year and even the year after.

We were getting tons of PIN codes in late 2009, 2010 and early 2011. We used them for our F&WF trips in both 2010 and 2011. We haven't gotten another one since Spring of 2011, I believe:sad:. Not sure why our luck changed. I've tried pricing out trips, saving itineraries, ordering the DVD. Nothin'.

Go back and check the email address associated with your account on the Disney websites. Also double check that the "don't send me offers" box is not checked.

We didn't get them monthly but maybe 2 to 3 times a year we were getting them. Only once did they hit our dates. It is still nice to get them just in case.

We used to get them when we started going back in 2007 for the first time; since then we have been there two maybe three times a year and we always stay at the Poly. I think that has something to do with it. They know I'll go even though I don't get a discount so why send me one? We always try and take advantage of the bounceback offer though when we are down there so at least we have that....

I never knew they were anything special until recently.

i totally agree:thumbsup2-

i actually thought they were the disney equivalent of junk mail!:rotfl:

we get them at least 4/5 times a year-never used one-so i guess that's why they keep sending them.:goodvibes

dmdelight said:
i actually thought they were the disney equivalent of junk mail!:rotfl:

Me too! :rotfl

I started planning our next trip around the time that I stopped getting them. I messed with some things on my profile and I wonder if that triggered something. I've tried to change everything back to what is was before, just hoping for a chance. I also make sure I've opted to receive emails every tome I log in. I have received a couple of emails the last couple of weeks without PINS so hopefully one will come along. If I had never found out not everyone gets them I wouldn't have worried at all about it. But now I'm going to worry myself to death over it. :)

I have never received a pin before and I just put a deposit down on a trip for Dec 2013. If I do get a pin, how much beforehand do they send them out? Also, what about a pin attached to your account? Thanks for the information.

AshRose26 said:
I have never received a pin before and I just put a deposit down on a trip for Dec 2013. If I do get a pin, how much beforehand do they send them out? Also, what about a pin attached to your account? Thanks for the information.

I'm sorry. I didn't see your post until now, so it's a little late for an answer. I hope you had a great trip though.

I recieved an email with a code in it. I called and it wasn't a discount, it was just a code to see if I would book a vacation if they sent me an email. Silly Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter