• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

No Longer coming to you Live from Disney World! Take 3 DDW'S TAMBU LOUNGE 8/6

Hi Barb!

Just one little change to our dates. Jim gave them to you incorrectly and was assuming I would come along and correct him. And he was right!! :rotfl:

We arrive on October 19th. Wish it was the 18th! Thanks.

Lee Ann princess:

Thanks Lee Ann! :thumbsup2

This evening TeresaG sent us some more updates from their day at the F & W Fest.

Florida Grass Fed Beef Slider with Monterey Jack and Sweet & Hot Pickles
& Orlando Brewing, Sun Shade Organic Pale Ale
& Florida Orange Groves, Hurricane Class 5 White Sangria

"It was all good. I was starting to hit the food wall, but DH enjoyed the slider very very much."

France

Escargots Persillade en Brioche (Garlic and Parsley Snails in Brioche)

"I didn't try these, but DH loved them."

Belgium

Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream (vegetarian)

"They gave us an extra as an anniversary pixie dust. They were very good! The hot waffles melted the ganache and it was a melty yummy mess."

Japan

Teriyaki Chicken Hand Roll

"I really liked this."

Desserts and Champagne

Dessert Trio
- Chocolate orange cupcake
- Hazelnut chocolate cheesecake
- Morello cherry pistachio mousse

"I gave DH the cupcake after a small bite; it was a typical cupcake and I had officially hit the food wall. The cheesecake was my favorite, and the mousse was ok."

9 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign/menu = 11 x 2 = 22 total points

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is ...

:cheer2: smile4stamps :cheer2:

Paula will be at Disneyland from 10/1 - 10/4 and has volunteered to again do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Paula!!! :cool1:

5 October Bonus Points Awarded

:cheer2: smile4stamps :cheer2:

Paula will be at Disneyland from 10/1 - 10/4 and has volunteered to again do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Paula!!! :cool1:

5 October Bonus Points Awarded

Thanks Barb! I can't wait! Haven't been to DL since March despite having the Premier Pass burning a hole in my pocket! I'm about to head to sleep then its off to work followed by my drive tomorrow to Anaheim!

MichelleWDWfan attempted to send us the following Food & Wine Festival update over the weekend but ran in to some technical difficulties in emailing her photos. Under the circumstances, I am going to say that this update qualifies for the double points awarded for opening weekend updates. :thumbsup2

"At the France booth Joey wanted the escargot...

Escargots Persillade en Brioche (Garlic and Parsley Snails in Brioche)

"He said it was really good."

"At the New Zealand booth we had the Venison sausage."

Venison Sausage with Pickled Mushrooms, Baby Arugula and Black Currant Reduction

"It was also tasty...similar to kielbasa."

Australia

Garlic Shrimp with Roasted Tomatoes, Lemon Myrtle and Rapini

"At the Morocco booth we had the kefta pocket and baklava."

Kefta Pocket (Ground-seasoned Beef in a Pita Pocket) & Baklava

"Everything was tasty, my only negative was the the meat in the kefta pocket had different temperatures. One bite was hot and the next just warm."

"I must say that Saturday was so crowded, it was hard to move through the crowds. There were a lot of people drunk and throwing up :crazy2: ...a sight I'm not used to seeing at Disney."

5 September Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for signs/menus and pic of Joey = 13 x 2 = 26 total points

Food and Wine people! I'm doing a one day, last minute visit. Is it possible in one day to make it to 9 different booths or am I setting my my standards too high? We will be going all day, mid week on a Wednesday. Thanks.

Food and Wine people! I'm doing a one day, last minute visit. Is it possible in one day to make it to 9 different booths or am I setting my my standards too high? We will be going all day, mid week on a Wednesday. Thanks.
For a Wednesday it shouldn't be a problem. The only problem I can see is your tummy may get full. If you are sharing with others than not a challenge at all! Have a great time.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to apologize for not sending any pics for my trip this past weekend. it was supposed to be my first time participating but my phone broke the first day in Disney :( (it was such a pain--not only did I not have a camera to use I didn't know what time it was for most of the trip! lol) now that I am back i am going to upgrade to a new fancy iphone.

sorry guys!

Hi everyone,

I wanted to apologize for not sending any pics for my trip this past weekend. it was supposed to be my first time participating but my phone broke the first day in Disney :( (it was such a pain--not only did I not have a camera to use I didn't know what time it was for most of the trip! lol) now that I am back i am going to upgrade to a new fancy iphone.

sorry guys!

Sorry to hear about your phone problem...I would be lost without my phone! :worried: If you would like to give us a brief synopsis of your Disney dining though (without photos), that would be great. :thumbsup2

chazabel (our only active reporter from our October team) sent in some updates yesterday. :cool1:

The first one was from her lunch on Sunday at DHS'...

Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater

"Our lunch was just ok. With all the new focus on organic and healthy, it was processed turkey on my Smoked Turkey sandwich."

"I did like the cucumber salad."

"My husband found his burger bun fell apart and got smushy."

"They no longer had the banana shake with liqueur that he loved."

Anniversary cupcake

2 October Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of chazabel and her DH

Then chazabel and her DH had dinner on Sunday at DHS'...

50's Prime Time Cafe

"We both had the Fried Chicken."

"Very tasty, crispy skin and loved the collard greens with bacon."

"Our server was a bit distracted though due to the little boy who threw up at the table next to us." :crazy2:

2 October Game Points Earned

chazabel's last update was from her lunch yesterday at the Wilderness Lodge's...

Whispering Canyon Cafe

"Forgot to take a before pic of our "All you Care to Eat" platter..."

"I wanted to really like this, but the ribs were too saucy and the beans were just ok. Liked the mashed potatoes, corn and chicken the best."

1 October Game Point Earned

Miss Potts and her DH had lunch at the Food & Wine Festival yesterday and sent us so many photos that I will need to divide them into two posts. :banana:

"We avoided the crowds of opening weekend and opted to have a F&W lunch today!"

"We started in Canada with my favorites... Mushroom Filet Mignon and Cheddar Cheese Soup!"

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
& "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce

"Delicious as always!"

"Next a stop at Greece..

"We tried the "Taste of Greece"."

Taste of Greece: Grilled & Marinated Calamari, Hitipiti, Eggplant Dip, Olives and Pita Bread

"It wasn't a big hit with us... We don't like Greek food but we tried it out regardless."

"Next up was Hawaii...

"We had the pork slider and it was delicious!!!"

Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise

"Our magic band didn't work here.. Good thing we had our KTTW card or I would not have had a slider! The bread was soft and the pork tender and juicy."

"Next up is Brazil!"

"We had both food items here...

Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Onions, Avocado and Cilantro

Seared Scallop with Ragout of Tomatoes, Peppers, Hearts of Palm and Steamed Rice

"The pork belly was the clear winner! The flavors went together really well! It was interesting that an item was currently not available... I wonder if they sold out of it over the weekend or if it isn't in yet?"

Stay tuned for Part II

6 September Game Points Earned + 10 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and pics of Miss Potts

Now for Part II of Miss Potts' F & W Fest update...

"Next stop was Australia!"

"This is my DH's favorite!"

"He had the grilled lamp chop! He started eating before I could even take a photo!"

Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies

"Next up was Argentina..."

"We have the F&W cookbook and DH always wants to make the empanadas. We decided to try it this year and see if it is worth making them! It was good but we aren't racing home to make them ourselves." ;)

"Mexico was next..

"I was getting full, so DH had the shrimp tacos."

Shrimp Taco with Purple Cabbage

"He has had them in the past and enjoyed them once again!"

"It was really hot, so after this snack we took a boat ride through Mexico! Afterwards we looked around the shops.. I thought the food & beverage themed shirts were cute!"

"The last stop for today was South Korea...

"We had the lettuce wrap and it was good! There is a little kick to it... Or so I thought, but I am sensitive to spice!"

Lettuce Wrap with Roast Pork and Kimchi Slaw

4 September Game Points Earned + 12 Bonus Points for signs, menus, pics of DH, and misc. pics

MichelleWDWfan's son Joey tried one more item from the Food & Wine Festival yesterday.

Tuna Poke with Seaweed Salad and Lotus Root Chips

1 September Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign/menu pic

We have received the first update from Paula (smile4stamps), who just arrived today at Disneyland.

She said, "Hi Barb!! I made it! And after a long drive and being too excited to take a nap, a stop here was in order..."

"Not being much of a coffee drinker though, I went with the Cool Lime Refresher in a Trenta Size!"

"It was $4.40 with the AP discount."

"It didn't last long!!" ;)

1 October Game Point Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pic of Paula, and misc. pic

One more update was received last night from chazabel. This one was from their dinner at Magic Kingdom's...

Liberty Tree Tavern

She said, "Tonight it was dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. I switched our dinner to here from Tony's before we left because I have never been too impressed with Tony's. I was nervous as we haven't been to Liberty Tree in years."

"I actually really liked it." :thumbsup2

"Yeasty rolls and nice refreshing salad to start...

"Loved, loved, loved the gravy...it was very basic but just right on turkey flavor. The green beans with garlic were cooked perfectly. The meats - turkey, pork and brisket were all tasty. I liked the pork the best. Mashed potatoes were perfect vehicle for gravy! Even dessert was yummy and just the right amount of sweet (I am not a big sweets person...could have had a bowl of the gravy for dessert and been happy)."

5 October Game Points Earned

:cheer2: basketlacey :cheer2:

c2a45d55-3b1b-4378-b587-afa4bc9656ea_zps700fff26.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lacey will be at Disney World from 10/3 - 10/8 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Lacey!!! :cool1:

6 October Bonus Points Awarded

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter