No longer allowed to call and check for pin codes?

ellie'smom

Mouseketeer
Just got off the phone with reservations cast member,called Disney to ask if there was a pin code associated with my name. She told me that they are no longer allowed to give out that information when you call. I have had
pin codes associated with my name before, but I have always called to find out.
Never has Disney e-mailed me, or sent any information about pins via snail mail to me, and yes they do have my address and e-mail. What to do ,What to do?

Literally just called and checked on some pin codes about 4 minutes ago. No problem at all.

It completely depends on who you talk to. I called the WD Travel Co number last week and got a nice CM who checked for us. No PIN :( but she had no problem checking for us.

Keep trying!

Just got off the phone with reservations cast member,called Disney to ask if there was a pin code associated with my name. She told me that they are no longer allowed to give out that information when you call. I have had
Never has Disney e-mailed me, or sent any information about pins via snail mail to me, and yes they do have my address and e-mail. What to do ,What to do?

This is something that I was wondering....just because you don't receive an email with a pin could you still have one associated with your name if you call disney

They are totally correct, I have had CMs say they can dont check and have literally hung up, called again, and someone checked.

This is something that I was wondering....just because you don't receive an email with a pin could you still have one associated with your name if you call disney

Yes, I have had 3 pin codes associated with my name in the last 3 years (that I know of) and have never received a pin code via e-mail /snail mail .
That is why I am so stunned. We have a trip planned for June, but was looking for a weekend special for the Fall.

I had the same thing happen to me on Friday. Told me no way could they check.

Going to try again tonight after 5 P.M. that is the time I usually get someone from the Tampa call center, they are usually must nicer and accommodating.

I wasn't told they "no longer" do it, I was told they "don't" do it. I know that every CM is different, so any info you get from one is likely not the same info you'll get from another. Keep trying! :thumbsup2

Going to try again tonight after 5 P.M. that is the time I usually get someone from the Tampa call center, they are usually must nicer and accommodating.

The Tampa call center is so much better. They have a gym and a nice cafeteria and better CMs:]

I had a pin code for the Goofy e-mail and I was told No I don't from a CM. I had to fax my e-mail and I did get the pin code. I wasn't happy about this but I perserved.

If I don't get an answer I want or like I will try again. I may change my approach a little, but I play the game; until, I'm satisfied.

I think this CM felt you were not going to book right then and there; so, they didn't want to bother looking for a code and they wanted out of the call. You just have to keep trying. I know it's frustrating.

The official policy is "No, we don't check for PIN's anymore" because the call centers were losing too much time (ie: money) on those calls that didn't result in bookings.

What's happening is - agents are sometimes doing it anyway because things aren't as busy as they'd like, so sometimes they will look up the PINs hoping if you have one it will lead to a booking and help them meet their quotas.

Agents are doing that for the most part on their own and I know of at least one who (now this was January) was reprimanded for it... written up if you will.

Anyway.. it's the constant "Agent Roulette" (calling til you get the answer you like) that lead to the elimination of this practice in the first place.

I'd wager they'll come down again and harder on that practice in the near future.

As always, your mileage may vary and offer void in Utah, Vermont and Tennessee.

Knox

The official policy is "No, we don't check for PIN's anymore" because the call centers were losing too much time (ie: money) on those calls that didn't result in bookings.

What's happening is - agents are sometimes doing it anyway because things aren't as busy as they'd like, so sometimes they will look up the PINs hoping if you have one it will lead to a booking and help them meet their quotas.

Agents are doing that for the most part on their own and I know of at least one who (now this was January) was reprimanded for it... written up if you will.

Anyway.. it's the constant "Agent Roulette" (calling til you get the answer you like) that lead to the elimination of this practice in the first place.

I'd wager they'll come down again and harder on that practice in the near future.

As always, your mileage may vary and offer void in Utah, Vermont and Tennessee.

Knox

When I worked at CRO all of last year there were some CM's that said they werent allowed to check but me and my "cubicle buddy" who was also my roommate would always check. We NEVER got in trouble and were never told we couldnt. It took literally 3 seconds to check for a code so we never minded

I just called and got a very nice CM. He looked and said I didn't have a code, but to keep watching my email closely and to call in weekly to check!

Paula

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter