No longer able to up a child to adult DDP?

iterib

Earning My Ears
I moved our Sept ressies to the last week of Nov this morning. I paid to up the quick service to the regular plan, but when I asked to pay to upgrade my 8 yo to the adult plan, I was nicely told that Disney no longer did that. :sad:

I just wanted to make sure that this info was correct and that I'm not missing anything.

I'm still excited to get free dining!:thumbsup2

I moved our Sept ressies to the last week of Nov this morning. I paid to up the quick service to the regular plan, but when I asked to pay to upgrade my 8 yo to the adult plan, I was nicely told that Disney no longer did that. :sad:

I just wanted to make sure that this info was correct and that I'm not missing anything.

I'm still excited to get free dining!:thumbsup2
No, it's not correct. I would call back and speak to another CM. But, remember, you do have to pay for an adult ticket upgrade when you update the child's age to get the DDP.

I just did it 3 weeks ago. $20.22 to upgrade my 8 year old to 10 years old for our trip. Well worth it for better food choices! I would call back and speak to someone else.

When I was there in December, I was told no way when I asked about upgrading my daughter's dining to the adult plan. They went round and round with at least 2 managers and someone on the phone....

I was very disappointed because she prefers some of the healthier options available to adults versus pizza and chicken with fries!

I'd be very sad to learn that it was possible! :(

When I was there in December, I was told no way when I asked about upgrading my daughter's dining to the adult plan. They went round and round with at least 2 managers and someone on the phone....

I was very disappointed because she prefers some of the healthier options available to adults versus pizza and chicken with fries!

I'm pretty sure it is only possible if you classify her as a Disney adult ticket wise, so you would have had to purchase her park tickets at the adult price in order to do this.

We are planning on going in September of this year, and my oldest will still be 2. I contemplated saying he was 3 so he could get his own meal, but unless he suddenly starts eating more, he'll just get food off of our plates. The ticket issue wouldn't be such a big deal since we'll be getting him an AP in October, it would just mean we'd have gotten it a month early (thank you FL resident monthly payment plan, lol).

:(

Were you trying to upgrade her when you were already at the resort? Any changes to the dining plan have to be made no later than 3 days before your check in date (2 days if DVC) so if you were already there that may have been why it couldn't be done.

They could not accomodate you because you were already there. You would have to have upgraded your child at least 3 days before check in and you would have had to paid the price difference at that time.

You can no upgrade your child to a 10+ adult at check in, you can do it through Disney reservations up to 3 days before check in;.

Well i have my 3 boys on the adult plan!

One of my boys will be 10 on the 1st day of our trip and so i knew that his 2 brothers who are 7 would be pretty mad at the kids offerings when he is eating steak :rotfl: so I called up and upgraded them,I was told twice that it was not possible even though i kept telling her that i knew it had been done she then asked a manager and was told no by her too!!!

SOOO I called back another time and had my childrens ages changed so i could upgrade them the only thing i had to do was pay the difference in costs between the Child ticket and the Adult ticket, So YES it can be done..:thumbsup2

Also i think its the newer CMs who dont realise this can be done as my friend did hers too the other day she just called up and said she wanted her children upgraded and was told NO PROBLEM.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter