No kids menu at CS?

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
When there are no kids options on CS menus, then the kids can order anything right? Like at Pizza Planet, the kids would just get a pizza. My question is, what type of credit do they charge you for? Do you just tell them it's for a kid and they charge you for a kids credit or do you have to use an adult credit?

When there is no child menu, children choose from the regular menu. They're "charged" a child credit.

A Question though, I go up and order for my family,(4A,2C), DH gets the table with the two children and the two adult children help me. Do I have to tell the CM that 2 of these meals are for children? If I only ordered 3 adult meals because we were sharing ,how do you prevent the problem of deducting the wrong CS credit?

Yes, that is my question too. I order for our family. Do I have to tell them that 2 of these meals are for kids and 2 are for adults, or will they just credit me 2A and 2C? What if we only order 2 things, can I tell them these are for the kids, or would they just charge me 1A and 1C, or even 2A? I can see were this could get confusing really quickly for the CMs. If they have to ring in the child credits completely seperate then I need to tell them before they start ringing anything in, correct?

You're ordering 3 meals for 2A and 2C. Sounds like 1.5 A credits and 1.5 C credits. It's likely the adults will be eating more than the kids, maybe the kids will be sharing one meal. Who is to say the "correct CS credits" isn't 2A and 1C.:confused3

That said the CM will probably go along with the 2A1C request. It's certainly possibly your kids will each be eating a meal and you and your spouse will be splitting a meal....this point may not apply to you....... but if too many greedy guests decide to use their child credits at Pizza Planet but none of their adult credits Disney will just put in a kids menu. That would be a lot easier than just saying the first 2 meals ordered will be charged as adult, the second and third could be Child.

The fact that Disney is allowing kids to order off the adult menu doesn't mean that Disney intends adults to be eating meals bought with child credits.

My guess is we'll be seeing kids menus sooner rather than later.

A Question though, I go up and order for my family,(4A,2C), DH gets the table with the two children and the two adult children help me. Do I have to tell the CM that 2 of these meals are for children? If I only ordered 3 adult meals because we were sharing ,how do you prevent the problem of deducting the wrong CS credit?

It would be a good idea to put a child's portion of the adult menu at CS, then it would be clear to the CM that one is ordering a child meal or an adult meal. I think that most of us want to follow the rules correctly as Disney states. I would hate to see the DDP disappear because of the abuse of the plan by some.

You're ordering 3 meals for 2A and 2C. Sounds like 1.5 A credits and 1.5 C credits. It's likely the adults will be eating more than the kids, maybe the kids will be sharing one meal. Who is to say the "correct CS credits" isn't 2A and 1C.:confused3

That said the CM will probably go along with the 2A1C request. It's certainly possibly your kids will each be eating a meal and you and your spouse will be splitting a meal....this point may not apply to you....... but if too many greedy guests decide to use their child credits at Pizza Planet but none of their adult credits Disney will just put in a kids menu. That would be a lot easier than just saying the first 2 meals ordered will be charged as adult, the second and third could be Child.

The fact that Disney is allowing kids to order off the adult menu doesn't mean that Disney intends adults to be eating meals bought with child credits.

My guess is we'll be seeing kids menus sooner rather than later.

But what if my kids actually are the ones eating the pizza and the adults are getting their CS lunch somewhere else (ie my mom is diabetic and doesn't do well with pizza crust). If the first two meals are automatically deducted from adult credits, she's stuck trying to use a child's credit somewhere else. And I don't think she'll be happy with an Uncrustable!

I can't stand the pizza in the theme parks, I wouldn't be eating it either. It sure sounds like some people are planning to use kids credits at Pizza Planet to feed adult meals to adults.

I can't see Disney checking to make sure adults aren't eating the pizza. I can't see Disney verifying that the adults used their credits at other CS restaurants for the same meal period.

Disney has made it clear they don't want adults eating adult meals purchased with kids credits. I think we'll be seeing a kids menu sooner rather than later.

But what if my kids actually are the ones eating the pizza and the adults are getting their CS lunch somewhere else (ie my mom is diabetic and doesn't do well with pizza crust). If the first two meals are automatically deducted from adult credits, she's stuck trying to use a child's credit somewhere else. And I don't think she'll be happy with an Uncrustable!

If kids menus will ultiimately be introduced at Casey's and Pizza Planet, it will be interesting to see what they put on them. It's bad enough that you can't get a kid burger at Pecos Bills, kid fish at CHH or kid pizza at Pizzafari. Imagine stopping at the hot dog place and being told that your child can only have a pb&j uncrustable. Or going to Pizza Planet (where the only thing they serve is pizza) and finding out your kid has to order chilled chicken.

And being on DDP is not the only issue with this. If I'm not on DDP, I'll still be forced to order an adult meal for my kids, since they do not eat pb&j (even I won't eat it) and I wouldn't feed chilled chicken to them at home, why would I do it at WDW?

Ya know. . .maybe my children do NOT eat real healthy. . .BUT has anyone LOOKED at the CHILLED CHICKEN!!??? It looks GROSS!!!!:crazy2:

Looks good to me. As a matter of fact, it looks pretty much like my lunch from Not Your Average Joe's on Monday.

Sounds like we need some of these early Jan. people to get back and give us the scoop! I am planning on heading over to PP to get pizza for my ds & dd. After we pick up their food we will head over to get a 'real meal' for dh & I:rotfl: ! I would not be happy if I got charged for an adult credit for the kids.

On a side note: Why do they not have personal pizza's for kids?:confused3

Sounds like we need some of these early Jan. people to get back and give us the scoop! I am planning on heading over to PP to get pizza for my ds & dd. After we pick up their food we will head over to get a 'real meal' for dh & I:rotfl: ! I would not be happy if I got charged for an adult credit for the kids.

On a side note: Why do they not have personal pizza's for kids?:confused3

Adult abuse, when they had kid's size pizza and a price to match, adults bought them. Sometimes you truly have to feel sorry for those at Disney that have to stay a step ahead.

You have to wonder what their meetings are like, Disney Disney exec. waiting for abuse report, "How bad is it today on the front lines?"

"Well let's see, a kid went in and purchased 15 kid size pizzas and went back to his table of 14 adults and one kid. The kid was iffy, I swear he looked 15, he had whiskers."

Disney exec: "Anything else"

"Yep a CM at Pop reported seeing some Mom in curlers and fuzzy slippers, carrying a wash tub to the food court and leave with Coke in it."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter