No illuminations dessert party :(

afabawab

Earning My Ears
I'm getting married at sea breeze pointe on October 11 (yay!) and was looking forward to having an illuminations dessert party on October 13. To my great disappointment they have no venues available that whole weekend other than the night before the ceremony :( would love to do the fantasmic option, but that's out of the budget. Anyone have any suggestions? By the way, I would love to be able to wear my dress for the event as well....

Ask your planner about doing a Wishes dessert party. I'm having a Wishes party the night of my wedding at the Contemporary's West Rotunda Patio. The F&B minimum is $500, and there's no venue rental fee.

You can also do a wishes dessert party at the grand Floridian on the marina or sago cay point!

I'm getting married at sea breeze pointe on October 11 (yay!) and was looking forward to having an illuminations dessert party on October 13. To my great disappointment they have no venues available that whole weekend other than the night before the ceremony :( would love to do the fantasmic option, but that's out of the budget. Anyone have any suggestions? By the way, I would love to be able to wear my dress for the event as well....

Why not do it the night before the ceremony if that is when it is free? Sounds like a really special rehearsal dinner event. I understand about wanting to wear your dress, but hey, an excuse for a fun party dress!

We are getting married on Sept 1st and having our rehearsal dinner the night before at the Contemporary. The dinner is in one of the ballrooms but afterwards we are having a dessert party right outside at the Porte Cochere which is right near the ballrooms (at the Contemporary). You can choose any menu u want (we are having a sundae station & mini pastries) but you can see the castle and fireworks clearly at the magic kingdom. We went to check it out one night to see how the fireworks looked and it was awesome. We are also having a sound system brought in so we can pump in the music from the fireworks show as it is going off.

We are getting married on Sept 1st and having our rehearsal dinner the night before at the Contemporary. The dinner is in one of the ballrooms but afterwards we are having a dessert party right outside at the Porte Cochere which is right near the ballrooms (at the Contemporary). You can choose any menu u want (we are having a sundae station & mini pastries) but you can see the castle and fireworks clearly at the magic kingdom. We went to check it out one night to see how the fireworks looked and it was awesome. We are also having a sound system brought in so we can pump in the music from the fireworks show as it is going off.

Are you getting married Sept 1 this year?? I am too!

We are doing the Wishes DP at Sago Cay at the Grand Floridian. We have 50 people. We will also be including an open bar and our total will be around 3,500. You could make a cheaper buffet price too, ours is 32.00 per person.

Sorry didn't finish my thought- you will love that location, we had that option too but since our ceremony and reception are both at the Grand Floridian we wanted to go to another location for our rehearsal dinner and the Port Cochere has a great fireworks view. For dinner and dessert party for 31 people is about $4500, but that includes a little over $500 for the sound package.

Are you getting married Sept 1 this year?? I am too!

We are doing the Wishes DP at Sago Cay at the Grand Floridian. We have 50 people. We will also be including an open bar and our total will be around 3,500. You could make a cheaper buffet price too, ours is 32.00 per person.

Thanks, I am considering Sago Cay for the night of the ceremony!

Why not do it the night before the ceremony if that is when it is free? Sounds like a really special rehearsal dinner event. I understand about wanting to wear your dress, but hey, an excuse for a fun party dress!

I agree with this. Do your DP the night before as your rehearsal party - and get a wonderful party dress.

Linda

Have you asked about Germany? It can do 10-100 depending on how much of the four parts you take, but they can only be reserved ten days out. View is pretty good.

I agree with this. Do your DP the night before as your rehearsal party - and get a wonderful party dress.

Linda

The only reason I didn't want to do this is because our guests might be rushed to get there after an afternoon flight into Orlando.

Have you asked about Germany? It can do 10-100 depending on how much of the four parts you take, but they can only be reserved ten days out. View is pretty good.

And I didn't know this...do you happen to know anything about pricing?

There are 4 different "promenades" in Germany. Promenades A and B combined hold a minimum of 26 and a maximum of 50. The venue rental fee is $300,
and the food and beverage minimum is $580. Promenades A, B and C combined hold 5175, with a $500 venue fee and a $1,200 food and beverage minimum. Promenades AD combined hold 51100, with the same venue fee and food and beverage minimum. Promenades B, C or D each hold 1025, with venue fees of $250 and food and beverage minimums of $580.

You can see photos of the fireworks view from the pavilion here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/germany-pavilion-epcot/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter