• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Handy Manny at WDW?

HappyHammer

Mouseketeer
I just heard that Handy Manny has been replaced by Goofy at Hollywood Vine for the Disney Junior breakfast. Please say this isn't so as my daughters have been desperate to meet him for years and we were hoping to finally get the chance this Summer. Do you know if we can meet him anywhere else? I know he is not on the TV much these days but he still has a place in our hearts and my daughters since my oldest (now 7 years old) first got into Disney Junior.

Its such a shame as we can see Goofy at so many other places. They seem to keep replacing the rarer characters with the fab 5 everywhere.

He is officially gone from WDW. His show isn’t on anymore so they likely think he’s not as popular.

When I did the H&V character meal in 2015 he was there .. and way back then his show was old news on the channel. (My son never saw it). Now . .I don't think it airs at all, so they are just adjusting to their current lineup (even though they seem to rarely add in characters for the newer shows (except for Elena (which isn't really a Disney Junior show exclusively)).

Replacing him with a more current Disney Jr character would have been a good idea....but Goofy is a bummer.

Replacing him with a more current Disney Jr character would have been a good idea....but Goofy is a bummer.
It is Roadster Racer Goofy so it is a current Disney Junior character. It was probably a cheap option since all they had to do was have a new costume for an existing character instead of making a new one.

It is Roadster Racer Goofy so it is a current Disney Junior character. It was probably a cheap option since all they had to do was have a new costume for an existing character instead of making a new one.
Ah, that makes sense.

I’m sorry, but we were there last week and it was Roadster Racer Goofy - no Handy Manny. My boys were psyched since they’re big fans of the new Mickey show and they really don’t know who Handy Manny is. He’s just not a current, popular character, and the show hasn’t had new episodes in years with reruns also being rare. But I’m sorry it will be a disappointment for your family!

So breakfast at H&V is now Sofia, Doc McStuffins, Jake the Never Land Pirate, and Roadster Racer Goofy? I.e., RRG replaced Handy Manny at breakfast?

(I know the Disney Jr. characters are no longer there lunch or dinner. Wish they'd stick with non-'fab five' characters for breakfast, but I understand its whatever is most popular on tv.)

So breakfast at H&V is now Sofia, Doc McStuffins, Jake the Never Land Pirate, and Roadster Racer Goofy? I.e., RRG replaced Handy Manny at breakfast?

(I know the Disney Jr. characters are no longer there lunch or dinner. Wish they'd stick with non-'fab five' characters for breakfast, but I understand its whatever is most popular on tv.)
Nevermind, my bad

I can't remember the last time he was in even in re-runs during the daytime. They will probably replace Jake soon too, I think. It's another show I can't remember the last time there was an episode on.

I would have rather had Mickey or Donald in their Roadster Racer costume than Goofy. Even better would be if they had Vampirina. My DD is 7, but loves that show. She doesn't really care for the Roadster Racer show and would rather occasionally watch the older Clubhouse shows. (if they are before or after Vampirina lol)

I can't remember the last time he was in even in re-runs during the daytime. They will probably replace Jake soon too, I think. It's another show I can't remember the last time there was an episode on.

I would have rather had Mickey or Donald in their Roadster Racer costume than Goofy. Even better would be if they had Vampirina. My DD is 7, but loves that show. She doesn't really care for the Roadster Racer show and would rather occasionally watch the older Clubhouse shows. (if they are before or after Vampirina lol)

My 2 year old does NOT like Vampirina, but he would be beyond thrilled if the Puppy Dog Pals showed up somewhere!

My 2 year old does NOT like Vampirina, but he would be beyond thrilled if the Puppy Dog Pals showed up somewhere!
And on the other hand, my daughter would lose her mind if Vampirina showed up. Not that she doesn't like PDP, but she loves Vampirina.

My kids definitely do not know who Handy Manny is...they barely know Jake and the Neverland Pirates, but Jake was super fun. We went to the H&V breakfast 5/21 for the Jedi sign-up. The breakfast was delicious. The character interaction was great. We left before Goofy came to the table because we had met him at Tusker House:rolleyes1. I wish they would bring back Little Einsteins characters, but the H&V breakfast was a hit.

Yeah I was the only one who did a bit of research to know anything about Handy Manny when we went last year... my DH and DD had NO idea who he was!
of course NOW my DD really has gotten into Jake and the Neverland Pirates... so he will be the next to go, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter