• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

no free dining for Fort ???

kimber23ks

Mouseketeer
Please tell me it isn't so...my hopes will be dashed :(

Read on another Disney board that free dining is NEVER offered to Fort Wilderness campsite guests....is this TRUE ??????

We reserved our site and booked dining, but still have tons of time to toss it around, hoping FREE dining is offered for the time we are going, 10/29 - 11/5/2010.

That just seems unfair to exclude one select group, no? Hopefully, I'm wrong !!!

Campsites-No I haven't looked into the price of the campsites, but I'm sure they are much cheaper than the value resorts. I'm also guessing that you are allowed more than 4 people to a campsite. That would be a bad deal for Disney to offer Free Dining.

Cabins-Yes

Campsites-No I haven't looked into the price of the campsites, but I'm sure they are much cheaper than the value resorts. I'm also guessing that you are allowed more than 4 people to a campsite. That would be a bad deal for Disney to offer Free Dining.

Cabins-Yes

Squirrel is right. The cabins get it, but the camp sites do not. This subject comes up every year. What has been said is that when Disney first offered free dining, the camp sites were included, but then they found that people were booking the tent sites (with alot of people listed on the reservations), not using them, staying offsite, but getting free dining because they had booked a cheap tent site. This also meant that people who really did want to camp, didn't have sites available because of all the phantom guests.

No they are not, but I can see why. We bring out travel trailer to Disney to camp in a premium site and this is 98.00 a night, Cheaper than a value and more people can fit on a site. Plus the problem of people booking a tent site and not staying there. A few bad apples ruin the whole bunch.

Wow, what a shame for those of us who have booked a "legit" site !!!!

That said we will really have to weight this out. Maybe the QS option is our best bet.

We really plan on doing breakfast and lunch on our own and were looking to the dining plan for snacks and a few sit down dinners. The fact that we will have to buy it for EVERY day is a drawback as well as not being able to get TS vouchers only.

Is there a way to use your CS for TS? That might work for us too.....

Wow, what a shame for those of us who have booked a "legit" site !!!!

That said we will really have to weight this out. Maybe the QS option is our best bet.

We really plan on doing breakfast and lunch on our own and were looking to the dining plan for snacks and a few sit down dinners. The fact that we will have to buy it for EVERY day is a drawback as well as not being able to get TS vouchers only.

Is there a way to use your CS for TS? That might work for us too.....

No you can't, but maybe if you are not eating in the parks a lot or even if you are, just use the amount that you plan on spending on food and purchase GCs than it will still be paid for ahead of time. We get the dining plan, but do this for extra spending money. I just buy a set amount each week until time for our trip than I need very little cash or CC spending.

sorry Disney campers,,,what are GCs (still learning all the acronyms !)....I like the idea of having our 'on the fly' food while in the parks pain for ahead of time, and of course want to make ADRs for our sit-downs, and would love to have those paid for ahead of time as well...that way we only have to put out $$$ for a trip to Publix or Walmart when we first get there, souvenirs, and such.

aaahh, got it GIFT CARDS....lol, lol.

yes, that is a good idea too

I can buy them ahead of time at disneygo.com??

the more I think about I really like the GC idea, and I have plenty of time to space it out since not going until end of Oct 2010

my husband calculated approx $200/day in expenses during our last trip in '07; so even if I start now and shoot for a $100 card each month until we will have about $800-900 to go

if we have a balance on cards when it is time to go I guess we can use them for souvenirs then...

where is the link for disney shopping...cant seem to find it??

As the others have said no FD for the campsites. I guess since I think up to 10 are allowed Disney would really be losing money.

You can also get the GC at most of the stores that have the larger variety of GCs. I see them all the time at Walgreens.

Yep and you can buy them anytime from disney shopping.

And, if you sign up at ebates.com, you can order the gift cards through the Disney store link and end up with a 3% cash back credit. I did this last year for our trip as well as for all my holiday shopping.

It doesn't cost anything to do it either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter