NO formal night on 4-day?

Blue Eeyore

Mouseketeer
A DIS veteran just answered one of my posts and said there's no formal night on the 4-day cruise. Is this TRUE? NO ONE ELSE has pointed this out to me. I will be SO HAPPY if it's true. Sorry, just want to double-check. THANKS!

True Indeed, and taken from the DIS:

The evening's attire is determined by the day, not the restaurant. On the 7 day cruises you will have a formal night, semi-formal, Pirate/tropical night and four "Cruise Casual" nights. (Disney Cruise Line will provide a brochure for tuxedo rentals prior to your cruise.)

On the 3 and 4 day cruises you will have one night that is designated "dress-up." Gentleman will be asked to wear a jacket and ladies either a dress or pantsuit.

As noted above, Palo has it's own dress policy.

Okay, thanks. I'm glad I asked. To me, formal and dress-up means the same thing, lol. We are shorts and t-shirt people. So on the dress up night, do MOST people dress up? Is a jacket REQUIRED? THANKS!

We're going on a 4-night in March and for dress-up night, my husband is just going to wear a dress shirt and tie. I've heard some men wear jackets but a lot don't - we just don't want to pack one - more room in the suitcase.:yay:
The other nights he's wearing polo shirts or collared, short-sleeve 'tropical' shirts.

pirate:

On a four night cruise a jacket isn't mandatory, and as for Palos no shorts and gentlemen are require to wear collared shirts.

We have never done the 4 day, only the 7 nighter. I just want to add that my DH NEVER wore a jacket, nor a tie. He did wear clean dress pants, and dress shirts. I wore sundresses, capris, and the like, never a ball gown or anything close to it.. We never felt underdressed. We saw a WIDE range of everything.

Basically for me, it is NO shorts in the dining rooms...But that is my experience.

Just wanted to add that for ya...:thumbsup2

We have never done the 4 day, only the 7 nighter. I just want to add that my DH NEVER wore a jacket, nor a tie. He did wear clean dress pants, and dress shirts. I wore sundresses, capris, and the like, never a ball gown or anything close to it.. We never felt underdressed. We saw a WIDE range of everything.

Basically for me, it is NO shorts in the dining rooms...But that is my experience.

We have done the opposite - only 4 nighters, never the 7. Want to trade places? :)

We only really dress up for Palo, and that is either dress pants or skirt and nice top for me, and buttondown shirt (most likely with tie) and dress pants for hubby. I did make him bring a jacket for the first cruise, but not since then (he will never forgive me). Brunch at Palo is a polo shirt affair with dockers. We also never do shorts in the dining rooms, and no jeans either because ages ago that was the advice in the literature you received from DCL. We did have the kids in jeans and a polo shirt a few times just because we didn't have that many pair of non-jean pants for the boys. Don't stress about wardrobe - you will see just about everything!

One thing we remembered to do last time was pack some pirate-like clothing for the kids for pirate night. Better than having to buy it on the ship!pirate:

We did our only four night cruise in Dec and had no formal clothing, but one night was dress up and quite a few people were very dressed up. My son's friend forgot his long pants at home, so he had shorts on every night in the dining room and no one cared--or maybe they posted here that they did, but I haven't read it yet. For just a four night I didn't want to have to take the extra suits, dresses etc, and it worked out fine for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter