NO Flash Photography!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I am riding PotC and the flash is coming from my boat...I will say something to whoever it is....cup your hands around your mouth and say in a pleasant tone "No flash photography, please"

Make yourself sound like a CM....and it works most of the time....

...I thought that one would be absolute common sense that pictures wouldn't come out but guess that is not the case.

Good ole common sense is one of those things that seems to be at a premium in our society these days. That and common courtesy which are both getting harder to come by at DW... and everywhere else too, unfortunately. :(

Since they put the Johnny Depp character in POC it really has gotten bad. I went on the ride twice while in WDW the beginning of May and I was too much of a wimp to say anything but the one ride there was a man in front of me and his father in front of him both taking flash pictures on both sides of the boat. the flash from the guy in front of me was blinding, I did make a comment about the flash being so bright, but it fell on deaf ears.
Although in some peoples defense, the announcement in the beginning of the ride is not very loud, and it is done just as your boat is moving, I really wish they would make the annoucemnent louder, maybe some people do not hear it.
I had to laugh at a guy taking flash pictures on Soarin, I mean, come on, you are taking pictures of a movie screen!

I loved riding POtC for the first time after its rehab, a mother and daughter sitting directly behind us had a contest to see who could take the most flash photos, after every shot one or the other would yell out "I got that" or "You missed that but I got a picture of it". This went on the entire ride with probably 40-50 pictures being taken between them. Started to say something to them but decided Pirates already pretty much ruined for me and noticing the rather large, surly looking male sitting with them decided it might be better not to start a controntation.

Maybe the CMs need a "Davey Jones Locker" button for flash photographers, press it and the offender drops through the bottom of the boat and into the depths.

DisDeac

I would not take a photo of a dark ride but I have taken them on IASW because it is allowed.If it is allowed then I am ok with it,I try to be thoughtfull of others but its my vacation too and if I am not breaking the rules then I am ok.

The flash photographers on Soarin' are lucky they're nowhere near me 'cause I'd find a way to "Oopsie, I knocked your camera out of your hand and now it's shattered down there on the ground. Can't help it, I have a rare form of Tourettes with a tic that only comes out around extreme rudeness."

Seriously, I'd see "flashers" on the WDW Soarin' and a CM has come on and told them to stop, and they actually did.

Had one a the DCA Soarin' right next to hubby, who must have been in La La Land 'cause he still hadn't said anything after the third flash, which was only maybe a frickin' minute into the movie. Finally I said, "If you don't get that guy to knock it off, I'm gonna slip out of my seatbelt, climb over you, and do it myself!" (I had already shot off some choice epitaths but the guy couldn't hear me over the soundtrack). Needless to say, hubby put a stop to it 'cause he knew I probably would carry out my threat! DO NOT mess with my enjoyment of my favorite ride.

Okay, I feel compelled to share this. Feel free to label me a grinch.

We rode POTC (our faaaavorite) and were subjected to flash after flash after, oh you get the idea...

So, there was no line when we exited and we both said at the same time "Let's try it again."

When we got to the loading area we (with a smile) requested a "no flash photography boat" and, happily, the CM caught on immediately. He must have said 50 freakin' times to those in our boat "No flash photography, please!" We were elated....yup, you know what's coming here, until the first guldarned flash, and then another, and then another........I lost it. "Excuse me, ma'am, I believe the CM said NO flash photography." "No, he didn't", she replied haughtily. "Yes, he did" said my friend. (Envision two second graders here "did", din't") Finally she says, "Well, is my picture taking annoying you?" You bet your sweet a-- is what I was thinking but I did manage enough control to say "Well, yes it is."

And, much to the entire boat's surprise she didn't take another picture. However, we've decided there is little hope for the human species, selves included.

Perhaps we should make polite little cards that we can give to these flash offenders...Like "What Part of NO Flash Photography Didn't You Understand???" It would be so great if people would just be considerate of other people. I know, I know, you're going to say "Just let it go!" and I usually do, but sometimes I just have to speak up!

Whew, rant over, blood pressure dropping, sorry...

Not only is the flash photography annoying, but the bright screens from the video/cameras are annoying in any dark ride. Wished I had a water balloon the last time we rode Nemo...might stock up on them next trip.

I agree!! There's a reason they say no flash and if those are the rules then they should be followed.. If we all love Disney that much, let's have the common curtesy to obey the rules. :)

The flash photographers on Soarin' are lucky they're nowhere near me 'cause I'd find a way to "Oopsie, I knocked your camera out of your hand and now it's shattered down there on the ground. Can't help it, I have a rare form of Tourettes with a tic that only comes out around extreme rudeness."

Seriously, I'd see "flashers" on the WDW Soarin' and a CM has come on and told them to stop, and they actually did.

Had one a the DCA Soarin' right next to hubby, who must have been in La La Land 'cause he still hadn't said anything after the third flash, which was only maybe a frickin' minute into the movie. Finally I said, "If you don't get that guy to knock it off, I'm gonna slip out of my seatbelt, climb over you, and do it myself!" (I had already shot off some choice epitaths but the guy couldn't hear me over the soundtrack). Needless to say, hubby put a stop to it 'cause he knew I probably would carry out my threat! DO NOT mess with my enjoyment of my favorite ride.

Amen Sista!

You and I could be a tag team!

I agree!! There's a reason they say no flash and if those are the rules then they should be followed.. If we all love Disney that much, let's have the common curtesy to obey the rules. :)

Well, good luck on that one...I'm amazed at the number of people who feel just because they bought a ticket they can do whatever they want, many times jepoaridizing (sp?) the comfort and safety of others, and in certain cases, themselves. :rolleyes1

Welcome to the WDW - one of the cradles of human stupidity.

If you use the flash
and you blind someone

Or in gen-er-al
you wreck all the fun

Then it's time you're aware
This is not just a scare

We are nooot aaaa-mused

Weee will take your cam-era

And wooooon't give back!!!

If you use the flash
and you blind someone

Or in gen-er-al
you wreck all the fun

Then it's time you're aware
This is not just a scare

We are nooot aaaa-mused

And wooooon't give back!!!

Sounds like a Disney tune!! Maybe they should hang that up on a wall as you're entering a ride or have a CM sing it :rotfl:

Does iasw have a "no flash" policy?

Yes, IASW does have a no flash photography policy. It may not be the case now as I'm sure the technology has been updated, but flash photography was initially prohibited on the rides with audio-animatronics because it damaged them.

That being said, I asked the CM the last time I rode IASW if photos were now allowed since so many had taken them on a previous ride through and she said they officially aren't but it's not enforced. I actually took some that ride through and LOVED it as IASW is my all-time favorite ride and now I have interior pics to scrapbook!

I am always appalled by the flash photos on Pirates, though. You could hardly see the Captain Jack treasure scene due to all the stinking flashes going off. :furious:

Agreed-we just got back and Pirates was terrible this trip. I made several comments but did not do any good. I did speak to a CM afterwords and asked why nothing was said over the speaker like they used to during the ride if someone was taking pictures. I know it has also been discussed if maybe it has caused seizures for some epileptics because of the constant flashes. Just wondering. I have not had any problems since my surgery but wonder if it could cause problems for others??:confused3 Of course I did have headaches from the piercing screams and yelling from the big groups of teens from Grad Nights I am assuming. What they found funny about screaming and yelling through Pirates for 10 minutes.......I was about ready to take a swim!!;)

This also happened to us last month! We were also on POTC and some guy was flashing pictures at every turn. It totally messed up the feel of the entire ride. :mad:

Please, obey the rules! ::cop:

I know Splash Mountain has a no flash policy which is violated frequently.
A few years ago when I was on Splash Mountain someone in the log in front of us was taking pictures with a flash, then the ride just stopped. An announcement came on and said no flash photography and after that the guest taking the pictures had stopped.

I think everyone needs to take out their handy dandy manuals and find out how to 'DISABLE' their flash.

That's right. Most modern digital cameras can take pictures withOUT the flash, you just gotta TELL your camera to do that (just dig up the ole manual, stick it the bathroom and have a good read). :bitelip:

And if anyone is is the market for a new (compact) digital camera that can take AWESOME pics withOUT a flash, then please look into the Fuji F-series cams. I have the Fuji F31... and it can practically SEE in the dark, no annoying flash required. pixiedust:

Most pics from cams turn out GRAINY when you don't use flash, but not the little Fujis. Really I don't work for them, I'm just thrilled I found something that is 'almost' as good as my dSLR when I don't want to lug it around.

I actually bring a battery powered strobe light to annoy people. It's a lot easier than using the flash and when they announce, "no flash photography", I don't have to listen.:smokin:

I'm confused. If someone flashes me and I take a photograph of them, which one of us has violated the policy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter