No Fireworks / Shows Really Changed Disneyworld

Are the Fireworks/Shows a deciding factor of when you will return to Disneyworld?

• Absolutely! They are a huge part of the experience

Votes: 149 73.8%
  • No, it’s not a big deal for me

Votes: 53 26.2%

• Total voters
Do the still have the varied background music as you walk around the parks?

I’ve been back since covid so no fireworks or shows didn’t stop me from going, but I definitely missed them.

Like you I have been a few times since the reduced experience was implemented. They have been great trips, but after this SB trip we'll sit out until the big shows, parades, FP+(!) and fireworks return. We currently have a trip booked for next Feb, but we will punt later in the year if things don't seem to be pulling together by then.

The only time I've ever done Disney with no nightly fireworks were when the kids were little and would get cranky staying up that late. Other than that time frame, I always stayed for them. It seemed like the cherry on top of the day and was the right tone to send me floating out of the park. When AK opened, I was weirded out that there were no fireworks, of course, understanding the reason why!

As for the parades and shows, I'm the only one in my family who has ever liked them from when I was growing up to now. I mostly missed them because no one else wanted to watch with me. When the kids were little, I insisted on doing them as they were a great mid day break anyway. Sit them on the curb with some ice cream and watch the characters go by. The only show my family has ever liked were the stunt ones at the studios.

I can't imagine Epcot without the entertainment. It was so nice to happen upon those strolling through World Showcase. We were there in 2019, and stopped by every one. My kids had a blast getting pulled into Sergio's show especially.

I will miss the shows and live entertainment when we go in April. The parades were always a "if we are in the right spot at the time type thing" unless we were at a party with a special parade - Halloween and Christmas. Never cared for Fantasmic. Illuminations will be missed but looking forward to the new show and fireworks in the MK were a hard pass unless we were there for a party. They were nice to enjoy from our hotel if we were staying in one of the MK hotels but otherwise NO WAY did we do those crowds.

It's the sum of all of it for me. It's skipping through the park to Christmas music with light up jingle ears. It's the smile on my son's face when he enters Galaxy's Edge. It was his eyes when we discovered my anxious careful son LOVES roller coasters. My husband and daughter don't. My daughter will go on them though sometimes. She loves the shows. Hates the parades. Loves the fireworks. We all love the characters. Our favorite thing is when we see them in the wild. We found Peter Pan playing with his shadow one early morning PPO by the castle on our way to CRT. It's the way my daughter spots a CM covered in pins and runs up to them and strikes up a conversation. It's the way my shy quiet son once told a complete stranger a joke and I about cried when they made him a special Disney button for best joke teller in the whole park. It's that same kid sitting on a dirty carpet in line for a ride next to a kid who doesn't speak the same language but they both understand Pokemon. It's the cookies and hot chocolate at the Christmas party. Space mountain in the dark. It's being upset that something is closed/broken down but knowing I'll have something to save for the next trip.

I don't want just some of it. I want all of it.

Yes. I went on an adults trip in September. 2 of us had been many times and 1 had not been ever. It was fun, and fine, but I did miss the shows. Even if I didn't watch the fireworks, I enjoyed the ambience, and the low crowds during them. LOL. I won't take my kids back until some things are back.

Just got back on March 6th, we liked being able to travel but with so many things at the parks closed, no shows, no fireworks it was definitely not the experience we look forward to. We have annual passes and are DVC members all the changes have really disappointed us. The experience is nowhere near what it was and feel badly for people who do not have a pass since cost has not changed. Surprised me that there were no shuttles from the parking lot and no rail transportation to Epcot. With no fastpasses and the limited things that are open lines were long for rides that were open. Hope things can change soon. Please don't eliminate the Magical Express part of the adventure.

We love the fireworks (don’t really care about the shows or parades). On our last visit in 2019 we watched Happily Ever After almost every night (unless at HS or Epcot and then watched the fireworks there) from different locations. 2x while in MK, during dinners at Ohana’s, CA Grill, and Narcoose’s and from Top of the World at BLT. That was our first trip since HEA started and although really miss the old show (mostly for nostalgic reasons, remembering watching it when kids little and with my parents and sisters family) we thoroughly enjoyed HEA. We don’t have our next trip planned, but will go sometime in 2022 and hoping the fireworks are back or the trip won’t be the same for our family.

I loved the fireworks. DH doesn't do so many rides anymore, but enjoys the shows.

My DD is concerned we will be sad with so much missing. But the reasons we are taking the trip in 4 weeks is, DD and her kids still have active AP that expire soon. Kids are starting to get back into school, so don't want to take them out in the fall and the summer heat is too much for us.

When the most intense rides are not your thing and you love the shows and fireworks there has to be a "hole" in your WDW visit. I am hoping these things will be back by summer. We must visit in July or lose DVC points.

It's the sum of all of it for me. It's skipping through the park to Christmas music with light up jingle ears. It's the smile on my son's face when he enters Galaxy's Edge. It was his eyes when we discovered my anxious careful son LOVES roller coasters. My husband and daughter don't. My daughter will go on them though sometimes. She loves the shows. Hates the parades. Loves the fireworks. We all love the characters. Our favorite thing is when we see them in the wild. We found Peter Pan playing with his shadow one early morning PPO by the castle on our way to CRT. It's the way my daughter spots a CM covered in pins and runs up to them and strikes up a conversation. It's the way my shy quiet son once told a complete stranger a joke and I about cried when they made him a special Disney button for best joke teller in the whole park. It's that same kid sitting on a dirty carpet in line for a ride next to a kid who doesn't speak the same language but they both understand Pokemon. It's the cookies and hot chocolate at the Christmas party. Space mountain in the dark. It's being upset that something is closed/broken down but knowing I'll have something to save for the next trip.

I don't want just some of it. I want all of it.

I get it!!!
Your post made my eyes tear.....

We went to WDW in October after changing plans from Disneyland. A big part of Disneyland for us was fantasmic and world of color. We are the suckers who pay for the dessert parties and dinner packages. We just love it. In October we deff felt a missing piece. We aren’t planning a return to any Disney park as a family until June 2022. I may stop in during a work trip in December tho. I will be so happy if a night time show returns that I can see while there. We had a good time in October but I echo what others are saying. The price hasn’t changed for less options, shorter hours, and an experience that isn’t the same. What worries me is people- including myself- still paid it. It makes me worry for the incentive to bring these things back.

I’m not rebooking until one of two things happens: shows and other streetmosphere elements return or my daughter ages out of characters and we can do a rides-only trip.

My last trip was with my two older boys who don’t really care about the characters, parades, etc. Ironically, if my next WDW trip were with them, the lack of entertainment wouldn’t be a dealbreaker. But it’s my much younger daughter’s turn to go, and we’ve had to cancel three times now (serious illness, COVID shutdown, travel restrictions). She likes rides, but the reason we’re doing a special trip for her is to focus on the storytelling of Disney. Until that comes back, the reduced experience doesn’t justify the premium price tag.

It's not any one thing, but there's too many things missing now. We love HEA, shows, interactions...with characters or others. I need it to be 'normal' before I return. WDW is a special place. I won't dare tarnish the experience knowing there's no chance of attempting the fun of prior trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter