No Fast Pass Plus....Big Mistake?

"Big mistake"? Probably yes. The days of spontaneously deciding which park to go to are pretty much over. It makes me sad, but it's the reality of FP+. I'd make some FPs right away so you at least have something - no harm, no foul if you don't use them, but at least you'll have some!

And at least you'll be leaps and bounds ahead of the many visitors who know nothing about FP+ before they arrive!

Big mistake not to book SOMETHING. It's free and if you can't make it, its OK. If you can, than great. We live here and we never wing it. Book three things at a reasonable time just in case. When you sail on past Stand By, you will probably think "not too bad." How hard is it to say "I want Everest, Kilimanjaro and Primeval Whirl.'...

OK I have read all of your responses and am now panicking that I won't be able to get on our favourite rides. Which of course are headliners...:sad: Here I go trying to book something. Thanks everyone for your input. With a week left to go I hope I get something for our favs but we will be there for 16 days so there is hope.

OMG WISH ME LUCK OR PIXIE DUST.pixiedust:

Well I am kind of outta luck for the first part of our trip as it is room only from Aug 11-15 then the 15-26 is Free Dining so can only do FP plus for that part of the trip.

That doesn't sound right at all. You should be able to book it for all the days you have tickets for

what if I miss my first fast pass ride? Can I still go on my other two? My ideal times might be iffy for my first ride depending on how fast my breakfast goes.

Yes, if you miss one doesn't affect the others . But if you know you're going to miss even 10 min before, you can rebook it if you want to

We've done trips where we make fast passes the night before. The chance of that really popular ride is little to none but you'll be able to last minute get some. We do put on random hard to get fast passes where we think we might end up (usually centered around where we are having lunch so we have some around the meal).

Yes, if you miss one doesn't affect the others . But if you know you're going to miss even 10 min before, you can rebook it if you want to
This only works if there are other FPs left, or other times left, fyi. Basically, they keep that spot for you as a courtesy, and if you miss it, you miss it. However, you can always check to see if something else is available, but that is not a guarantee it will be.

OP, just have a few booked. If you don't get 7D, its fine, just ride it before park closing and you can get on. We sometimes get 2 rides in the last hour/half hour of park closing. But just try to at least have a few things.

No matter what ticket you have, you should be able to book 30 days out. I'd say, just keep booking stuff until it says you ran out.

Well I am kind of outta luck for the first part of our trip as it is room only from Aug 11-15 then the 15-26 is Free Dining so can only do FP plus for that part of the trip.
if your room only is an onsite hotel, you can still get them 60 days out if you have valid tickets.....I have only done a package 2x in the past 7 years...

This only works if there are other FPs left, or other times left, fyi. Basically, they keep that spot for you as a courtesy, and if you miss it, you miss it. However, you can always check to see if something else is available, but that is not a guarantee it will be.

Sorry rebook was the wrong word, I meant change it to another fast pass (for anything else available) before you lose it and have to go to the kiosk to get another . If you do that at breakfast -ish time there will be something else available, but maybe not what you were hoping to ride

Myself and my family are in the same boat. We've been to WDW many, times but this will be the first time we've gone since FP+ was implemented (Aug 21-Sept 1). We're very much the case of we decide which park we are doing the day before and play it by ear from there. So will be interesting, and to be honest, dreading it slightly, with FP+.

if your room only is an onsite hotel, you can still get them 60 days out if you have valid tickets.....I have only done a package 2x in the past 7 years...
My tickets are with my second reservation that starts with Free Dining on the 15th. So no tickets with my room only as they will activate the tickets from the Free Dining package when we get there. I don't see an option to select FP for the 11-15th on MDE.

Sorry rebook was the wrong word, I meant change it to another fast pass (for anything else available) before you lose it and have to go to the kiosk to get another . If you do that at breakfast -ish time there will be something else available, but maybe not what you were hoping to ride

Well in this case, it's not a biggie if we miss it. We will be in AK for breakfast and I had FP booked for later in the day Magic Kingdom for Wishes but that would prevent us from getting any earlier in the day. So I booked three at AK in the am after breakfast. We might not make the first one in time but no big deal as Expedition Everest is the important one there as I got the times as early as I could so we can get out of there by lunch and head to MK for the afternoon and hopefully score some FPs there for the good ones.
pixiedust:pixiedust:

My tickets are with my second reservation that starts with Free Dining on the 15th. So no tickets with my room only as they will activate the tickets from the Free Dining package when we get there. I don't see an option to select FP for the 11-15th on MDE.

For August 11-15?? You should be able to (at this point) make your fp for as many days as you have tickets for. Maybe you need a 2nd ticket code?

If you don't have tickets until your Aug. 15 resort stay, how will you be able to go into a park on Aug. 11?

If you don't have tickets until your Aug. 15 resort stay, how will you be able to go into a park on Aug. 11?

When we arrive they can transfer both reservations onto one magic band and activate the tickets when we get there, since it's only three days early ( we will not go to a park on our arrival day).

For August 11-15?? You should be able to (at this point) make your fp for as many days as you have tickets for. Maybe you need a 2nd ticket code?

We have 10 day tickets with the second part of our trip but will be there for 16 days. So I am able to book FP for all the days we have tickets for. Just not the days I want to start using them early.

Booking FP's doesn't really take away flexibility. You don't NEED to use them if you don't want. They won't kick you out of the park. :) If you book FP's, at least you have those rides pretty much gauranteed with a shorter line. Use them or not. Up to you. Still better than not having any at all.

You can still ride any headliner you want without FP's, you are just at the mercy of the standby lines, that's all.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter