• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Expiration Ticket to RFID Ticket

Marth72

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

My family has no expiration tickets and we are wondering if we will be able to transfer the days from our regular paper tickets to a card (or magic band once those become available) that has an RFID chip inside. Has anyone had any experience with this?

We will be traveling to WDW in January 2014 and if Fastpass+ is up and running by then we would like to take advantage of the program. Without tickets that have RFID chips in them we won't be able to do so.

Thanks for the help.

:thanks:

Hi all!

My family has no expiration tickets and

1 - we are wondering if we will be able to transfer the days from our regular paper tickets to a card (or magic band once those become available) that has an RFID chip inside.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

2 - We will be traveling to WDW in January 2014 and if Fastpass+ is up and running by then we would like to take advantage of the program.

3 - Without tickets that have RFID chips in them we won't be able to do so.

Thanks for the help.

:thanks:

1 - Yes, you can do this at any GR location.
2- Me too
3 - Not quite true. If you have your NE "paper" tickets in hand already (as I do), when FP+ comes around you SHOULD be able to scan in your tickets and receive FP+ reservations 60 days out with them. Then, you can exchange those tickets for the RFID ones to use at the FP+ locations to redeem your reservations. That SHOULD work; who knows if it will

Ok how does one "scan in" tickets 60 days in advance to make fp+ reservations?

The choice of words is incorrect.

You would "type in" your ticket number.
(The number printed on the ticket.)

HOWEVER-
I would not do anything in that regard until such time as the "MyDisneyExperience" (MDE) application
was actually WORKING and you hear from Disney (or you read on these boards) that FP+ is being started.

Until then, you are taking a risk doing anything of importance regarding
any kind of reservations with MDE.

Robo said:

HOWEVER-
I would not do anything in that regard until such time as the "MyDisneyExperience" (MDE) application
was actually WORKING and you hear from Disney (or you read on these boards) that FP+ is being started.

Oh, I see.

However, I have an ap that's already exchanged for the RFID kind. No more numbers. And MDE is wonky. This is going to be interesting...

Ok how does one "scan in" tickets 60 days in advance to make fp+ reservations?

HOWEVER-

Actually, you can "scan" in the ticket's bar code with the MDE app for iPad (and I think iPhone too). Or you could type in the ticket's number.

I agree with Robo that you might as well wait before doing that. I don't think that it would muck up your reservation, but there is no benefit until FP+ is rolled out.

Ok, I think I will wait until I know for sure that FP+ has begun for everyone. Thanks for all of the info! This will help me a lot during my trip planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter