No Emergency Room Trips this Trip! 6 nts at DLH July 2013 *completed 10/15/2013*

Since we were at that end of the park, we rode Winnie the pooh, with little to no wait. And then we headed back to Fantasy Land to watch Mickey and the Magical Map. We had to stand in the hot hot sun to line up to get into the theatre, but at least it was shaded in the theatre area. Gavin fell asleep in the stroller on the way over there, so he was grouchy when we had to wake him up. As we were standing in line, he reached up to hold DH's hand and ended up holding some other man's hand. Because he's so stubborn, he just kept holding the stranger's hand and said "I meant to hold his hand, not yours daddy!" because he didn't want to admit that he made a mistake!

The show was fantastic! I was a little worried about the wasps flying around, though, but we didn't get stung.

OMG too funny about your son holding someone elses hand :rotfl2: that sounds like something my son would do

OMG too funny about your son holding someone elses hand :rotfl2: that sounds like something my son would do

Shortly after we got home, I was watching Jimmy Falon and he told a story about going to Disneyland as a kid and grabbing onto a stranger's hand instead of his parent's! I was so embarassed when Gavin wouldn't let go of the man's hand. Good thing he wasn't a kidnapper!

Park day 1 cont

After watching Mickey and the Magical Map, our indecision kind of got the best of us. We had an early, 4pm dinner reservation at Carnation Cafe so we could watch the parade from the patio. It was 3:30 when we left the show, so we were trying to figure out what we could do in 30 minutes. We waited at the train station for a few minutes, but then realized that it was going to be too long of a wait. Then we went over to small world, and same thing, too long of a wait. So we walked down mainstreet and peeked in the shops and bit and then got to Carnation Cafe a bit early. We got a table on the patio, but we didn't have a very good view of the parade. The kids went up to the railing and watched from there.

I ordered the pasta that was on special. I really wanted to try the fried pickles, but I was a little worried because of what happened with the spinach dip the night before, so I didn't chance it. I also had a lemonade which was delicious.

The CMs sang happy birthday to me and I got a bowl of ice cream with mickey sprinkles!

Then we headed over to DCA to watch Aladin. On the way, I spotted a popcorn cart with Dumbo buckets, and couldn't resist! On our last trip, I got the kids Lightening McQueens from Flo's with their lunch, and they like keeping their little toys in them. The Dumbos are great toy containers too.

We watched Aladin on our first trip, but we didn't get to see the ending. It was in Sept of 2011, which many of you may already know is when Jasmine and Aladin got stuck upside down on the ceiling from their feet.

Sept 2011

We didn't get a chance to see the show in Sept 2012 because of Annie's trip to the ER, so I decided that for my birthday we were going to see Aladin. I was so excited to find out that they were flying the carpet again. We lined up for Mezanine seats and got a very good view.

The carpet flew and nobody got stuck on the ceiling!

After Aladin, we went to ride Monster's Inc. We didn't get any pictures this time because Gavin announced he needed a bathroom break just as we got near the front of the line, so Bryan took him and Annie and I rode. The monster woman at the end of the ride saw my birthday button and said "Hey, lady, is it your birthday? Happy Birthday." Very sarcastically! It was so funny. I didn't realize that she was able to interact with people.

After a short hop to DCA, Bryan took the kids back to the hotel for bed and I did a bit of shopping in DTD. Then it was off to bed to get up bright and early to try out wide right at DCA the next morning.

Friday July 19, Park Day 2

Now believe me, I had been studying wide right since Sept. 2012, but hadn't been able to try it, because we didn't stay onsite that time, and it was EE every day at DCA for hotel guests when we last went. So, this time I was studied up and ready for the test! Mickey called to wake us up at 5:40am, I grabbed some bagels, slapped a bit of cream cheese on them, and handed one to everyone and headed out the door. We waited and waited and waited at bag check for them to open. They finally opened bag check lines at 6:45. We got up to the gate, and I knew from my research that there would be a lot of gates opened. We stood in line behind one family. I let Bryan know the exact plan of where we were going and when we were going to ditch the stroller and walk. A family was chosen to open the park, and they announced "Let the adventure begin!"

We got through the gate easily and started running with the double stroller. A CM kept telling us to walk, so we kind of power walked. We got up to Blue Sky Cellar where I ran up to the gas hose while DH parked the stroller and let the kids out.

Lightening and Mater led the way and we walked slowly down route 66.

Bryan picked up Gavin and I held Annie's hand. We stayed to the right and I tried really hard to make sure people didn't push between Annie and I. I should have had her walk in front of me, because she kept getting pushed behind me.

We got to RSR and I sent Gavin over to get his height checked, but there was nobody there, so we just went through the line. We were in the second run of cars for the day. Pretty good with 2 kids under 6 and a double stroller!

yaay!! We loved RSR I had no idea what to expect and when it started going fast and made your belly drop I was afraid my kids were gonna freak out but they laughed and that's what they always say when they talk about it "remember it made our belly feel funny"

RSR during EE cont

It was a huge relief to get onto the ride. I was so worried when we first planned the trip that Gavin wasn't going to be tall enough to ride. But this time they didn't even check his height! (This was the only time during our entire trip that Gavin wasn't stopped for a height check, as he's about 41 inches, so not obviously over the 40 inch requirement.) Last year I rode single rider and Annie and Bryan did FP and rider swap another day. So Annie and I had ridden it twice, Bryan had ridden once and Gavin, the big Cars fan of the family hadn't ridden at all. Needless to say, he loved it. I think my favourite part is when you see the big tractor and the car whips you to the left.

We went through Luigi's side so we got to see ourselves in the mirror.

The kids were excited to see Guido, as he's their favourite Cars character! He's so cute!

We lost that race. We were racing against a red car, so Annie's reasoning was that the red cars win because they're Lightening McQueen. Maybe she's onto something.

Here's our ride photo. Couldn't really see the kids very well.

As we walked through the exit, we saw a car stuck at a very difficult angle. a CM called to them "Don't worry, someone will be right there to get you out!" So, shortly after we rode, the ride broke down. This made my research and planning all worth it! With a huge sigh of relief, we headed to Toy Story Mania. But first, we noticed Lightening in front of the Cozy Cone, so we stopped to get a pic on our PP+. Last year we saw Mater, but we didn't want to wait in line again to see Lightening.

I love all the little details in Cars Land.

Annie wasn't too sure how to interact with Lightening. She's getting to that age where she's asking a lot of questions about what is real and what is pretend. I told them they could put their hands on Lightening, but I think they were a bit worried that he might be hot like a real car!

They all said "Kachow!" and we got a good picture.

Then we headed off to Toy Story. We took the long way, because it wasn't until later that we learned there was a path behind Flo's.

DCA EE cont

We literally walked right onto Toy Story. It's nice how they don't make you go through the queue during EE, you just walk right up to the ride. This is one of my favourite rides in DCA, and this was the first time I didn't have to wait over 30 minutes for it.

At this point, it was about 7:40, so we headed over to the RSR fastpass line so we could ride it again. Bryan waited in the line while the kids and I explored the gift shops in Cars Land. Last time we were here, Cars land was so crowded that we didn't spend much time there. It was nice to be able to browse the gift shops and look at the finer details without the big crowds. We spent a long time in the gift shops and chatted with the CMs.

Then we got a pic with the baby tractor.

Meanwhile, Bryan got a pic of the "regular people" waiting for rope drop while he was in the EE part of the FP ticket line.

While he was in the FP ticket line, he spoke to the people behind him who said they waited 20 minutes in the standby line and then had to leave because the ride broke down (which we already knew). So, we were really glad that we go on when we did and didn't waste our EE like we did the day before at Peter Pan.

The kids and I looked at the gift shops some more, and then we planned to meet Bryan at Mater's at 8am after he got the FPs. Well, we were at the gift shop near Flo's, and we should have been on the other side of the street, because we ended up having to wait for the crowd to go by. It was quite something to see (especially when you've already been on the ride!)

We got a family shot on Route 66.

So, then we rode Mater's, which I think is Gavin's favourite ride. I didn't like it the first time I rode last year, because I'm not a fan of spiny rides like the tea cups. I also read (on here) last year that a lot of kids were bumping their heads, so I was a bit stressed about my kiddies getting goose eggs. But once I figured out where to look to see which way the tractor is going to go, I learned to enjoy it. The queue for this ride is really well done, and Gavin likes dancing to the music while in line.

I love how Mater gives the safety instructions in Spanish. And at the end of the ride, the immature 13-year-old side of me can't get over how he says "Don't forget to grab yer junk!"

Next we headed over to Soarin'.

We rode Soaring with about a 5 minute wait. I really like the queue for this ride too, because you really feel like you in an airplane hanger (not that I've ever been in a real airplane hanger, but I imagine that's what it would look like.)

While we were in line, I had an epiphany. I asked Bryan to pass me the FPs for RSR so I could see the return window. It was 9:35-10:35am. I realized that we may be able to get back into the FP line and get tickets for a night time ride.

So, we rode soaring, and then went to get our FPs for WOC. We watched WOC on our first trip in 2011, and it didn't go very well. Gavin wasn't too interested, so he sat in the stroller and played with the spiny light up toy that came with the picnic. Bryan held up Annie so she could see and I peeked through heads to get a bit of a view. What I saw looked amazing, but I really didn't like being squished like sardines. So, this time I wanted to see it again and decided we would get there as early as possible to get a good view (and I had studied HydroGuy's rules for WOC. Believe me, I'm a teacher, I like to do my home work on these sort of things!)

We got FP's for the blue section. While I was getting the FP's for WOC, Bryan took Gavin over to check his height for GRR. He was just a little bit too short, so we skipped that ride. Annie wasn't really keen on riding it anyway, which surprised me since she's the dare devil and loves Splash Mountain. So, we didn't ride that one this trip, and it goes on my list for "must do" for next time. (It's the only thing other than "it's tough to be a bug" and animation academy that I haven't done in DCA.)

Next, we rode Little Mermaid. We all really enjoy this one. The air conditioning is a big perk!

We were getting pretty hungry, since we hand only eaten a bit of bagel at 6am, and it was around 9am. So we stopped at Flo's. I think we got 3 kids meals for the 4 of us to share. I like the waffles that look like hockey pucks with Sally and Lightening on them. (Yeah, they're probably supposed to be tires, but to this Canuck they're hockey pucks!)

At 9:30am I headed back to the RSR FP machines to see if I could pull a second set of passes for a 3rd ride of the day!

Our first set of FP's for RSR had a window of 9:35-10:35am. So, I went back to the FP machines at 9:30am and they hadn't run out yet. I asked the CM at the entrance if it would be possible for me to get another set of passes when my window opened up and she assured me that it would work, but I just had to wait another 5 minutes. I went up to the machines and explained to the CMs there that I was going to wait about 5 minutes and they showed me where to stand. At 9:36 I put my tickets into the FP machine and got passes for 8:20-9:20pm. Perfect!

Then I met up with the family to use the first set of FP's.
We saw Red coming down the street.

This time, I wanted Gavin to ride in the middle of the car, so he'd be seen. The man who rode with us volunteered to sit with the kids so we could sit together in the back, since we said we never get to sit together on rides! We tried to kiss on the ride photo, but I was too late. This is such a funny picture. At first, you don't see Gavin, but if you look closely, you'll see how terrified he is!

But he said he loved the ride!

After that, we went to watch the Disney Jr show that started at 10am. We made it there just in time and found a spot in the front that we snuck the kids into. A mom was a bit mad at me and said "you should have gotten here earlier, I saved this space because my son has sensory issues." I explained to her that it was just the kids and I was going to sit at the back, and she felt ok with that. I've worked with kids with sensory issues, so I knew where she was coming from, but I didn't think it was right for her to expect no body to sit in front of them. So, Bryan and I found a bench at the back, and a couple from Germany sat down next to us. I asked the man where his children were sitting, and he said they didn't have any kids, but just wanted to see the show. I think they were in their early 20's. They seemed to really enjoy the show!

Gavin calls the show "Minnie's Birthday". I'm glad they didn't figure out that it was also Minnie's birthday in September last time, and this year her birthday is in July! I liked the new Doc McStuffins and Sofia segments that they added it to replace Handy Manny and Little Einsteins. I still can't figure out why Little Einsteins is about classical music instead of physics! It should be Little Mozarts or Little Beethovens.

After that we went to see Turtle Talk with Crush. Gavin got to ask crush a question last year, but he didn't speak very clearly and Crush called him Dylan. While we were waiting in line, a little boy was swinging his arms around and kept hitting Annie. In my kindergarten teacher voice I said "excuse me, please stop" and then his mother flipped out at me! She said "You don't talk to him. He's 3! You got a problem you talk to me!" Now, if someone is hitting my child, there is no way I am going to seek out the parent while the kid continues to hit my child. Luckily at this point, the doors opened and we went in to sit down. Bryan assured me that I hadn't done anything wrong and that the woman was just crazy. I hadn't yelled at her son. Really all I said was excuse me. I noticed later, though, that people use "excuse me" in a very rude way when they push through people, so maybe it's a cultural thing. In Canada, excuse me is polite, but in the U.S. it seems to mean "I'm going to do something rude, so get ready."

After we left turtle talk, we saw Sofia the First and got in line. I was impressed by how well done the costume is. It really looks like they pulled her right out of the cartoon. We met a lovely family in front of us in line with adorable children. All three of the kids had birthday buttons, so Annie and I talked to them about how it was our birthdays that week too. It turns out the woman has twin daughters and two years later her son was born the day before their birthday! She almost had all three kids on the same day. The boy was a cutie. He asked Gavin how old he is and Gavin said he was three, and the boy, who turned 4 that day said "3? I was just 3 a second ago! Now I'm 4!" So, that family got see Sofia, and the little boy was so smitten with her that his mom had to drag him away so we could get a turn.

yaay!! We loved RSR I had no idea what to expect and when it started going fast and made your belly drop I was afraid my kids were gonna freak out but they laughed and that's what they always say when they talk about it "remember it made our belly feel funny"

We love it too. Wouldn't wait 2hrs for it, though. It's too bad they didn't make it just a tad tamer so that 2 year olds could ride it.

I needed to sneak in some birthday shopping, since Annie's birthday was 2 days away and I hadn't gotten her anything yet. We got a 20%off discount from Flo's for the gift shops, but it had to be used before 1pm. We noticed Mickey doing a meet and greet after the News Boys show. Bryan and the kids stood in the long long line up, and I went into the gift shop. I got everything I needed and had them deliver it to the hotel. I picked it up the next day. What a great perk. I didn't have to carry it all around and Annie couldn't peek at it! I don't think she even knew that I bought her anything. I told her I got a picture frame, which wasn't a lie.

Apparently they were lucky, as the CMs cut off the line right behind them. They got a lot of time to visit with him because there was nobody waiting.

We left DCA at this point and walked through DTD back to the DLH. We stopped at Earl of Sandwich to get our 2 free birthday sandwiches and ate them by the pool. 2 sandwiches and a salad was enough for the 4 of us to share. I think we waited for about 20 minutes at EOS but it was worth it! We took a little break at the hotel and then decided to take the monorail into tomorrow land and see if we could get Annie into the Jedi Training Academy.

I did up her hair in the hotel room, and while I was doing her hair, housekeeping knocked on the door. We told them we would be about 10 minutes. Luckily there were in the room next door when we left, because just as we stepped out of the door, I realized that I had left my purse in the room, which had all of our park tickets and all of our room keys! She had just seen me step out of the door, so she graciously let me back in.

We got to the monorail and just barely missed it. This was perfect, though, because we were the first people waiting for the next one. I asked if we could ride in the front, and they let us. Loved the AC in here!

The Jedi Training show was just starting, so we decided to wait for the next one, which was kind of the plan anyways. We got in line for Small World, as we had to ditch the line the day before.

Well, after waiting in line for 10 minutes, Gavin has to pee. So Bryan and Annie waited in line and I took Gavin to the potty. Instead of going backwards out of the line, it was quicker for me to go forwards, but people in line didn't really like this, so I had to keep saying "Going potty, not cutting in front of you!" Gavin was wearing a cute shirt with Yoda on it, so as we were trying to get out of the line people wanted to talk to him about his shirt. We made it to the potty in time, and then went back to the line. Bryan and Annie were waiting for us at the loading area, and the CM from the wheelchair line let us through so we could meet up with them.

I love Small World, but I really wish they would do something about the Canadian segment. Why that mountie is a nut cracker is a real mystery to me.

I'm so enjoying your Trip Report--you have a beautiful family:)!

I had to giggle at the Splash Mt. photo, and the smiles/grimaces on the children's faces. I think they are hugely brave to ride that!

Love the Dumbo buckets--so nice of you to buy them each one! (Also love your star T-shirt--I have it too;))!

Congrats on conquering the "Wide Right" technique!

I'm so enjoying your Trip Report--you have a beautiful family:)!

I had to giggle at the Splash Mt. photo, and the smiles/grimaces on the children's faces. I think they are hugely brave to ride that!

Love the Dumbo buckets--so nice of you to buy them each one! (Also love your star T-shirt--I have it too;))!

Congrats on conquering the "Wide Right" technique!

Glad you're enjoying it. I sure am enjoying writing it.

All of our ride photos are so funny. Gavin always looks terrified, but gets off the ride saying "That was so fun!" Just wait until I post the Space Mountain shot! My face is even funnier than Gavin's in that one!

The star shirt from Old Navy reminded me of my friend from middle school. I think we were 13 and we got a stencil and stenciled blue stars onto one of the walls of her bedroom without asking her parents! They were not impressed and she ended up having to paint over them.

Day 2 cont

After riding small world, we went over to the Jedi Training show area. It was 3pm and the next show started at 3:30, so there wasn't much of a crowd yet. We dug through all of the snack in the back pack and had a little picnic while waiting for the show. We had a really good spot at the front.

Jedi Annie waiting for the show to begin:

I wrote a detailed description of the Jedi Training Academy on this thread, so you can check that out here: (scroll to the bottom of pg 18)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1478699&page=18

This was Bryan's favourite part of the entire trip. Bryan and Gavin are really into Star Wars, and Annie is kind of interested. Since she was the only one in the family between 4 and 12, she was the only one eligible to participate. So, with her princess Leia buns, she was set to protect the universe.

Annie was picked early on. I think the combination of being a girl, having princess leia hair and the birthday button made her a triple threat!

Annie had a bit of trouble activating her light saber, but after the Jedi Master showed her once, she figured it out.

The storm troopers came out, and then Darth Vader rose up out of the ground. And then Darth Maul came out. He sure put on a good show for the camera!

The kids each got to fight either Darth Vader or Darth Maul. Annie was the first one to fight Vader, with a bit of help from the Jedi Master.

Vader and Maul left defeated, and then the storm troopers looked around and didn't know what to do. Gavin thought it was hilarious when they said "have a nice day" before they left, because the Jedi Master told them to. He talks about this all the time.

After leaving the Jedi training show, we walked over to the Prince and Princess bathrooms (or it is kings and queens?) behind Alice in Wonderland and watched the parade near there. We had seen the parade the day before but we were at Carnation Cafe and our view was pretty obstructed. We had only ever watched the parade from Mainstreet in the past, so it was a bit different watching it from this end.

This is the only time we saw Mary and Bert on the float instead of on their horses.

After the parade, we headed to Tortilla Jo's to use my $30 off birthday certificate. Thank goodness we had the $30 off, because the food was awful! We had a nice booth and Gavin took a little nap. After dinner we headed back to DCA for WOC and our evening ride on RSR.

Day 2 cont

After dinner we headed over to the Paradise Pier area of DCA, and Bryan and I got our traditional picture of just us on the boardwalk.

We did the swings as a family, then we split up a bit. None of us had done Goofy's Sky School before, but Gavin wasn't tall enough. So, Annie and I rode this one and got rider swap so Bryan could go with her later. Meanwhile Gavin rode Jumping Jellyfish a few hundred times and then we met up with them to ride too.

Then we rode one of my favourites (I know, I've said that a lot!) Golden Zepher, which is highly underrated. It's a beautiful view and a smooth ride!

We then took the kids to ride the fish carousel a few hundred times before going over to the WOC viewing area.

But first we had to check out the gift shop across from Ariel's grotto:

We got into the holding area about 5 minutes before they started letting us move into the actual viewing section. We got a great spot in blue behind a fence. Bryan stayed with the double stroller to hold our spot and I took the kids over to Cars Land to ride RSR at night. It's too bad our FP was for 8:20-9:20 and not a little bit later, so we could all ride it together after WOC, but Annie fell asleep after WOC, so it would have been too late for her anyway.

It was starting to get dark just in time for us to ride RSR at night.

So, with an extra ticket in hand, the kids and I headed to Cars Land. As soon as we got near the line, I called out "Anyone need a fast pass?" and before I could finish my sentence, a man next to me said they needed one. Then they texted someone to let them know they had one more. It was still about 10 minutes before the window opened on it, so we looked at the gift shops again.

This time we won and we weren't even in a red car. And we went on the Ramone side, which we hadn't been on the previous two times that day.

We headed back to the WOC area, but first got a picture on our PP+.

Then we stopped for Mickey pretzels and went to WOC. It sure was nice having the double stroller to hold our place. The kids sat in the stroller and were able to watch the show from there and eat their pretzels. Bryan and I stood beside the stroller, and Bryan had let a lady stand behind the stroller and rest her arm on the stroller handle while waiting for the show to start. Needless to say, it was a much better experience than the first time we saw WOC!

We walked back to the DLH using the GC entrance. I think it was quicker than going through DTD, especially since we were in Frontier tower, but I didn't like dealing with a real traffic light at night! Annie was sound asleep. Gavin was wide awake because he slept through dinner. We thought of just putting Annie in bed in her clothes, but I needed to take her hair down. I couldn't imagine her sleeping all night with Leia buns!

Day 3: Saturday July 20th

We decided to let the kids sleep in a bit, so we didn't have Mickey call to wake us up. I woke up at around 6:30 and started making a bit of noise at 7am. Then I was restless to get going so I opened the curtains! Eventually I hear Annie whisper "Gavin, I think it might be morning." So, we got the kids changed and headed to the monorail.

It was already 7:30 when we got to the monorail, so we had missed half of MM, but we weren't in a big hurry. We started out with Space Mountain, another ride on my mental "to do" list. Bryan had gone on it as a kid, but the rest of us hadn't been on it before. Well... all I can say is it's no longer on my "to do" list! I've done it, and now it's up there with the Tea Cups as a ride I won't do again. I loved the beginning of it, where it's like Peter Pan only faster. But after that, I was hanging on for dear life! Maybe I would have had a better experience if I wasn't listening to Gavin scream "I wanna get off!" through the entire ride. But of course, when we got off, he said he loved it! So I said "Didn't you say you wanted off? Or did you say you were going to fall off?" and he said "No Mommy, I think you said that!"

Maybe I did!

The CM at the photo booth made special "1st space flight" buttons for the kids to wear. Then we headed to Pixie Hollow to see Tink.

In the past we've head really good interactions with Tinkerbell, but this time was the best. There was 0 wait, we literally walked right up with no one in front of us (it must have been just about 8am).

We got to see Silvermist and Tinkerbell in her regular dress. In the past we had seen Tinkerbell in Sept, so she was in her fall or winter wardrobe.

Tink asked me if I was a tinker because of the autograph books, then Silvermist explained I must be a craft fairy. The kids talked to the fairies for about 10 minutes. Gavin bragged about going on Space Mountain and said that he was tall enough because he ate all his breakfast and drank all his milk.

Then Gavin kissed Tinkerbell on the lips!

Mr. BigShot!

Day 3 Cont

When we had done enough flirting with fairies, we headed over to Storybook canal boats. I had made the kids special hats for this trip, but had forgotten all about them until this morning.

The Cm asked Annie and Gavin if they would like to ride on the front of the boat. Gavin was too nervous, but Annie loved it.

Giant sleeping ducks?

Then it was time to head over to PPH for Mickey's Surf's up breakfast. On the way there, I stopped at the Bell desk at the DLH to pick up my shopping from the day before, snuck it up to the hotel and dropped off the stroller. We ended up being a little bit late for our 10:30 reservation and had to wait for a while. We didn't get seated until closer to 11am.

I can't really say that I enjoyed this character breakfast. The food wasn't very good, but I did like the flat bread pizza. I couldn't get over how poor the service was. It really didn't seem like Disney standards. But maybe I was just tired and hungry and grouchy. I really liked the dance party, and we had a good table, right up at the front where Mickey is.

Really, the best part of this breakfast was being able to meet Stitch and tell him about Annie's stitches experience. He spent so much time with the kids and kept coming back to our table to play with our WOC pen!

Pluto helped himself to Gavin's breakfast!

And we finally got to meet Daisy!

Now, you may remember I mentioned that Minnie mouse was mad at me... It was getting near the end of the breakfast, and we were the last seating. I thought the restaurant was pretty empty. Minnie was coming around but still hadn't come to our table. I really wanted a picture with Minnie and Mickey together. So I asked the photo pass guy if that could be arranged, and he told me to ask the character coordinator. So I asked her, and she told me no in a very round about way. Apparently "if the restaurant wasn't so busy" it would have been ok, but no, they don't do that. :confused3

So, I went and sat down. No less than 5 minutes later, Minnie goes up to Mickey and they start interacting. So we rush the kids up to them and toss the photographer our PP+. Minnie starts to leave, and I begged her for a picture. She reluctantly got in the picture.

Just started reading your trip report. You are doing an awesome job and your DH took some great photos!!! We were originally going to be at DLH the same time as you, but had to postpone the trip due to a foot injury. It's fun to see what our trip "could" have been like. No worries, though, we'll be at DLH for a week in October. Seeing the photos from your room has me really excited. We have a standard room booked, but now I'm really hoping we get a little pixie dust with a free upgrade too. LOL :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter