• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No electrical parade for us. Am I totally missing out?

Sunday

Mouseketeer
After all the hard work that I put in to our schedule for our January trip, I realized that we will not be able to see the electrical parade at MK unless I do some serious rejigging (like, change dinner reservations or park visit schedule type of changes).

Are we really missing out?

For me, it wouldn't be a trip to MK without that parade. Lots of people would disagree with me, but if you've never seen it, I would consider it a must-do. It's not like any other parade anywhere.

Seeing the nightime parade is enjoyable and memorable. But so are lots of other things at Disney. If you miss it this trip, it's just another reason to plan a return.

You can't possibly see everything at WDW in one trip. If it doesn't fit into your plan, don't stress about it. You'll still come home with a plethora of magical memories.

Seeing the nightime parade is enjoyable and memorable. But so are lots of other things at Disney. If you miss it this trip, it's just another reason to plan a return.

You can't possibly see everything at WDW in one trip. If it doesn't fit into your plan, don't stress about it. You'll still come home with a plethora of magical memories.

:thumbsup2

Though for me, personally, it just isn't a Disney trip without the MSEP. For years, I had an excuse with SpectroMagic to skip the nighttime parade.

It’s a personal opinion thing.

I don’t get too excited about the parades. And the night time one was the most disappointing parade that I have watched.

Like Metsoskil said…you can’t possibly see everything at WDW in one trip.

Honestly, the MSEP turned out to be one of those things that I miss terribly now that I'm not there anymore. We ended up staking out a spot and watching it twice every night while we were down there. It's just so much fun, and the performers were really into it.

And the music is such an earworm! In a good way, of course.

When my kids were young, they thought their parents were crazy (well, we are, but that's a story for another time) when we cheered like crazy when the snails go by.

Then they realized if we cheered loud enough, the snails would come over and "bow" to us. Now they cheer like crazy too. It's all part of the importance of being Goofy.

I don't think I ever saw this parade, as I am pretty sure SPectro was still there when we went last year on October 2009, right? When did they bring back the Electric Parade?

For us it is a "must do" (we love the Disney parades), however you only have so much time and have to make choices. The adults and kids in our group (2 and 6) loved it too.

I always figure that whatever I didn't see, we will see the next time we visit the parks!! :)

this is the one parade that i ADORE! it reminds me of when i went to disney as a child with my parents. i love the fact that it's not really changed much, and it uses th same music.
unfortunately, we got to see a whole 10 minutes of it on our last trip, as it was delayed 45 minutes due to rain, and then we had to be back to catch the coach to the hotel. very sad times :(

It depends on how much you love parades. We, aren't parade goers. We did them when we first started going but all the wall to wall people and jostling to get a spot, yadda yadda yadda really soured us on them so we enjoy the parks while they are going on and actually feel FAR less stressed becuase of it. That parade is relaly lovely but you'll be having so much fun anyway, you'll honestly not miss what you're missing. :thumbsup2 Next time maybe. ;) And if you think about it, you're always going to be missing something. I sometimes think the more you know about what's going on, the more freaked out about missing things or not maximizing every little drop of the offerings you can get. So don't sweat the small stuff. Just enjoy your vacation!

Honestly, the MSEP turned out to be one of those things that I miss terribly now that I'm not there anymore. We ended up staking out a spot and watching it twice every night while we were down there. It's just so much fun, and the performers were really into it.

And the music is such an earworm! In a good way, of course.

MSEP has the most annoying music with it...I could take or leave that parade....Now the fireworks are a different story...I absoultely love WIshes and the soundtrack stays in my truck...so I would feel I missed out if I didnt see Wishes or if I missed the Animal Kingdom parade...Now thats a good parade with good music

We usually skip all the parades and fireworks but MSEP has a quirky charm to it so we made it a point to see it and I'm glad that we did. DS and I both enjoyed it tremendously.

Seeing the electric light parade at Disney California Adventure (DCA) back when it was offered kind of spoiled me for the WDW version.

I also feel that no-one thing could possible ruin your vacation...

Just like fireworks, evening parade needs to be seen at least once but if it messing your plans, skip it this time. We did not see it this trip, we had other plans at DHS that day and we are fine with that.

My main question would be how much longer is MSEP going to be at WDW? It was my understanding it was at WDW on 'loan' from DL. So I am thinking that it is here for a limited engagement...
How soon do you plan on returning to WDW?
I would personally put this on MY list of "must do's" but that is me...:goodvibes

I'm sorry I wasn't more help...:lmao:

this is the one parade that i ADORE! it reminds me of when i went to disney as a child with my parents. i love the fact that it's not really changed much, and it uses th same music.
:(

I wish I could spell Barroke Hoedown. It makes me feel like dancing all night long. I love it. Just can't spell it.:lmao:

MSEP has the most annoying music with it...I could take or leave that parade....Now the fireworks are a different story...I absoultely love WIshes and the soundtrack stays in my truck...so I would feel I missed out if I didnt see Wishes or if I missed the Animal Kingdom parade...Now thats a good parade with good music

Guess that's why there's chocolate and vanilla. We rearranged some dining to hit the one night the MSEP will be running while we are in the parks for the marathon period. The AK parade on the other hand... well, I've seen it, and that's good enough for me.

Guess that's why there's chocolate and vanilla. We rearranged some dining to hit the one night the MSEP will be running while we are in the parks for the marathon period. The AK parade on the other hand... well, I've seen it, and that's good enough for me.

:thumbsup2

yep..I was just giving my opinion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter