• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Disney World vacation would be complete without ________ !!!

Peach Iced Oolong Tea from the Lotus Blossom Cafe in Epcot at the China Pavillion. It is addictive - we have gone back to Epcot just to get this iced tea. :cool1:

Wandering World Showcase amilessly letting my son color masks and soaking up the atmosphere. We save one day for just wandering. No plans no time frame just wandering Epcot and going in all the shops, watching the candy lady in Japan, eating a shaved ice while people watching by the lake. Having pastries in France for lunch. Things we only do in Epcot. My favorite memory of all time is when my son was 18 months old and he was the last person to see Mickey by the American Pavillion. I have a picture of him and Mickey walking hand in hand down the street in Epcot. Makes me cry every time I think of it.

hearing "Laaaaambert the sheepish lion" come across the TV set in our hotel. :laughing:

OMG-one of my all time favs! I hadn't seen this in years until we were walking through the Vero Beach lobby last Oct and it was on. My husband and I both sat down on the couch and almost cried because it reminded us of when our kids were tiny and we all used to sing along.

Sorry to stray...

Watching wishes and having my DD9 look at me for my tears. She says "Here they are mom, are you ok?" I tell her one day she will understand that being in such a magical place with family makes everything in the world ok.

:sad: Okay, I was only tearing up at all of these posts until I read this! Beautiful. I can see me saying this to my daughter when she is older.

hearing "Laaaaambert the sheepish lion" come across the TV set in our hotel. :laughing:

Is this a regular thing that comes on? My DH sings it every now and then around our DD and I have never seen it!!! If it is on while we are there, I will be so excited to share that with him!

My DD. Trying to think of one thing was so hard but to me no Disney vacation would be complete without my daughter. We have been going on "mommy and me" trips since her 2nd trip when she was 5. Seeing the excitement on her face the minute we walk on Main St., tearing up at her hugging the characters and trying not to cry as she holds out her hand to dance with me when we hear music. Nothing completes my trip like her.

Visiting Fantasyland and especially riding Dumbo right after the fireworks.

Fantasyland tends to clear out at night, and it is just magical. The air is cool. The castle and the carousel are all lit and twinkly. It is truly a magical experience.

(Dh and I are a childless couple and didn't even attempt riding Dumbo until we went with my nephews 2 years ago.)

It is precious...no matter who you are.

The pineapple float in adventure land. I crave those things! That is the first thing I am going to get in 4 1/2 weeks when we are Disney! My boyfriend has never been to MK, and thinks they sound gross, but I love love love them. I went to Disney when I was 7 months pregnant to visit my college program roomie who was doing a professional internship just to get one! Well, not to just get a dole whip, but it was the first thing I did when we went to MK. Everytime someone tells me they are going to WDW, I tell them they have to get one.

Getting a place for the 3PM parade at MK near the Christmas Shoppe and getting caramel corn from Sleepy Hollow!!!

The last time I was there they told me they don't make the caramel corn anymore...I was so so so disappointed...it was my favorite treat!

Believe it or not... the Jungle Cruise.. It's become a tradition that we ride it first on all our trips to Disney. We are so excited we get very engaged it the tour.

The best time we had on the Jungle Cruise finished with a young child saying .. "Mommy, can we go on a fun ride now?".

eating at Pecos Bills

Not sure what it is about that place and their chili cheese fries, but we all LOVE eating there. We always eat there for EMH's while we are waiting for the 'regular' crowds to make their way out of the park. Just something that has become a 'tradition' for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter