• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

no dining plan; fav/best places to eat in park for just good simple meal

rt3773

Earning My Ears
Just my husband and I are coming....KIDLESS!! We are coming on the cheap and do not have a dining plan. I would love to hear what your favorite places to eat in each park are....NOT character meals, NOT fancy, expensive places. Just a place to get a decent meal, not spend a fortune. We will probably be eating one meal...or heavy snack in the parks each day. We will be eating outside the parks also. Just want to make our eating in the parks count.

Restaurant Marakesh in WS is not over-the-top in terms of price (comparatively), and the food is unique-- something we can't get at home. Many like the Morocco CS place for the same reason.

Flame Tree in AK is great-- CS done right. You can get large, quality meals that will really fill you up.

I like Pinocchio Village Haus in MK. The food is okay, but I love sitting by the indoor windows and waving at people going on IASW. For seafood at a decent price, I'd try Columbia Harbor House.

The Plaza Restaurant in MK is a get restaurant to go to when you don't have the dining plan. The prices are just slightly higher than a CS meal. The food has always been good on our visits too.

Some of my favorites are:

Sunshine Seasons
Columbia Harbor House
Wolfgang Puck Express
Earl of Sandwich
Flame Tree

All are quick service, fairly inexpensive (certainly compared to TS restaurants!), and have reliably good food!

I used to stay off property for my short trips & am always on a budget so I understand your point. :) My friend & I used to eat breakfast before we got to the parks & bigger meals somewhere near our hotel on our way home from the parks at night & one QS entree, usually split between us in the parks during the day.

Here's my list of favorites in the parks & surrounding resorts:

Sunshine Seasons for the Beet & Goat Cheese Salad or Salmon & Strawberry Shortcake
Kringla Bakery in Norway for the club sandwich & school bread (easily split between myself & my friend as our one meal of the day)
Les Halles Bakery in France for a bowl of soup & 1/2 baguette or the cheese plate & 1/2 baguette
Somerfest for the Nudel Gratin (a snack that serves as a meal for me)

Columbia Harbor House
Casey's for corndog nuggets but they've since done away with the hot cheese from what I understand which deters me a bit from this option now
Captain Cook's at The Poly
Gasparilla Island Grill at GF

Studio Catering for the Spicy Chicken sandwich
Backlot Express for the Grilled Veggie Sandwich or Buffalo Chicken Nuggets

The Boardwalk Bakery for a sandwich & soup/salad

Flametree BBQ for the smoked turkey sandwich & onion rings

Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Ray's at MK
Sunshine Seasons at Epcot
Starring Rolls Café at HS
Flame tree at AK
Earl of Sandwich at DTD

Trail's End at Fort Wilderness is great!! It is a buffet and very reasonably priced. Even for Disney. The food is great (fried chicken is awesome). Usually pretty easy to get in to eat. You can take the boat from MK right to Fort Wilderness. Eat, then take the boat back to MK and continue on your day. I recommend it for breakfast and dinner. Not so much for lunch. Columbia Harbour House, in MK, is wonderful. Sometimes burgers just don't cut it and they have fried shrimp, chicken, lobster roll, tuna sandwhich, well you get the idea. Flame Tree BBQ in AK. You two could share a meal. They are really large portions. Their chicken is excellent. Epcot, we like Sunshine Seasons. Also, Via Napoli is great. You could share a pizza.

We always enjoy the columbia harbor house in MK, as well as 50's prime time in HS. The 50's prime time has always been fun for us, but on our last trip we were very pleasantly surprised how the food quality has really gone up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter