no credit card, visa debit card only for National rental car HELP!

I pay my bills online and do not get any utility bills mailed to me. I called Friday and asked my phone company and cable company to mail me bills. hope I get them.
Policy does state that debit cards are only accepted for returns as payment, and a major credit card in the name of the renter must be presented, butthe system did take my card when I put in my rental info as I am Emerald Aisle.

I also think the last lines of the policy are little ambiguous. You can take from the policy that with a round trip air ticket a debit card is ok with a visa logo or you can read it as even though you have the round trip ticket, you still need a credit card to present. Yes, talking policy, it does seem a little unclear, depends how you read it, or how you want it to read! LOL. I want it to read that a debit card is fine. haha.

As far as others personal experiences with National, I have read every post on the site regarding renting with a debit card, and I would say 99% had no problem at all. I am going to hope all goes well, if not, I will take a taxi to the resort and use shuttles back and forth to the parks. I will let everyone know about my adventure when I get back. I am spending two weeks with the mouse and I am so excited.

thanks to all for replies and advice and input!

deelovesdis said:
I pay my bills online and do not get any utility bills mailed to me. I called Friday and asked my phone company and cable company to mail me bills. hope I get them.
Policy does state that debit cards are only accepted for returns as payment, and a major credit card in the name of the renter must be presented, butthe system did take my card when I put in my rental info as I am Emerald Aisle.

I also think the last lines of the policy are little ambiguous. You can take from the policy that with a round trip air ticket a debit card is ok with a visa logo or you can read it as even though you have the round trip ticket, you still need a credit card to present. Yes, talking policy, it does seem a little unclear, depends how you read it, or how you want it to read! LOL. I want it to read that a debit card is fine. haha.

As far as others personal experiences with National, I have read every post on the site regarding renting with a debit card, and I would say 99% had no problem at all. I am going to hope all goes well, if not, I will take a taxi to the resort and use shuttles back and forth to the parks. I will let everyone know about my adventure when I get back. I am spending two weeks with the mouse and I am so excited.

thanks to all for replies and advice and input!

DisDee,
I sincerely hope all goes well for you. As far as the debit thingie goes, with your r/t proof, I doubt you will need any utility bill. It sort of states that is necessary for a cash rental. You are correct, it is ambigious, however, I have rented from National with my debit card and proof of round trip and have had no problem. My ex rented with a debit card, r/t proof from Alamo and they would not take it, EVEN when he showed them the rules, which are stated on the contract. They wanted a cc, happily he had one.
So, it just goes to show you that while one may have had NO problem, another one might.
If you feel better taking a utility bill with you, just print one from online.
I pay all my stuff online also, but, do get a monthly online bill which I could print if I had the desire.
Here's hoping all goes well with/for you. :)

I talked to my friend who is currently renting a car with only a debit card. She is using a company called Advantage, though she thought it may only be a regional company (she's in AZ right now)? They let her use a debit card with no return ticket (and no utility bill) as long as she paid a $300 deposit.

msinformation said:
I talked to my friend who is currently renting a car with only a debit card. She is using a company called Advantage, though she thought it may only be a regional company (she's in AZ right now)? They let her use a debit card with no return ticket (and no utility bill) as long as she paid a $300 deposit.
At MCO, Dollar, Budget, Avis, National and Alamo all take debit cards. However, most do put a hold on the card for more than the rental. They all have different rules. Offsite, I know Hertz takes debit cards. when I say debit cards I do mean the ones with either a MC or Visa logo.

Hello all! it . is deelovesdis writing to you from Orlando. I had to tell you my experience, since I was so freaked out about the debit card possibly not being accepted. on the airplane as we are ready to land I was checking for my documents, national rent a car confirmation print out, drivers license, emerald club card, return ticket home, and low and behold, this fool left the return trip confimation itinerary in her printer, at home. I was in a panic, cause I knew that to rent without a credit card I would need to show proof of roundtrip air. What to do? oh , what to do?

I thought I was going to faint, my head was spinning, we got off the plane and instead of freaking out, I got a grip on myself and thought , call sister, have her go into my email, print out ticket. fax to national, no -that would draw attention to myself,-- was there a business centre in the airport where I Could print it out myself? looked around , asked some people, no, oh, what to do?

I saw a southwest counter, bingo! yes, ask them to print out my confirmation for me. i found a nice lady, explained my predicament,she printed out my itinerary, and with all in hand, headed over to baggage.

went to my emerald aisle and there were many cars including 3 convertibles! 2 blue, 1 red, many pontiac grand prix, impalas, g6, what to choose?, picked a grand prix,

with info in my hand, handed her my confirmation print out with BJ coupon, next she needed my drivers license, "do you need my emerald card or bj card?" I asked, "anything else? ""no, just your CREDIT CARD", she replied. I got a knot in my stomach, the moment of truth, if she doesnt take it we'll go back outside, take a taxi, shuttles to the park, we can do, it, but I said a silent prayer, told my daughter to pray, and

"ok, " I handed her my debit/ credit credit card with the visa logo and it states debit, and she took. as she put it through, i think i held my breath and she said , "it comes to $290,' " ok", i said," that it, "yes, thanks, bye. "

all that worry for nada! easy as pie, plus I got an awesome deal, brand new grand prix, leather interior, for 16 days for only $290, with BJ coupon code and entertainment rate code.

i hope my story helps just one person out there. thank all of you for listening

:cool1: :cool1:

going to MGM tomorrow

You can rent a car with a debit card(mine is has Visa). You MUST have a round trip air ticket to do so. I do it all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter