• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No connecting rooms - what else can we do (stay in same room?) Upgrades?

Momof4girls

DIS Veteran
I emailed the company listed above (the Dreams Unlimited one, I think) and they emailed me back and said there are no connecting rooms left on the ship. :(

Seriously? None???

What are our chances of getting one anyway? We have five kids and honestly, I wasn't planning on them spending any time in "their" room. They'd rather sleep on sleeping bags in our room, yk? We always travel together - they're so young, and seriously - DH and I are supposed to sleep in different rooms the whole trip?

What are our options here, realistically? And how do you get an upgrade? Just ask nicely? Who do you ask and when?

You can't overbook the capacity of a room due to safety regulations - not to mention there's not much floor space to sleep in sleeping bags! You can try for rooms across the hall from each other rather than connecting ones.

Good luck! :teeth:

um - yeah - obviously

I meant should we book two rooms and all stay in ONE anyway?

I'm not spending my 10th anniversary across the hall from my DH. :worried:

I wouldn't give up hope, check with other TA's and see if they have any. You could always book two seperate rooms even if not connecting, you said they wanted to sleep in your cabin, will be very croweded. Try getting rooms across the hall from each other...

Your chances of getting upgraded are slim, does happen but no rhyme or reason as to who gets upgraded.

I would book either ADJOINING rooms in the Category you want or rooms across the hall from each other in different categories (like 6 and 11) and ask to be waitlisted for CONNECTING rooms. It looks like your cruise is 9 months away so there's a chance that the connecting rooms might become available at the 90 day mark when folks have to make final payment. I would also check with DCL directly.

If you're cruising during Thanksgiving or Christmas, you might have more of a problem since lots of extended families cruise then.

dh and i slept apart during our four night cruise with
4 kids. we tried to have a date after the show each night
and put th ekids in the clubs. we went to bed at around 12am-1am
and were waking up at 7am so it really didnt matter much.
you can not have anyone sleep on the floor due to safety regulations

We made this a priority (adjoining rooms) with 6 children, so we looked around at a few different dates that we could possibly cruise. We started looking about 14 months before we wanted to cruise. But that won't help you now, since you have a definite date for your cruise. I know you mentioned an anniversary, but you could ask the TA to look at cruises around the same time and see if you get anything better. We had two adjoining Cat 9's last time on our 4-night Wonder cruise, and we will have two adjoining Cat 10's this time on the Magic. We booked for specific rooms, rather than have Disney place us, so we'd be sure to get adjoining rooms.

I wanted adjoining rooms too but all they had was on level 2, and I wanted to be on a higher level. We are going with side by side rooms. The good thing for us is that It is my DH, two DD's (14 year olds). We booked an adult and girl in each room. I will keep my stuff in the room with my DH, but sleep in the room with the girls. That is the best solution I could come up with.

I plan to take my old baby monitors with me....so when I am not in the room with the girls, I can hear them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter