No Chocolate Dessert Buffet on Magic!

We have 6 cruises under our belt and never knew there was a chocolate buffet. :rotfl2: :sad2: Oh well, guess I won't miss it then. :goodvibes

But about those Mickey bars...:headache: We are cruising the end of April so they better hurry that up!! My DD eats that as desert every night. (except lava cake night ;) )

The Magic was the only ship that we had the chocolate buffet as far as we have seen in 11 cruises.

Did the Disney cruises and I don't remember the chocolate buffets. Had too much fun to care.

When they do not have the buffet, they have late night snacks available at 11. These are not nearly as elaborate as the dessert buffet, but still a nice treat. They are located in the nightclub area and in the Promenade Lounge on the Magic.

Forgot about this, they actually did this on the Dream last March. We stumbled upon it by accident. Instead of having all the little bar food treats out on the buffet in the corridor it had little dessert treats on it.

We have 6 cruises under our belt and never knew there was a chocolate buffet. :rotfl2: :sad2: Oh well, guess I won't miss it then. :goodvibes

But about those Mickey bars...:headache: We are cruising the end of April so they better hurry that up!! My DD eats that as desert every night. (except lava cake night ;) )

Same here. 13 cruises and I have never made it to the dessert/chocolate buffet :rotfl:
Too much food!

I can only eat so much. My eyes would like to eat more but the stomach protests. Once my brother and I grabbed some late night pizza ... not because we were hungry but because we could (we ate it anyway). We did the late night pirate buffet once when we had early dining but we were forcing ourselves to eat (if you can believe that!). We bypassed it last year because we had late dining. When half the ship is finishing dinner at 10:00 or 10:15 (a lot of nights were like that), it's kind of hard to work up an appetite for dessert, even chocolate, at 11 pm. :sad1: How that saddened me...

I am a chocoholic and dessert freak so if I choose to bypass these buffets, you know there's gotta be lots of others who are not so chocolately inclined who do so as well.

I'm not willing to give up dining in the main rooms so I can eat at the chocolate buffet either.... but I suppose that would have been an option. :laughing:

I would gladly just order appetizer and salad at dinner to be able to go to a chocolate buffett! LOL

We were told last week on the Magic that the Mickey bars were not coming back. The Chocolate Buffet was popular, the last time we did the Magic's Eastern itinerary a couple of years ago there was a huge line waiting to get into Lumière's.

There is normally a long line to get in...but the line in all reality is no more than 50 people maybe a 100 tops. When you think the ship holds up to 2,400 (magic/wonder) that really is not many people.

I think it is sad for those that loved it and will miss it, but I think it is smart to eliminate something that is not working and a waste of money and time.

When did it become the "Chocolate" buffet? Every 7-night Magic cruise I've been on it was called the "Gala Buffet".

When did it become the "Chocolate" buffet? Every 7-night Magic cruise I've been on it was called the "Gala Buffet".

Your right, it is the Gala Buffet or something like that. In all reality the only realy chocolate part is the chocolate fountain. The rest of the desserts were basically different cakes and they were only so-so. I have gone a few times and had always been disspointed by it.

My six-year-old was SO looking forward to this after seeing pictures. In reality, he probably wouldn't have been able to stay awake for it, but still, when he asked about it and I had to tell him they aren't going to have it, he was so sad. At least when he asked about the Mickey bars and I told him about the ice cream sandwiches, he seemed fine with that!

The Magic was the only ship that we had the chocolate buffet as far as we have seen in 11 cruises.

The chocolate fountain was a part of the Gala dessert buffet on our Alaska cruise (on the Wonder) in August last year. We were on the same cruise with you last week (sorry we didn't see you on the meet thread!) and were disappointed that the Gala buffet didn't happen. On the upside though, wasn't the weather *phenomenal* for our cruise?! :cutie:

i'm sure i'm the minority here but i didn't think it was anything to write home about. everything kind of tasted the same, which in it self is strange. it was, shall we say, just ehhh. a been there, done that type of thing. there was long lines to get in but p.p. was right when they said once the doors opened and people were let in it went quick. maybe 150 people but i don't remember seeing many younger children.
over all, imo, not a great loss.

i'm sure i'm the minority here but i didn't think it was anything to write home about. everything kind of tasted the same, which in it self is strange. it was, shall we say, just ehhh. a been there, done that type of thing. there was long lines to get in but p.p. was right when they said once the doors opened and people were let in it went quick. maybe 150 people but i don't remember seeing many younger children.

I am in complete agreement with you.

LOL! That is exactly what we thought about the sweets on the one and only Carnival cruise we went on. They all looked different but tasted the same! The same whipped fillings, cake etc in everything.

Hmmm....they had the dessert buffet on our 2/2 cruise on the Magic! We had late dinner so we were STUFFED! We walked through just to see what they had but didn't try anything cause we were still full from dinner. It looked yummy but not as fancy as the desserts offered after dinner.

Disney did not execute this dessert/gala/chocolate buffet idea very well at all. On our Alaska cruise in August it wasn't even published in the Navigator (on purpose ... as verified by the CM that puts the Navigator together ... we asked). The dining areas are too small to accomodate the masses that *might* come if they made a big deal out of it. I was expecting it to be like the RCL midnight buffet we had seen before and were very dissapointed.

Not sure what DCL really had in mind, but I really don't think we'll miss it if it really is gone for good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter