• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No cd player on DD

fboy9287

DIS Veteran
I went to Dualing Dragons a week or so ago and the ladies made me take off my Cd player:( . What is the deal with that? On the hulk, the loading people though it was a great idea. Is there some big safe issue that i am not aware of here?

The CD player was in my pocket and had no way of getting out.

they allow to many things on the rides as it is. about time they crack down. that's what the lockers are for.

Barry uses the locker to put his pork brains in. :smooth:

Originally posted by fboy9287
I went to Dualing Dragons a week or so ago and the ladies made me take off my Cd player:( . What is the deal with that? On the hulk, the loading people though it was a great idea. Is there some big safe issue that i am not aware of here?

The CD player was in my pocket and had no way of getting out.

Not to sound stupid here...but were you looking to wear the headphones while being inverted several times on dragons...cuz I dunno if THAT sounds like a good idea to me...
I'm wondering if THAT was the issue...how else would they know what is in your pocket...? I can see you now, pulling back into the station with the cord wrapped around your neck and trying to free yourself...
I have often heard that they are more cautious over at DD about everything...don't know if it has to do with the type of restraints used or what...

Karen

Well, if something falls off you in Dueling Dragons, it falls into oblivion into the lake below. The Hulk is the same for part of the ride, but debris can rain down onto the people below! No, I know what you're thinking. It's safe to walk under the Hulk. I've done it many times. I think I've only seen sunglasses fall in front of someone once! :)

Woah, cd player on hulk must rule. I can't imagine a problem with it other then the thing falling out of your pocket. Yet considering I've been on hulk a dozen times w/ a cel phone/wallet/keys and never even felt somewhat of a fallout, a cd player would prob. work. I'll have to try this out when I go to IOA in under a month, oh man, I just realized how close I am to going back, very syched.:bounce:

the real question is why do you feel the need to tune everything and everyone out around you. You miss the whole sensation when you tune out the music that is playing in the park and the ride. It also hurts you social skills. Do you wear blue or red bandanas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter