No Cash On Ship ??

sweetpea3470

Mouseketeer
HELLO,
JUST WONDERING....... WILL I BE ABLE TO USE MY DEBIT CARD
WITH A MASTERCARD LOGO FOR SHIP CHARGES AS OPPOSED TO A "REAL" CREDIT CARD?...........THANK YOU FOR ANY INFO.

Hi. When checking in, you'll be asked for a credit card so that your Key to the World card purchases, shore excursions etc can be billed to it. I used my debit card with a Mastercard logo on it. No problems.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH.I'M TRYING NOT TO USE THE REAL CREDIT CARD AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.I HATE TO SEE THAT BILL AFTER VACATION.....THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

You can also pay your bill with cash. You just need the credit card as a deposit. You can put the cash down when you get there (I think you might have to go to guest services on the ship to do this), then put more on when you need to.

We used ours (debit card) also.

The other thing I did was call and put money on the account before we left for all the approximate charges we thought we would spend..then the final bill wasn't such a surprise..lol.

used my debit/master card also just last week, the only thing I suggest is to call your bank and let them know you will be out of the state/country. After reading about that on these boards and doing it my self, my bank had told that it was a good idea, because if you tend to use it alot, they have been known to put a hold on your account and if they can't reach you your account could be frozen! Now that could be a problem!!;)

When you call your bank, you should also ask if there is a transaction limit on your card. We have a per transaction limit and 24 hour limit on our debit card, even if it's used as a credit card. I've forgotten about it twice, and it's incredibly embarrassing to have your card declined.

Make sure you let your bank know as all the ship charges come from the Bahamas and they will put a hold/decline on it for your protection We had to call our bank the morning of departure to pay:( it was not a fun experience and we knew there was more than enough to cover it.
It is also a good idea to make sure your credit limit is high enough ours goes by avalible ballance on credit charges but only 200 every 24hrs on Debit but aou friends have a 200 a day limit on credit and debit:(

I also went to my bank prior to leaving and got travelers checks...when I arrived on the ship I put them directly on my account. They also cashed my travelers checks for me prior to going ashore. This way I didn't need to hassle with my debit card, I had heard some people had problems with limits on transactions, holds on $ , etc. and didn't want to deal with it. I did use my "regular" non debit card for purchases ashore and for the onboard account, should I go over the traveler's checks I gave them, which of course I did:)

Does anyone know if it is possible to put cash or traveler's checks down on your room and not worry about a debit or credit card?

Also, I heard somewhere that if you put a card down on your room, they will put a $500 hold on it. Does anyone know if this is correct?

$500 hold seems about right.

As for charges coming out of the Bahamas, all my Disney charges came out of Lake Buena Vista, Florida on the statement.
However, it was done as two charges. But we were on the New Year's Eve cruise, so my card was charged for purchases up to midnight 12-31, and then again for the balance from 1-1 to 1-3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter