No car-where would you stay?

The Hilton is no longer across the street from the Disney Springs Buses. The Disney Springs bus stop has moved.

Ahhhh, haven't been back since its been renamed Disney springs. When we go we only go to the parks and stay onsite, walking distance to a park (or boat to the park). And we haven't bothered going to the old downtown Disney yet! Thanks for correcting me!

May check out Disney springs during our December or April trip!

Thanks for all the varied responses guys.

No car would not be a deal breaker for us.
It's preferable-but in this case not an option.

OK, bear with me. I am going to suggest something that will work for you but you'll have to Uber or Lyft to/from the parks since you won't have a car.

I recently stayed at the Wyndham Cypress Palms (review here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/re...ss-palms-with-pictures.3524116/#post-56068256). I bid for it over at www.skyauction.com and won a 1BR villa for $222. SkyAuction has 2 BR villas (with a full kitchen and 2 bathrooms!) for $345 checking in on September 30th for 1 full week (http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/2690375). I put the address of the timeshare in the Uber booking engine and it's about $10-$15 each way to Disney parks. So, for a week you would spend $345 plus $30 from a nearby airport hotel to the Wyndham, plus $30 back to MCO, plus $30 per day for an approximate total of $615. You may have to pay more to get FROM the airport ... I would look into a limo instead that will allow you to stop for groceries on the way to the timeshare. You will also need to look at the availability of Uber or Lyft from the Disney resorts.

So, you're looking at less than $100 per night to stay in a 2 BR villa :).

Whilst I love the idea of these prices and the space and facilities available
-I'd worry we were too isolated without a car.

Somewhere like WBC with wonderful shuttle service would be superb..

Whilst I love the idea of these prices and the space and facilities available
-I'd worry we were too isolated without a car.

Somewhere like WBC with wonderful shuttle service would be superb..
You would pay more for WBC and shuttle costs at $8 per person per day.

ETA: Given your timeframe you may be able to find something at WBC for a reasonable price.

Last edited:
I stay at a Disney Springs hotel.
Which hotel do you prefer? I've stayed at the Hilton and what is now the Holiday Inn, but both of those were many years ago. Since I now live in the area I don't frequent any of the WDW hotels, but occasionally I'll book a night at the Waldorf or Four Seasons when we are celebrating a special occasion.

You would pay more for WBC and shuttle costs at $8 per person per day.

ETA: Given your timeframe you may be able to find something at WBC for a reasonable price.
There is currently some availability at WBC in late Sept - early Oct for 3 or 4 night stays, but not much for a full week.

I'm not too sure how "wonderful" the WBC shuttle is (never used it). It's a scheduled service, not running continuously. So your trips have to be arranged to comply with the schedule. I'd be tempted to use Uber/Lyft to and from WBC, even though it's a little more expensive.

The other problem with WBC without a car is dining. You're pretty much committed to eating onsite or at WBC without a car. That would be a big negative for me.

You didn't say how long, but with three adults I'd might look at Homewood Suites LBV, Residence Inn LBV or SpringHill Suites LBV and then use Uber if the shuttles were inadequate.

Which hotel do you prefer?

I've stayed recently (within the last 2 years) at four of the seven Disney Springs Hotels. I'd highly recommend two and provide cautionary advice about the other two.

Highly recommended:
  • DoubleTree Suites: This is my favorite Orlando hotel. All suites are 540-square feet, which is twice the size of a Disney Value room. The staff is great. I've stayed there 40-50 nights in the past couple of years and never had more than a minor issue. And I do mean minor...like Housekeeping forgetting to replenish shampoo or a broken iron. The restaurant is mediocre, but you can walk to both Disney Springs and off-site restaurants in the Crossroads Shopping area. No resort fee, but they do charge for parking.
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: This is an extremely well-run hotel. The employees smile and seem happy to be there. Twice on my last stay, I had managers approach me in the lobby and ask if everything was satisfactory with my stay. I've never eaten there because the nearby Wolfgang Puck Express is so good. No resort fee, but they do charge for parking.
Proceed with Caution:
  • Buena Vista Palace: This hotel is currently under a long-needed renovation. I tried staying right after the renovation started and switched hotels after one night. It was not a good experience. Based on the work being done, this hotel might soon rival the big convention hotels like Marriott World Center and Hilton Bonnet Creek. Currently, no resort or self parking fees but that will likely change. Personally, I won't return until after the renovation.
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: This is an average hotel with a great location. I've stayed there 30-40 nights and experienced many issues. Things like: groundskeepers using leaf blowers outside guest rooms before 7am; a broken toilet that took 1.5 hours and 4 calls to get fixed; being woken by Housekeeping who ignored the "Do Not Disturb" sign. Most employees don't seem to care. They charge a $24/night resort fee and a parking fee. Despite the fact that I'm Hilton HHonors Gold (which means I get free breakfast and potential upgrades), I tend to avoid this hotel unless it's super cheap (like about $100 or less including the resort fee).

I've stayed recently (within the last 2 years) at four of the seven Disney Springs Hotels. I'd highly recommend two and provide cautionary advice about the other two.

Highly recommended:
  • DoubleTree Suites: This is my favorite Orlando hotel. All suites are 540-square feet, which is twice the size of a Disney Value room. The staff is great. I've stayed there 40-50 nights in the past couple of years and never had more than a minor issue. And I do mean minor...like Housekeeping forgetting to replenish shampoo or a broken iron. The restaurant is mediocre, but you can walk to both Disney Springs and off-site restaurants in the Crossroads Shopping area. No resort fee, but they do charge for parking.
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: This is an extremely well-run hotel. The employees smile and seem happy to be there. Twice on my last stay, I had managers approach me in the lobby and ask if everything was satisfactory with my stay. I've never eaten there because the nearby Wolfgang Puck Express is so good. No resort fee, but they do charge for parking.
Proceed with Caution:
  • Buena Vista Palace: This hotel is currently under a long-needed renovation. I tried staying right after the renovation started and switched hotels after one night. It was not a good experience. Based on the work being done, this hotel might soon rival the big convention hotels like Marriott World Center and Hilton Bonnet Creek. Currently, no resort or self parking fees but that will likely change. Personally, I won't return until after the renovation.
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: This is an average hotel with a great location. I've stayed there 30-40 nights and experienced many issues. Things like: groundskeepers using leaf blowers outside guest rooms before 7am; a broken toilet that took 1.5 hours and 4 calls to get fixed; being woken by Housekeeping who ignored the "Do Not Disturb" sign. Most employees don't seem to care. They charge a $24/night resort fee and a parking fee. Despite the fact that I'm Hilton HHonors Gold (which means I get free breakfast and potential upgrades), I tend to avoid this hotel unless it's super cheap (like about $100 or less including the resort fee).

Agree.

I also would avoid the Wyndham Garden Rooms (exterior wing rooms at Wyndham) as they are small and claustrophobic.

We love Doubletree Suites and B Resort.

Stayed Buena Vista Palace - lots of construction. Rooms are great but the rest was still a mess in May. If it's just a bed, it was fine.

Hilton, long past it's prime and no way it's worth all the additional fees. Even at Hilton Honors Diamond I won't go back.

Wyndham, haven't stayed since they took over but the rooms are the same size and I'm not interested.

We were 2 adult couples, and stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek , on disney grounds, but NOT a disney resort, got a 2 BR , 2 Bath condo big condo for about 180 night, and used Uber everywhere, we highly recommend it. For the price you get about 4x the space you get at an official disney resort. Plus it had beautiful pools , lake, game rooms and restaurants and bars. Big fan of this place now. Use VRBO or Airbnb to save money.

We were 2 adult couples, and stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek , on disney grounds, but NOT a disney resort, got a 2 BR , 2 Bath condo big condo for about 180 night, and used Uber everywhere, we highly recommend it. For the price you get about 4x the space you get at an official disney resort. Plus it had beautiful pools , lake, game rooms and restaurants and bars. Big fan of this place now. Use VRBO or Airbnb to save money.

Just an FYI, it's not on Disney grounds, it's adjacent. All the non-Disney resorts on Disney property have slightly better options, like Disney Springs has a great free shuttle system, Swan & Dolphin get many perks including EMH...

Shuttles are for folks who don't mind waiting. We never waited for more than 5 minutes for an airconditioned Uber , always less than 10 bucks, and had 1000 sq foot condo , 10x bigger than the closet you stayed at 500 yards closer to maybe 1 park. For less money per night lol.

Quite honestly, without a car I would stay home. I'm serious. I would rather not go than go without a car.

If you're dead set on going, then absolutely stay onsite. Depending solely on Disney transportation is bad enough. I can't even imagine having to depend on offsite transportation to get around.

This is why it's very hard to offer advice. Everyone has different priorities.

For me, Disney and cruises are my favorite vacations because I can park the van and never see it again until we are on our way home. I actually like Disney transpiration. The crowded buses are part of the experience for me. And, even though we no longer stay at monorail resorts, we always go take a spin on the monorail just for fun.

The answer really depends on your priorities. In our case, we spend practically no awake time in the room, other than showering. I don't care about anything other than being onsite. I was to be immersed in Disney. When I exit the room, I want to see Disney all around me. That's it. No other requirements. So, obviously, I'd get a value resort and take turns sleeping on the floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter