No Cabanas for first and last night?

Commander Cody

I have a bad feeling about this.
I know I read somewhere that Cabanas does NOT offer dinner for the first and last night of a cruise. Is this the rule for a 7 day cruise only...or all cruises? If all, I guess that means Cabanas is only an option for 1 night on a 3 night cruise.

Thanks

I know I read somewhere that Cabanas does NOT offer dinner for the first and last night of a cruise. Is this the rule for a 7 day cruise only...or all cruises? If all, I guess that means Cabanas is only an option for 1 night on a 3 night cruise.

Thanks
All cruises. Yes, only available one night on 3 night cruises.

I've never seen it as written Disney policy, but based on our experience and in reports I read here, that's correct. Can't confirm it officially, perhaps someone else can.

Room service is available (we had one cruise we couldn't go to the MDR for dinner, so we ordered room service which was delicious).

What is this cabanas I keep hearing about? Only been on magic in 99 and wonder twice.

Cabanas is the name of the buffet restaurant on the Dream and Fantasy. In the evenings it becomes a table service restaurant, serving a selection of items from the main dining rooms.

Why is it closed those two night? I'm sure there is an obvious reason but I can't think of it?

Sorry too fast on the post button.
You would know Cabanas by the name of Parrot Cay on the Wonder and Magic.

Sorry too fast on the post button.
You would know Cabanas by the name of Parrot Cay on the Wonder and Magic.

No, Parrot Cay is/was an MDR on the classic ships. The equivalent to Cabanas on the classics is/was Topsiders and Beach Blanket Buffet. (After the Magic's re-imagining, Parrot Cay became Cariocas and Topsiders became Cabanas. The Wonder still uses the old names.)

Enjoy your cruise!

On the March 7th Fantasy we boarded later than we liked and opted not to go to Cabanas as we heard it was packed. We went to Enchanted Garden instead and although it was nice to be seated at a table and have our drinks brought to us, the buffet line was SO SLOW!!! They had 2 sides open but I much prefer the buffet "stations" in Cabanas where you just go up to the food section that you want and don't have to wait in one long continuous buffet line. It was tough not being able to use our #1 boarding number. I definitely prefer boarding earlier when lunch is less crowded. We did not board until group #27 this time.

I do prefer Parrot Cay to Carioca's on the Magic. Carioca's did not thrill me when we did the reimagined Magic.

MJ

WOW ! You must be the only other person to prefer Parrot Cay over Carioca's. I have expressed my disappointment that Parrot Cay is going away and have received a real thrashing :crutches: Still holding out hope beyond hope they decide to leave Parrot on the Wonder when she gets her upgrades.

WOW ! You must be the only other person to prefer Parrot Cay over Carioca's. I have expressed my disappointment that Parrot Cay is going away and have received a real thrashing :crutches: Still holding out hope beyond hope they decide to leave Parrot on the Wonder when she gets her upgrades.
While I haven't experienced Carioca's yet (have plans, though :scratchin), I like Parrot Cay, too. Especially on the Christmas cruises. It's even more colorful for those.

Unfortunately, I think that the Wonder will change (like the Magic) to be a mini-me of the Dream class ships, also. I'm really hoping I'm wrong on that, but I doubt it.

While I haven't experienced Carioca's yet (have plans, though :scratchin), I like Parrot Cay, too. Especially on the Christmas cruises. It's even more colorful for those.

Unfortunately, I think that the Wonder will change (like the Magic) to be a mini-me of the Dream class ships, also. I'm really hoping I'm wrong on that, but I doubt it.

I'm really hoping that they keep the Wonder the same. It would be nice to have one of the classics left intact.

Why is it closed those two night? I'm sure there is an obvious reason but I can't think of it?

Because those servers/cooks/chefs are paid a wage by DCL and do not depend on tips.
They can only work so many hours per week by ILO (International Labor Organization) rules and there are time off work between shifts rules to abide by.
They also may have volunteered to work overtime helping with the luggage distribution on the embark day, and also luggage collection on your night before disembarkation if under hours.
The uniform is dependant on what they roll they are working in.

I haven't seen Carioca's yet either but i kind of like Parrot Cay better and I don't really like the look of the menus for Carioca's much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter