No Buy June

Today, I have some shopping on the agenda. But not mine!::yes:: My DSis told me what she wanted to give DDad and I told her I would pick it up and wrap it. As soon as I let her know what I've spent, she'll put it back into my checking account for me.

6/1-$20 out of clothing budget/$25 budgeted swim pass/$16 groceries & household budget/$4.75 lunch
6/2-$0:thumbsup2
6/3-$0:thumbsup2
6/4-$0:thumbsup2
6/5-$85 groceries/household budget
6/6-$0:thumbsup2
6/7-$0:thumbsup2
6/8-$0:thumbsup2
6/9-$75 groceries/household budget

Today, I have some shopping on the agenda. But not mine!::yes:: My DSis told me what she wanted to give DDad and I told her I would pick it up and wrap it. As soon as I let her know what I've spent, she'll put it back into my checking account for me.

6/1-$20 out of clothing budget/$25 budgeted swim pass/$16 groceries & household budget/$4.75 lunch

Wow, Siouxstone! You are doing great!! Congratulations. :thumbsup2

Ok, things have settled down a bit, I need to sit down with my receipts but I think I may have had a 0 day buy in there somewhere:rotfl2: .

Too hot to be in the house and crank the a/c-we're done with lunch and off to the pool...

1st - $0 personal spending, $12 for tag for Alice's collar
2nd - $0
3rd - $0 personal spending, $45 for a new harness for Alice
4th - $0
5th - 10th - exempt as I was out of town with all expenses covered by work (not to mention extra overtime payment)
11th - $0 - in fact we got our expenses paid back from our work weekend away last month so that means I've got another $60 :-)

$0/$260 personal spending
$57/$200 Alice's (the new dog) budget

I need to book Alice in for being spayed, microchipped and so on - that will be expensive!

Yesterday, I had a few items to look for while I was searching for a weather alert radio my DSis wants to give DDad for Father's Day. I spent $19 at Target for some household things and two beach toys for DS, but didn't find the radio. So, I went home and as I was about to cook dinner, I discovered my blender was dead. Because I had promised hamburgers, fries and shakes, I ran back out to Walmart and bought a blender, some a/c filters, motor oil and ice cream (which was a good thing as the almost empty container would've really ticked me off otherwise!)

Today, I discovered the weather radio online at Circuit City, jumped off of Mypoints, bought it and picked it up. So, yeah! I got Mypoints for doing someone elses errands!:lmao: Then, I called and told DSis how much she owed me! It went something like this: $29.99 weather radio, plus 8.25% tax, plus 10% handling fee, $15 delivery charge, 12% fuel surcharge and $2.50 September 11th fee for a total of $59.30. I also mentioned that if she wanted to check the package into the trunk, it would cost an extra $25, but it would be free to "carry on" in the backseat. :duck:

6/10-$69 groceries/household at Target and Walmart
6/11-OPM! other people's money:rotfl2::thumbsup2

Then, I called and told DSis how much she owed me! It went something like this: $29.99 weather radio, plus 8.25% tax, plus 10% handling fee, $15 delivery charge, 12% fuel surcharge and $2.50 September 11th fee for a total of $59.30. I also mentioned that if she wanted to check the package into the trunk, it would cost an extra $25, but it would be free to "carry on" in the backseat. :duck:
LOL! :rotfl:

OK, I narrowly avoided falling off the wagon this month...I've been meaning to buy a hutch for my desk for a few months, and I found one at Office Max that I liked. The only thing was, it was $75 and didn't fit into my budget at all! I decided to buy it anyway and come and report here on the Budget Board in shame. Then, I opened the box and found out it was too big for my desk, so I returned it. Whew! Glad I don't have to worry about that anymore!

6/1 - $0.04 at CVS, 36.83 Gas
6/2 - $2 at the Dollar Movie (apparently it's not the Dollar Movie anymore )
6/3 - $4.90 groceries, $8.02 Dry Cleaning
6/4 - $24 baseball game tix and food
6/5 - $0
6/6 - $1 grocery game trial, $16.14 at Bath and Body Works ( I just couldn't resist that sale!!), $5 at Joe's pizza
6/7 - $0
6/8 - $0
6/9 - $18 Applebee's
6/10 - $8.02 Dry Cleaning
6/11 - $11.98 for lunch (My boyfriend might pay me back half...we've been splitting the cost of going out lately :thumbsup2 )

Here are my totals so far:
Gas: 36.83/80
Dry Cleaning: 16.04/50
Groceries: 5.90/75
Eating Out/Entertainment: 60.98/75
Household: 16.18/15
Misc: 0/50
Father's Day Gift: 0/25

Well it looks like I'll be cutting it close on my "Eating Out" category, but I'm saving a lot on groceries by shopping at CVS (free milk, cereal, snacks, condiments, etc). Also, I may have to make next week exempt because we're taking an impromptu road trip to North Carolina to visit my sister. I won't buy much but my Mom asked me to help out with gas :faint: so who knows how much that'll run me!

I bought snacks, drinks, and picnic stuff for the weekend. We'll picnic on the way down to Corpus tomorrow. It's out of the vacation budget, and will really help with the budget while we're there.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I know I will, I'll be drinkin' on the beach.:beach:

6/11-OPM! other people's money:thumbsup2
6/12-$38 groceries out of weekend budget

Fell off the wagon yesterday. DD was in the living room with boyfriend-soon-to-be-fiance trying to decide where they were going for dinner. We ended up joining them for dinner at a local favorite he'd never been to.

Dinner: $48
Time with the kids: priceless

We also had to put our cat to sleep. That cost money that wasn't in the budget, but it wasn't really in our control, so I'm not counting it as a lapse. We let the county do it for $50 rather than the vet for $135 but that was as cheap as we could go.

Today I'm back on the no-buy wagon.

6/1 -$0
6/2 -$131.40 groceries, $20 haircut
6/3 -$0
6/4 -$0
6/5 -$27 books from Amazon for Father's Day $100 allowance
6/6 -$30 for dog food
6/7 -$25 Webkinz and accessory for nieces' birthday
6/8 -$30 approx for pizza and breadsticks for party
6/10-$0
6/11-$0
6/12-$160 groceries--$10 over
6/13-$

1st - $0 personal spending, $12 for tag for Alice's collar with our address & phone number - it was buy one get one free so I have a spare tag now in case one of them looses their collar or tag
2nd - $0
3rd - $0 personal spending, $45 for a new harness for Alice - I returned the jacket
4th - $0
5th - 10th - exempt as I am out of town
11th - $0 - in fact we got our expenses paid back from our work weekend away last month so that means I've got another $60 :-)
12th - $11.50 - lunch for me and Mum - she will buy next time + $2.50 for Enchanted soundtrack rental at the library
13th - $0
14th - $12 for me and Robert (food court at the mall)
? - $36 for sponsored child donation

$62/$260 personal spending

I have booked Alice in for a bunch of stuff at the vet on Tuesday - that will make a big dent in my budget and I suspect that I have unestimated the cost - she needs spaying, microchipping (if not already done), vaccinations, general health check and also perhaps her teeth may need a little attention seeing she will be knocked out anyway - I suspect it may be over $300.

The new fence finally went in too and it looks fantastic. Payment is due in 7 days - $3610 - ouch but at least its an expected cost and luckily they take VISA so that means I can spread the cost out until my VISA is due. Value added to the house is probably double the amount we spent, so a good "investment".

This month is going to be expensive for other stuff too - insurance is due (quarterly but I'm going to try switching to monthly to spread the costs a bit more), dogs need their licenses renewed, the car needs its warrant of fitness done.

On the plus, we are nearly half way through the month and have only spent just over a 1/4 of our grocery budget, mostly due to me working away from home for a week.

We also had to put our cat to sleep. That cost money that wasn't in the budget, but it wasn't really in our control, so I'm not counting it as a lapse. We let the county do it for $50 rather than the vet for $135 but that was as cheap as we could go.

Sorry to hear about your cat. :sad1:

I am just checking in :)

Groceries/Eating Out 176.75/200
Cats 51.14/50
Baby Loot 11.04/75
Gas 82.83/100
Walgreens/CVS 0/20
Misc 122.11/326

I have been eating too much at work instead of bringing my lunch. I still have $46 left to spend on groceries. I will go over on gas too I think, I filled up my dad's truck as a thank you and that was $45 :faint: and just half a tank :faint: :faint:

But I still feel like I'm doing really well this month! My misc column even includes $80 for contacts so I've only spent $44.11 on misc junk :goodvibes

12th - $11.50 - lunch for me and Mum - she will buy next time + $2.50 for Enchanted soundtrack rental at the library
13th - $0
14th - $12 for lunch for me and Robert
15th - $0

Tosha, do you have a Gymboree near you? I'm guessing so if you have a J+J. The Gymboree "Red Balloon Sale" starts on the 19th of June, and you can get some CHEAP deals during that sale. I like J+J too, but I'm not sure if it might be more $$ than Gymboree even on final clearance??

I hit the Gap clearance with my friend this morning and I found a few items for $2.97 for the new baby. I only found one thing for $3.99 in my toddler DD's size, though. I think it must be harder to find clearance there once they're out of the baby sizes or something:( I swear that I cleaned up there on winter stuff for DD during last year's June clearance sale. Oh, well...hopefully the Gymboree sale will yield better stuff for my toddler for cheap prices.

YEs I have a Gymboree. I know all about the red balloon sale! WOOHOO! I'm hitting up the outlet ( I have a Gymboree outlet 1 hour from me) and then hitting the regular store :)

I went to the J&J SF sale, and I got quite a few complete outfits for Khyri from the Gentlemen on the Green collection ( which I LOVE) and I spent only $156. I was proud of myself as I went in expecting to spend alot more than that.

Anyway thanks for the info :)

Today was a little pricey, father's day dinner was $30. The baby also outgrew her PJS so I went to old navy to get some of those skinny cotton ones and luckily found the long sleeved version I prefer on clearance for $3.97. I got three pair for now and two in the next size up. I also found skinny jeans for $4.97 (this is a big deal, my kid doesn't have a butt) and a long sleeved knit top for $.97. Then we went to Baby Depot and I got her a new pair of sandals to replace the crappy ones from Walmart (their stuff really stinks, I am never buying clothes/shoes there again) that fell apart after wearing them a half dozen times. Add in another sippy cup and I spent almost $40 on stuff for her.

I am going to that balloon event, I have $100 squirreled away from my yard sale cash to play with.

I just have 256.86 left for two weeks in my budget - yikes!

14th - $12 for lunch for me and Robert
15th - $0
16th - $0
17th - $0 personal spending, $336 for Alice's spaying, vaccine etc - OUCH

$393/$200 Alice's (the new dog) budget

I knew I had underestimated the vet bill ... :worried:

At least the car was only $40 for its warrant of fitness and didn't require anything repaired.

Oh, it's been so busy here with school being out-I did have a zero dollar day yesterday, right up until the secondary HVAC died in our house.:faint: :confused3

Cost to fix: 4k.

Ow. ow ow ow.

I think I'm going to just have to admit defeat for this month, although I've gotten much better about random eating out/shopping incidents with the girls. You guys are going to laugh; I got rained on so heavily last weekend that my purse got soaked and turned a lot of the unrecorded receipts in the front pocket to mush.

I took that as a sign...

Ok, I had a $0 day yesterday. I think the beach trip came in right on the mark, but I haven't dealt with the receipts just yet. I need to go to the grocery store today, and apparently to that "work" place expects me to go in almost every day now that my vacation is over.:rotfl2: So, I am still struggling with structures and routines. I'll try to get caught up tonight or tomorrow.

I know I'm really late getting in on this thread, but we had some unexpected expenses come up and I had to borrow $500 from our Disney fund, and I need to make that back up and be sure that we don't overspend anymore. We have less than 3 months until our trip and we always pay for them with cash only. I just have to make sure that we don't spend away our fund with $20 here and $10 there, it adds up quick! I'm just a little freaked out that we're $500 behind on our fund! :scared1:

So I'm going on total frugal mode! And I'm trying to go one day without spending any money, I can't believe it's so hard! :lmao:

Yesterday dh went to the store for kitty litter and garbage bags, even though those were essential, it was still a purchase.

So I thought I had made it all day today without spending anything and I was sooooo proud! Then Amazon got a Wii Fit in stock and I had to jump on it because I've been desperately searching for one since they came out! So I spent $103, grrrr.

Tomorrow is grocery day, plus I need to buy some fruit trees from Lowes.

We'll see if we can possibly go all day Saturday without spending anything (that is going to be the real challenge!!)

I can't wait for July, so I can see how I do for a whole month! :goodvibes

I finally tallied up my trip. I budgeted $500 for five people, two rooms, two nights, with picnics and two dinners out. I came in at $553. Not too bad. I forgot to take my notebook, which is essential on trips, so I just had a wad of receipts. If I had kept up with it, we would've come out better as I figured we were really good when we went into the souvie shop. I also would've nixed alcohol at dinner Saturday night. However, we paid for everything but my parents gas. They told my DSis that I spent a ton of money on them. $110 per person for three days away? I wouldn't call it a ton, but I'll let them keep thinking it!;)

I did a big grocery store run yesterday, so I should be back to normal. We always try to leave with an empty fridge. Yes, the just opened milk should still be fine three days later, but I'm a freak about it.:rotfl:

6/11-OPM! other people's money
6/12-$38 groceries out of weekend budget
6/13-Trip
6/14-Trip
6/15-Trip
6/16-$28 groceries
6/17-$0:thumbsup2
3/18-$114 groceries
3/19-$0:thumbsup2

I'm going to try and really buckle down for the rest of the month. I still haven't Paid Pete, as we call it when we owe WDW money. (Pete always charges coins on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.) The balance is due on August 1st.

Welcome momof2disneybabies! :wave: Sometimes our posts get a little thin, but we're still glad to have you on board. It's always tough to get going, but Disney trips can be great carrots.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter